Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,132 members, 7,949,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC (20712 Views)

Court Documents Reveal GEJ Filed Charges Against Tinubu In 2011 For Forgery / Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / FBI Indictment Of Abba Kyari, Hushpuppi (US Court Documents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Buke26: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
When we vote, do we vote for the party or the individual? I don’t understand

When you vote, do you thumb print � on the name of the individual or on the emblem/name of the party?

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by loster: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Just like what it is, as soon as INEC gets the CTC, they'll issue a certificate of return to the name submitted by PDP.

If or when the appeal court nullifies the judgement, INEC can always revert.

So the issue of waiting for Appeal court or supreme court decision doesn't hold here.
it hold because he can get an enjuction from appeal to stop the hand over until appeal give there own judgement, after there he dnt get what he want he go to ssupreme before you know it he HV finish his tanure
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Freebills12: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
BeardGangJnr1:
This judge is null and void. in general elections, we vote for individuals not Parties.
That's the small I know... anyone can enlighten me More

In general election you vote individual, what is the need for joining political parties then? You can just declare your intention on the radio OT TV and on the day of election, your name will appear on the ballot box.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Lionnation: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
we video for party according to electoral act. In the ballot you will only see part logos
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Topmaike007(m): 7:16am On Mar 09, 2022
potent5:
You don't sound like you want to be enlightened, because you have already concluded that the judgement is null and void.

Anyways, in Nigeria we vote for the party sponsoring a candidate and the victory of a candidate is that of the party sponsoring him. That was why people like Rotimi Amaechi became governor without contesting in the election.
no be money him use by form, which one is sponsoring him again
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Foolishbuhari: 7:18am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
This judge is null and void. in general elections, we vote for individuals not Parties.

Did you see the individual's name on the ballot paper, or that of the party? That should answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Oscillator: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
“The Commission will meet and take a decision when it is served with a Certified True Copy of the judgement.”

https://gazettengr.com/gov-umahis-sack-were-waiting-for-court-documents-inec-says/
Worthless country! 12 Century BC mentality.

You don't need a copy of the judgment to take action.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OfficialAwol(m): 7:23am On Mar 09, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Says who? grin

See, ibo will keep fighting itself. It is like I hate ibos. No, I dont. I love ibos. As a good friend, I must tell ibos the truth. Now, this guy has been damaged emotionally. He cannot concentrate again with his plan to sit in Aso Rock. He will start fighting this. Can he even fight after he is tossed out?

Lol. cheesy

Have you imagined that if Umahi remained in PDP, he would have been the strongest contender to the PDP ticket?

Umahi dimmed the chances of Southeast getting the PDP ticket when he left to APC.

Now, look at it, where do you think his chances would have been stronger?
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Emyogalanya: 7:25am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
whose/what image did you see on the ballot when you voted? Was umahi image or name on it?
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2022
This will only truncate the Ebonyi state governors tenure, imagine if the pdp governor takes charge he will start appealing that his tenure only starts when he was swore in.

My point is why delay such a judgement till now ? Umahi tenure is almost over

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by izac82: 7:32am On Mar 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Umahi to vacate the seat? grin

This is not western world o, this is zoo o
This is why I keep saying your organization is very anti Igbo. Umahi is one of the working governors in the east,
the people gloating and celebrating this error of a judgement has been your members. The question is why?
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Osilama1: 7:32am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
no sir party owns vote did u see any individual in ballot paper?

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
How did Yaya Bello became Governor in 2015?
He was not on the ballot at all, as the result was been computed, the then APC flag bearer died, and Yaya Bello, who came second in the APC primaries was declared Gov on a platter not even the then deputy flag bearer. Instead of conducting fresh election.

I don't know why they didn't amend that part of the constitution..

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by ityP(m): 7:35am On Mar 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
“The Commission will meet and take a decision when it is served with a Certified True Copy of the judgement.”

https://gazettengr.com/gov-umahis-sack-were-waiting-for-court-documents-inec-says/

They'll also sack Buhari weeks to the presidential elections grin
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Simplythebest: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2022
Nigeria politics is very dirty and very wicked leaders am sure this hole issue is to make APC members that planing to leave the party after the convention to not think of it cus of the implications that they will lose their seats. What a country for so many years now i have not seen a governor lose his seat cus of defection. Fear APC government
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by damirosky60: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Have you heard of Section 68 (1)g before?

Section 68 is for lawmakers

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by derbykol(f): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
Amaechi didn't participate in the election that first made him a governor.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Starpro87(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:

What do you see on the ballot, Contestant name or party name/logo?

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Kingnelson9: 7:39am On Mar 09, 2022
He wants to be the president...
He caused it , so he should accept it that way and it will serve as a lesson to others
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by zionstaar75: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Just like what it is, as soon as INEC gets the CTC, they'll issue a certificate of return to the name submitted by PDP.

If or when the appeal court nullifies the judgement, INEC can always revert.

So the issue of waiting for Appeal court or supreme court decision doesn't hold here.
certificate of return when an appeal is in progress?must u display such ignorance confidently ���
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by ityP(m): 7:40am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

We actually vote party, not individuals

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Ezmans: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
you voted for party

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by creolehunt: 7:46am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:
I have always been against the idea of carpet crossing because in the real sense, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

Both APC and PDP have different idealogies and what's the essence of you carpet crossing? Is it that you've changed idea or what?

Ideology in Nigerian politics?

Please what are their ideologies?
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by hybridblood07(m): 7:48am On Mar 09, 2022
God bless you for the question!
3coins:

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by WilsonBright935: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2022
omenkaLives:
But we know this judgement can never be executed. We're in the third month of 2022 already, and by the time the appeal court might be preparing its judgement, we could be talking about a handover to another elected governor in 2023.

The judgement is what it is- a mere pronouncement. It's only utility I see is it making it alot more difficult for incumbents to change parties at will.

Oyinlola spent 3 years and like 10 months in office before court ordered him to leave

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by emmydee(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2022
I don’t even like Umahi. However, the question I want to ask is this, “ Is Umahi the first political office holder to defect to another political party in this country?”

So what happens to the others? Ben Ayade, etc
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by potent5(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2022
No lele.
BeardGangJnr1:

Sorry for sounding that way.... emotions clouded my reasoning

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by descartes400: 7:51am On Mar 09, 2022
The judgement itself as pertaining to the governor is judicial rascality. You cannot extend provisions meant for the assembly members in the constitution to the governor. When did court or judiciary began making laws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by shadrach77: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
Ideally it should be for the party. The problem is that many of the politicians deceive people into thinking they are voting for the individual
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by guru90: 7:59am On Mar 09, 2022
Umahi.................... i hate this man ever since he became governor........... If u see how this man the maltreat his state workers........
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Caseless: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:
I have always been against the idea of carpet crossing because in the real sense, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

Both APC and PDP have different idealogies and what's the essence of you carpet crossing? Is it that you've changed idea or what?

But this is Nigeria sha, even when they do not carpetcross if they find a common ground to loot the country dry, they'll unite even across partylines to do so.

I hope the judgement stands so that the useless carpetcrossing can go to hell.
The law should state clearly that no cross-carpeting and it'd stop and it should create grounds upon which that can happen. Now that independent candidature is allowed.

Again, no party ideology in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda / Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! / Prison Officers Secretly Move Charles Okah To Borno Prisons After Life Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.