Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment (36143 Views)

The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2022
nonxo007:
I served in Ogun state,
what year
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by aminusodiq(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and t.
everything was available when I camped aside the socket which was removed cos they steal phones in hostels. Whatever I bought was deliberate. This was in 2020

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by SocialJustice: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.
Post this on twitter and tag nysc handle.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by TheSociopath(m): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2022
seunlayi:
To serve Nigeria no be by force. Most of your complaint are not genuine.

-The disconnection of sockets is to prevent electrical faults or fire outbreak but the Commandant should have created some centre charging outlet that will be closely monitored by one of the camp officials.

-Somebody would have told you to get a better power bank before going to camp but you probably ignored it. Not those 1 timed cycled power banks but those that you won't need to recharge on your 1st week in camp and you just recharge 2 or 3 times before before orientation ends.

-Negotiate better with your pos operator, you should know they are in their season, after your 3 weeks of stay, they will go back to drink garri for months angry

- am surprised you didn't complain about those food sellers at the mammy market, surprised that you are ok with their rates grin

- the camp need to do something about water because without water, the camp will be in a mess. Buying a bucket of water for ₦50 is not kind, it's very cruel for an Otondo

Mumu comment. So remove all the sockets in your house then since you're at risk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by tctrills: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2022
falcon01:
Toh it's your camp problem, where I camped everything was available but i still choose to buy with my money. There's always water sockets connected, everything available except the price of things is slightly high.
What is your point?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2022
I can't relate to such, I served in Ogun state camp sagamu and we had light, water was running in the female hostel, no mosquito, neat bathroom and toilets, a stadium and sockets to charge phone. Very serene environment. One plate of food #300, we had ATM too.

The best camp in Nigeria. Go better camp, e get why.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 10:29am On Mar 10, 2022
Hannover:

I served there in 2010. All what you said up there is very correct. I experienced them all. When did u serve?
2015/2016
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Way4orward: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2022
Correct.

HarunaWest:
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 10:31am On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

my friends camped in lagos , the pictures too , lagos camp is dirty , they use canopies , over crowded , its just the hype. ogun state use stadium for their lectures , ATM vans readily available , i never bought water , set of clean toilets and cleaners , i never washed my clothes cause mummy AY is here will wash 15 clothes for 5h, Ogun state was the 5 star camp

Which stadium did Ogun state camp use for it's lectures? Was mummy AY washing your clothes for free? Does Lagos not have access to ATMs?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nonxo007(m): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

what year
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Perfectnumber6(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2022
Nozino:

I camped in mangu last year. Everything he said is true. But those people are businessmen if they tell you how much they are charged, you’d be surprised. There’s an ATM at the admin block. Charging phone was N50.

Years back i camped in that same Mangu where you are now .. Things weren't like this honestly it was a good place and the sockets were working well sometimes they disconnect it but we had Electrical Engineering Corp members who will connect it back and we will charge .
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nonxo007(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

my friends camped in lagos , the pictures too , lagos camp is dirty , they use canopies , over crowded , its just the hype. ogun state use stadium for their lectures , ATM vans readily available , i never bought water , set of clean toilets and cleaners , i never washed my clothes cause mummy AY is here will wash 15 clothes for 5h, Ogun state was the 5 star camp
I swear Ogun state camp was the best.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Muzikluva(m): 10:37am On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.
What year did you serve please??
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2022
Muzikluva:

What year did you serve please??
15/16
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Muzikluva(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
15/16
I see…I served in Bayelsa state and the place was a huge mess. No sockets in the hostels, dirty bathrooms, we had to go fetch water from one. Central pump far from the hostel, very very bad food. The day I entered the store room for food after our 3weeks ended ehn, I was shocked! That’s when I knew that govt and nysc officials will never allow NYSC to stop cuz they keep milking the scheme as hard as they can.

3 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2022
lexy2014:

Which stadium did Ogun state camp use for it's lectures? Was mummy AY washing your clothes for free? Does Lagos not have access to ATMs?
gateway international stadium, and hey boy nobody is arguing with u , even people that camped in lagos know ogun state was better

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2022
Muzikluva:

I see…I served in Bayelsa state and the place was a huge mess. No sockets in the hostels, dirty bathrooms, we had to go fetch water from one. Central pump far from the hostel, very very bad food. The day I entered the store room for food after our 3weeks ended ehn, I was shocked! That’s when I knew that govt and nysc officials will never allow NYSC to stop cuz they keep milking the scheme as hard as they can.
chai sorry bout your experience. Some people are just bad in this country kowai. Our camp coordinator then was a lady. A good mother. She took care of us like her own and we behaved well through out the experience.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Ayobeck(m): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2022
Бог ніколи не соромить своїх дітей, навіть якщо вони досягають 1 м, Бог все одно вони за нас
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Hisxellency: 10:58am On Mar 10, 2022
Mac- Gregor camp Ebonyi state remains the best

I really enjoyed my stay there during that 21 days camping
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by worldclass68(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2022
God bless black gold camp...Kaduna, 2020 Bacht B stream 1b set cool

I didn't charge my phone with money for once, the meal served nah top notch cool
The only thing I bought with money beverages and sachet water...
For my hostel ( new hostel room 7), we have running shower 24/7 everything is just top notch, although they moved into temporary camp cuz of security issues...

But God bless mallam Isah wanna
God bless His excellency Gov. Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai
God bless the Kaduna state..
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by koolib(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2022
Hisxellency:
Mac- Gregor camp Ebonyi state remains the best

I really enjoyed my stay there during that 21 days camping

I camped here in 2011. Afikpo
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by KingZizah: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2022
[color=#990000]Well, I camped at Mangu Camp Plateau state in 2014 and my camp experience was cool. I never had to charge my phone outside because there was light always and sockets were working. I ate the camp food mostly, I only had to add my own milk to the tea being served. The 2000naira cash I brought in was enough for me because I lived within my means, I equally made extra cash by slim-fitting khakis with my thread and needle. Mangu camp was fun !!!
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by davessales039(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2022
Stanweezy:
That one na normal thing, before going to camp u sopos know say no be picnic u dey embark so.

It is wrong, regardless.
It shouldn't be.

Call a spade, a spade.
We should not normalize madness.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by MAJORBANKZ(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2022
well observed during my stay in Asaya kogi camp, the cost of making POS withdrawal was outrageous. 10% for every withdrawal
i had to pay 3k with abeg to deposit my allowee
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Coldie(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2022
seunlayi:
To serve Nigeria no be by force. Most of your complaint are not genuine.

-The disconnection of sockets is to prevent electrical faults or fire outbreak but the Commandant should have created some centre charging outlet that will be closely monitored by one of the camp officials.

-Somebody would have told you to get a better power bank before going to camp but you probably ignored it. Not those 1 timed cycled power banks but those that you won't need to recharge on your 1st week in camp and you just recharge 2 or 3 times before before orientation ends.

-Negotiate better with your pos operator, you should know they are in their season, after your 3 weeks of stay, they will go back to drink garri for months angry

- am surprised you didn't complain about those food sellers at the mammy market, surprised that you are ok with their rates grin

- the camp need to do something about water because without water, the camp will be in a mess. Buying a bucket of water for ₦50 is not kind, it's very cruel for an Otondo

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by ryd3(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:

This is the beauty of service, the GOOD memories and touching other lives.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by PastorFire: 11:41am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Just imagine all this.

Ignorant lad. They should put socket so you can connect live wires and burn down our camp abi?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by ogbologbo1000(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2022
The state NYSC director and the camp commandant are the culprit.
They charge those doing business in camps exorbitantly, in return they comply with the request of the traders, by making sure they lack every necessary amenities that they are to have.
Why should a corp member go to Mami to charge phone.

Everything in Nigeria is business.
They make bogus budget for NYCSC, at the end of the day, they don't spend even 30%of the funds allocated for each corps member.
This country is so messed up that you can hardly fine anybody who is not morally bankrupt.
I cry for NIGERIA.
Aa ZOO indeed!

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Let me not talk about yikpata camp in 2020
Upon say na one week camping we did coz of coronavirus outbreak, I exhausted 20k of 30k I brought to the camp grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / 2016 Batch B NYSC Call-up Letter Is Out – See How To Print Yours / Female Corper Survives Horrific Accident On Her Way To Orientation Camp (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.