Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,661 members, 7,892,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:37 PM

Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm (10067 Views)

Poll: What's Your Prediction?

Super Falcons Will Win: 33% (12 votes)
A Draw: 13% (5 votes)
Germany Will Win: 52% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by manuch(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2011
why did'nt she start with sunday
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2011
no, it just started, first half
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by icez: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
Kc3000:

@icez, I totally agree. That was borderline racism by that woman on ESPN. She complained about every single thing the Nigerians did. It was a show of shame.

My broda na so we see the thing 0!!
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by kq(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by mithel(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
Kc3000:

@icez, I totally agree. That was borderline racism by that woman on ESPN. She complained about every single thing the Nigerians did. It was a show of shame.

she is obviously a lesbian,and just angry that our country is against it. Homophobic? :-/
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by denitro(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
Germany 1 Nigeria 0
Full time score
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
crash in, crash out
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by mithel(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2011
Mehn,its wasnt our gals against the germans o,it was nigeria versus (germany + gay people) .on twitter,homosexuals n deir symphatizers are very happy that nigeria is out claiming dat we are homophobic.(u just search out nigeria on twitter) Chai,dis is wat we get for being on the right syd for once.

And did the german coach shake uchearia's hand.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by aieromon(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
It was worth the shot!!!
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Afritelly: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
And did the german coach shake uchearia's hand.

She showed sign of respect to her. Haven't said that it mean "great players".
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by MeGaStReEt: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
[size=13pt]I AM PROUD OF SUPER FALCONS[/size]
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by ginas: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2011
i am impressed by the girls despite the fact that we lost.
comparing the present falcons to the ones of previous world cups, i saw lots of improvement,
first in their level of concentration,
technical and tactical know-how
composure defensively
lots of improvement in transition from defence to mid field to attack
improvement in ball winning ability,

areas they need to work on though:
1. more work on team cohesion
2. we did not play much to our strength (i.e speed), playing with alot of pace and application of the physical aspect to our advantage
3. more accurate passing of the ball
4. most importantly finishing.

my own personal opinion is for
1. NFF to let  the coach be for another 4 years,( even the male counterpart have not done better than she have done) ,
2. beside the team needs continuity.
3.  preparation for the next world cup should start immediately.  
4. efforts should be made to get a good sponsor for the female league
i am happy with the girls, they could not have done better than they did given the circumstances.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by MeGaStReEt: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
They played better today. We missed out when we lost to France, it was always going to be a difficult game against the Germans. kudos to the girls, especially our defenders, they played some nice football today. I am impressed.

Is there any chance for us to qualify if we beat Canada like 3-0?
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by trueword: 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
looking at how France destroyed Canada 4-0 it seems Super Falcons actually did pretty good.

The thing which is glaring from both the France and Germany game is the lack of any real offensive attack. Super Falcons are not really able to control the ball and generate strong attack. They kept relying and kicking the ball downfield  and hoping that one of their players will get it.  The Germans did their homework and were ready for that.

Super Falcons need to get better training for off-ball movement and in dribbling skills.  Either a new coach who can train the girls better is needed or Coach Uche needs to attend training sessions for coaches between now and next world cup to really learn more.

Coach Uche doesn't really know how to make adjustments at half-time.

Other than that, the Super Falcons played good against Germany. Not many thought they could keep up with Germany.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by nwaafo1: 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
they were not really good
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by MeGaStReEt: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2011
nwa afo:

they were not really good

you go fit run for 15mins?
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by ltd(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2011
The super falcons lost 0-1. Let them just play against Canada on tuesday to fulfil all righteousness and then come home immediately. We've had enough of their disgrace. Local Champions [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by asscend: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2011
ltd:

The super falcons lost 0-1. Let them just play against Canada on tuesday to fulfil all righteousness and then come home immediately. We've had enough of their disgrace. Local Champions [/color]
ltd:

The super falcons lost 0-1. Let them just play against Canada on tuesday to fulfil all righteousness and then come home immediately. We've had enough of their disgrace. Local Champions [color=#550000]

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by 190: 12:40am On Jul 01, 2011
ltd:

The super falcons lost 0-1. Let them just play against Canada on tuesday to fulfil all righteousness and then come home immediately. We've had enough of their disgrace. Local Champions [color=#550000][/color]
grin grin grin
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by asscend: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2011
After bullying Africa they come on the world stage and find out that by strength alone they shall not prevail.

They still lack certain tecnical aspect especially in ball possesion.

I don't know if it has to do with the kind of pitches they use in Naija which tends to slow the ball down and wen it comes to the international stage the pitch is different and the ball is fast.

Anyone that watched that match will see that passing was a no no for the Falcons,
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by kosoro: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2011
A large chunk of falcons problems is psychological. Sadly, the super eagles have the same problem. How can you qualify for a tournament and go there and fear anybody?
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by asscend: 12:47am On Jul 01, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

They played better today. We missed out when we lost to France, it was always going to be a difficult game against the Germans. kudos to the girls, especially our defenders, they played some nice football today. I am impressed.

Is there any chance for us to qualify if we beat Canada like 3-0?

No chance at all. Even if they win 10-0. They are out.

They will only have 3points. Germany and France has 6points already.

Bye bye Falcons,
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by mamagee3(f): 1:03am On Jul 01, 2011
ltd:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by MeGaStReEt: 1:34am On Jul 01, 2011
asscend:

No chance at all. Even if they win 10-0. They are out.

They will only have 3points. Germany and France has 6points already.

Bye bye Falcons,

Its a pity, they played better against Germany. I watched the game from start to finish, those girls played like their lives depends on it. They all gave it their best. It was not easy for Germany as well, they were just lucky with the goal, not that they played better than us. The problem we had against France was our midfield, Iroka is too slow and inexperienced. Allthesame, there is always another time. I believe this is the last world cup appearance for Perpetua, Mbachu and Chikwelu. I wish them goodluck.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by mamagee3(f): 1:44am On Jul 01, 2011
^^I knew it, losing two straight matches is nothing for wasting millions of naira on. . .

Those girls ought to go home fast to prevent further disgrace.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Obiagu1(m): 4:20am On Jul 01, 2011
A very tight game, the girls played very well especially the defence. The problem we had in that game was the midfield. They did well but couldn't get their pass to the forwards right at all throughout the game. That was our downfall. sad
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by TmeD0(m): 4:56am On Jul 01, 2011
IMO, the only person that showed up on that pitch was our goalkeeper. . . chikena!  grin
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Sike(m): 5:01am On Jul 01, 2011
Haaaa! O ma shey o! Dat mins Falcons don ja? Chai! And diz girls fight o. Anyway, e don hapen. Make den cum back dey joli 4 9ja joh.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by user32(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2011
SOMEBODY IS LOSING THEIR JOB, UCHE, grin grin
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by emmke(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2011
i now understand why is not advisable to die for nigeria, cos no one will appreciate it. Those girls played like their lives depended on it and yet here are some people bad-mouthing them. Those kind of people are the disgrace not the falcons. WELDONE GIRLS.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by namdo(m): 8:36am On Jul 01, 2011
yes i was expecting the germans to trounce super falcons say 5-0 but when i saw the determination with which our gals were playing i concluded they were mentally and physically prepared. the problem was tactical deficiency. the attackers had no plans, they were always overwhelmed by the german defence.
Overall performance for me was great from superfalcons given the tactical 'shortness' of their coach and technical bench, even with the german they hired they could not teach the girls how to take shorts at goal from outside 18. What they need is a better coaching crew and with the kind of determination they have they can beat any female team, my 1-kobo.
Re: Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm by Diligence: 10:34am On Jul 01, 2011
Scrambled goal can beat every goalkeeper; the germans escaped wt 1 goal - the falcons were more determined but just cldn't net d goals - proud of u girls!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Voted 'Sexiest' Athlete Of 2012 / Super Eagles Drop Three Places In FIFA Ranking / Promoting Mixed Martial Arts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.