Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:09 AM

Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More (865 Views)

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
... undecided undecided
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by MAGG0T(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
I'm not an expert in this case but I have four points to give concerning this post

Thank you!
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Babaheekmat: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mercychen:
Long post alert!

How long am I supposed to keep settling this fellow because I don't understand what she's up to.

I'm talking about a bursar of one of my schools. She's the one in charge of texts books. So we marketers supply to her and get paid by her.

After supplying the school, I was expecting the payment would be done electronically but the HM said I should see the bursar for the money. Meaning physical cash and i don't usually like such mode of payments because I'll just squander the money.

I went to her and she gave me 50% of the money saying the students have not finished picking the books. I took the money and left. Though I had it in mind to settle her but because I've not sorted out the one that will go to the publisher and know what's left for me, I didn't give her anything.

When salary was about to be paid for that month, the HM called and told me they have begun tax deductions and all that stuff but I told her I already pay my tax. So, the HM said, ok then no need.
When I went to the bursar, she mentioned the tax ish again and I told her I already pay tax in other schools and she made a statement like.. "ehen.. other schools,? other schools? Ok!" I just looked at her and wondered why she was stressing " other schools.

I got my salary that month and it was short of 500. The HM now called me and was apologizing that they later thought of it and felt I should pay tax with the school since I'm on their payroll bla bla bla. That I shouldn't be annoyed that she didn't call to tell me of the change of plans. I said ok, no p. I knew immediately it was the bursar who went and told her i pay in other schools. So I felt, is it because I didn't settle her for the books?.
So, I went to her office and gave her money. She was shocked. She was like.. is it for me? From your mind? I said, don't worry. Then, she said don't worry, I'll send you the money for the books ive sold and that weekend, she paid in some money. I just smiled.

I came to school and thanked her. I don't know if she was expecting another settlement. This was last term.

This term before I resumed, the HM called and told me to meet the bursar for my December package because I closed before them, so, they had to keep mine in school. To my surprise, they even paid for December.
I went to her after the close of work. She was just looking at me strangely. I then told her HM said to come for my package and she quickly jumped up claiming she forgot. After receiving the hamper and signing for the cash, I left in a hurry. Since then, she's been acting somehow.

The term is almost over. I went to her last week to Bal up for the books because I could see the shelf where my books are is empty because more students bought books. She said she'll send it to me. Nothing till now.

I want to know if I'm supposed to continue settling her every time I collect money, for a one time supply I made or what message is she passing across with this attitude and delay tactics?

Would sorting her again make her loosen up and is it right? I mean... I already did that.. and I wouldn't want to report to the HM.

Would not sorting her make Dem not to pay you?
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Babaheekmat:

Would not sorting her make Dem not to pay you?

She's the one in charge and that's why she's delaying the payment.
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by sisisioge: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2022
Business is hard in this country fa.....everyone expects a cut from your investments. Please always factor PRs and give them for a seamless operation. Once they start perceiving you as being tight fisted, your days are not only numbered, they would delay your payment thus increasing the cost of investment for you.

You dont have to give them much, just give. Even if it's to buy something cheap for them.

Also, you could motivate them to sell your stuff quickly by giving them commission. Eg,for every textbook you sell, your cut is 100naira. That way, she would sell more and not look at your own payment when it comes cos she is sure of her own payment. Everyone is hungry fa....chop make I chop na him be the order of day now. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
sisisioge:
Business is hard in this country fa.....everyone expects a cut from your investments. Please always factor PRs and give them for a seamless operation.

You dont have to give them much, just give. Even if it's to buy something cheap for them.

Also, you could motivate them to sell your stuff quickly by giving them commission. Eg,for every textbook you sell, your cut is 100naira. That way, she would sell more and not look at your own payment when it comes cos she is sure of her own payment. Everyone is hungry fa....chop make I chop na him be the order of day now. Good luck.

They've already added their cut to the books, which is normal and ive settled her after I collected the first batch of payment. I wonder why all these is happening.

The other schools, after getting their own cut, I don't get to settle them again. I don't know for this woman. If the HM even finds out I settled her, hm.. she'll may not take it lightly because its a Christian School.
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by sisisioge: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mercychen:

They've already added their cut to the books, which is normal and ive settled her after I collected the first batch of payment. I wonder why all these is happening.

The other schools, after getting their own cut, I don't get to settle them again. I don't know for this woman. If the HM even finds out I settled her, hm.. she'll may not take it lightly because its a Christian School.

Na wa o....just buy something small for her the next time you go. She is apparently greedy or maybe the cut the school added doesnt get to her....you dont need anyone throwing spanner in your wheel because of small PR biko.
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
sisisioge:

Na wa o....just buy something small for her the next time you go. She is apparently greedy or maybe the cut the school added doesnt get to her....you dont need anyone throwing spanner in your wheel because of small PR biko.

Hm.
Re: Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More by Babaheekmat: 6:52am On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:

She's the one in charge and that's why she's delaying the payment.

It's easier to report her ass to the school owner then

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Current Partner An Answered Prayer? / Wardrobes For Sale / A+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.