Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? (644 Views)

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / Top 11 Quick Loan Apps In Nigeria For Individuals And Business Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? by mubarak89(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
I have a quick question please.

A colleague borrowed 3k from a loan app but defaulted in paying by 1 day. I know he wanted to pay back even before the time elapsed but the money he was expecting didn't come through.

Someone from the loan app called him to tell him he's defaulted and will have to pay the penalty charges for defaulting to which he agreed. But then, by morning the following day, the loan app had sent out his picture with an embarrassing message to his younger brother and some friends claiming he's a fraudster and they should inform him to pay up.

Now my question is simple:

After embarrassing someone in that manner the loan app still expects him to pay up? If yes then how about the damaging embarrassing messages they've sent to his contact; will they withdraw those messages and apologize?

Well, my guy is so angry and hurt. When the loan app rep called him, he insisted that they'll have to retract the embarrassing messages and apologize before he'd pay.
Re: Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? by SmileDance(f): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
The rule is : After the defamation, thou shalt not pay

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? by Thou: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
SmileDance:
i shalt payangry!
Re: Loan Apps: After Sending Embarrassing Messages To My Contacts I'll Still Pay Up? by mubarak89(m): 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
SmileDance:

My thoughts exactly!

(1) (Reply)

Open A Betking Shop / Earn In Dollars Monthly Working From Home / Bet9ja Agent Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.