Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Call Gsm Providers To Order - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Call Gsm Providers To Order (834 Views)

Report Your Telecom Service Providers To The NCC / How Many Years Will It Take Our Service Providers To Release This Service To Us! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Gsm Providers To Order by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2011
Call GSM providers to order
By Our reader
Tuesday, 28 Jun 2011

When the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, approved the operations of global mobile communication services in Nigeria, little did Nigerians know that the scheme would later turn out to be a drain pipe through which unsuspecting Nigerians would be milked illegally and endlessly.

My recent visit to Ghana has blown the lid off my eyes as I discovered that there is a great disparity between the amount the communication providers in Nigeria and Ghana charge. With just two Ghana cedis worth of communication credit card, which is an equivalent of N200 or little below, one would call and call just like the way people in the U.K or U.S normally call with ease and with little or negligible charges without having to be in a hurry to end calls suddenly because of pocket-tearing charges.

Even, the phone calls I made to my friends in the US and UK, with my Ghana MTN line, were made with little or negligible charges. I called as if I had just won a lottery or like an MTN staff, something I cannot do in Nigeria. Ghana like Nigeria has similar communication providers like MTN, GLO, VODACOM,ETISALAT, ZAIN etc. and what they charge on their services are very, very low. Why?

In view of this, I appeal to President Goodluck Jonanthan and the Nigerian Communications Commission to call on MTN and other mobile communication service providers in Nigeria to order so as to reduce their skyrocketing charges in line with their Ghana sister subsidiaries or counterparts and stop exploiting the consumers in Nigeria.

-Frank Menukuro, 16, Frank Menukuro Street, Ijigba, Akure, Ondo State.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106281112562
Re: Call Gsm Providers To Order by luluosas(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2011
MTN declared on Monday that, Nigeria is the largest contributor to the MTN group with a startling subscriber base of 40 million, yet, they are the most expensive network in Nigeria. see http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21827:mtn-subscribers-in-nigeria-hit-40m&catid=3:business&Itemid=3 They hardly build a permanent structure for their business execution rather, they prefer to hire or build on leased land. They are erecting their mass in my place of work right now. Instead of building an environmental friendly masts for their services, they rented our over head surface tank for their antennas, while glo built a palm tree masts tower in the same place. Why do foreigners always come to Nigeria to milk us dry and we look helpless? Until we Nigerians starts to appreciate on own thing, visitors will keep on ripping us to their advantage.
Re: Call Gsm Providers To Order by Emeka72(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
That's true because I am scared of browsing or calling with credit. I use empty-N to browse without credit. I use Airtel to send 5 free weekly (Airtel-Airtel) txts. I discovered dat on festive occasions and public holidays, dere is no free text even 2 Airtel networks.
Re: Call Gsm Providers To Order by Emeka72(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2011
Imagine whem dey are supposed to be doing free calls and free texts on festive days that is when they(Airtel) will charge the highest.
Re: Call Gsm Providers To Order by jamace(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2011
Hmnnnn. I tire o. sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Tablet For Sale? / Can Anyone Educate Me On How To Get A Short Code Service In Nigeria? / Vehicle Tracking With Bb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.