Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,681 members, 7,889,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book (1241 Views)

Oyinlola: How Obasanjo Truncated Tinubu’s Ambition To Become Buhari’s VP / Emir Ado Bayero Presenting A Prize To El-Rufai In The 1970s / 2023 Loading: Osinbajo And El-Rufai In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by onojaintegrity: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2022
Following Nasir El-rufai's media tour and backbite against fellow Governors in his bid to become Vice President come 2023, a lot of outrage has occurred and as well deepened the crisis of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress.

Since Nasir El-Rufai said he will contest for President if Buhari asks him to, here is what the public should learn more about this fellow. Below is an exact quote of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s assessment of Nasir El-Rufai from page 412-413 of his book, My Watch Volume 2:

“A leader must know the character and ability of his subordinates. Character wise, Nasir has not much going for him. But he is a talented young man who can always deliver under close supervision. So, when Osita Chidoka approached, among others, propping Nasir as my possible successor, believing that whoever I supported would make it, which was a false belief; I did not hesitate to point to Nasir’s naivety and immaturity, talk less of his inability to give honour to whom honour is due.

My vivid recollection of him is penchant for lying, for unfair embellishment of stories and his inability to sustain loyalty for long. Two years after I had left office, Osita came to me to confirm how right I was on my assessment and judgement of Nasir. I knew what I could make him to achieve and he achieved it for my administration and for the country. I believe that he can still be used in public service but under guidance and sufficient oversight, making allowance for the psychology of “his petit size and his elephantine brain.” He was described as a malicious liar. He was more than that; he is a pathological purveyor of untruths and half-truths with little or no regard for integrity. In all of this, he unwittingly does more harm than good to himself”

“Nasir’s penchant for reputation savaging is almost pathological. Why does he do it? I recognised his weaknesses; the worst being his inability to be loyal to anybody or any issue consistently for long, but only to Nasir el-Rufai. He barefacedly lied which he did to me against his colleagues and so-called friends. I have heard of how he ruthlessly savaged the reputation of his uncle, a man who was like, in the African setting, his foster father. I shuddered when I heard the story of what he did to his half-brother in the Air Force who is senior to him in age.”

Who can know a man more than his boss of eight years?
Source: https://thetrumpetng.com/news-apc-crisis-penchant-for-lying-how-obasanjo-described-el-rufai-in-his-book/

Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2022
gbam...From his son's rants,you will know who the parents are.
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Jonah2022: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2022
Who else would know a man more than his boss of 8 years?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Thesaint141(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by drmuchin: 10:30am On Mar 11, 2022
The short devil
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Johnjames11: 11:56am On Mar 11, 2022
Hahaha
OBJ get mouth abeg
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by magdaleneudo: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2022
That man is tricky
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by omenkaLives(m): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
Who can guess how Obasanjo described Okechukwu Atikwu Abubakanu in his book. wink
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
Who can guess how Obasanjo described Okechukwu Atikwu Abubakanu in his book. wink
[/s]

shut it

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by omowolewa: 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hummm! I said it

But his own version of lies is profitable
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Voice4kogi: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hahahaha
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by udo2022: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Baba is saying the truth
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by monday2023: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
El-Rufai knows his way.
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by danladi02: 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
omenkaLives:

Hahahaha
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by danladi02: 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
I was actually thinking he has become the APC spokesperson.
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Folashade40: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
This is finishing
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Owoicho4040: 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
Let's pray for Nigeria
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by Paul1212: 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
El-rufai is loved regardless.
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by LordIsaac(m): 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
He stands out, nonetheless! And on a personal note, I like him.
Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by LeoDeKing: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
omenkaLives:
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Penchant For Lying; How Obasanjo Described El-rufai In His Book by 1847se: 4:26am On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

grin grin grin
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

You Must Be A Child For Comparing Nnamdi Kanu To Adeyinka Grandson(pictures) / Abuja-kaduna Train Attack : Terrorist Claimed Responsibility, Parades MD, BOA / Sa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.