Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,725 members, 7,879,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye (1398 Views)

We Have Declared Yoruba Sovereignty— Professor Banji Akintoye / Banji Akintoye: If We Wait For Buhari, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of Us / Yoruba Council Of Elders Rejects Agitation For Oduduwa Republic| Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2022
The apex Yoruba self-determination organisation, Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), has threatened to resume its agitation for Yoruba nation from next week. The leader of the organization, Prof Banji Akintoye, made this position clear in an interview with Saturday Sun.

When asked on the group’s next line of action following the release of detained Yoruba nation activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, from prison in Cotonou, Benin Republic, earlier in the week, Akintoye, who spoke through his Communication Secretary, Maxwell Adeleye, stated that the IOO would come out with a comprehensive statement on its next plan on Sunday (tomorrow).

But he did not mince words when he added that the agitation for self-determination would be pursued with vigorous energy. According to him, “It is a battle to be continued. We are proceeding with our agitation with all legal and intellectual property we have. Just wait till Monday for a new development.”

Asked for his advice for Igboho who has just been released, he responded: “Ighoho is a hero. Our advice is for him never to be

deterred in the struggle for self-determination for Yoruba nation. It is a just cause. A court of competent jurisdiction has said self-determination is legal. So, he should not be deterred in the struggle. Virtually, all patriots and freedom fighters in the world were once persecuted. He should keep hope alive and remain committed to the will of his people.”

On the health status of the activist, Adeleye stated that nobody would be confined, and not have his health status tampered with. He added: “There is nothing like freedom. Freedom is good. It is true Igboho was released on health ground. At present, he has been accessing medicare at a befitting health facility in Cotonou. I believe that he will be hale and hearty.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/igboho-agitation-for-yoruba-nation-resumes-next-week-akintoye/

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by LeoDeKing: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2022
Very apt and clearly focused.

This is how it is done in sane society. Use education, legal processes and diplomacy in pursuing your dreams.

The exact flip side of killing igwes, stealing onions and pots of soup, sitting at home and cannibalism as we have seen in Afghaneastern. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2022
hhhh start by asking all Yoruba candidates to drop their political ambition. And does in power to resign and return back to the yorubaland. then i will take what you are willing to do serious

12 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Lameyrite: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2022
Struggle continues....
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Greenback: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Very apt and clearly focused.

This is how it is done in sane society. Use education, legal processes and diplomacy in pursuing your dreams.

The exact flip side of killing igwes, stealing onions and pots of soup, sitting at home and cannibalism as we have seen in Afghaneastern. undecided
Good. We hope you and all your fellow bandwagon who were scoring cheap scores at the ipob when Igboho was released will stand by and support his agitation openly now and prove that you ain't just hypocrites.. grin

7 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Peterobiisathie(f): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2022
Jubril must make sure that Kanu is hanged before 2023
Beans is very costly now
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Ttalk: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2022
The believers of Yoruba Nation are resolute, it is a task that must be accomplished

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by LordIsaac(m): 10:43am On Mar 13, 2022
As it should be!
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by LeoDeKing: 10:47am On Mar 13, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
Jubril must make sure that Kanu is hanged before 2023
Beans is very costly now
First off, he is not JubriL but jubriN.

Secondly, Nigeria govt will keep Kanu in the zoo cage beyond 2023 as one of our tourist attractions.

Thirdly, akpu is cheaper than beans, we can switch.

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by IgweOfNnewi: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Coolsperm: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Hisbah21:
hhhh start by asking all Yoruba candidates to drop their political ambition. And does in power to resign and return back to the yorubaland. then i will take what you are willing to do serious
. I know you are a Yoruba Muslim but I never knew you have joined YMM (Yoruba Muslims miscreants), we the yorubas are no longer happy in Nigeria , pls let's stop this unity begining mentality and tell our self's the truth
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Peterobiisathie(f): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

First off, he is not JubriL but jubriN.

Secondly, Nigeria govt will keep Kanu in the zoo cage beyond 2023 as one of our tourist attractions.

Thirdly, akpu is cheaper than beans, we can switch.
LWKMD
cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Coolsperm:
. I know you are a Yoruba Muslim but I never knew you have joined YMM (Yoruba Muslims miscreants), we the yorubas are no longer happy in Nigeria , pls let's stop this unity begining mentality and tell our self's the truth

everyone is not happy about Nigeria. so we should continue to divide the country?.. and i'm not Yoruba
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Ttalk: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2022
Hisbah21:

everyone is not happy about Nigeria. so we should continue to divide the country?

If that would stop this carnage do be it
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Philistine(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Good one. I hope lagos state is not part of their proposed Oduduwa Rep. They should limit their agitation to Osun, oyo, Ekiti, ogun and Kwara state. Lagos state does not belong to Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Ttalk:

If that would stop this carnage do be it
and in ur opinion will it.?
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Philistine(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2022
Coolsperm:
Igbo man, kindly face your Alaigbo Rep.

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by LLiKYekoba: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2022
He should go and tell yoruba politicians in the national assembly to ask for seccession.

yorubas are politically monarchical, Oduduwa cannot happen without their politicians and traditional rulers in Abuja renouncing nigeria first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Hector09(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2022
But ur brother is vying for the presidential seat....tell if he wins we u guys continue this agitation....our problem is nepotism
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by BSsniffer: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2022
These guys should better chill..

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2022
They should be careful, 300,000 ipob terrorist just arrived Yoruba land, they have mission to disrupt Yoruba agitation, they will bring gun and dangerous weapon.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2022
BSsniffer:
These guys should better chill..

Ipob will still repeat what they did last time, kill someone and blame it on police
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Easternblood: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2022
Philistine:
Good one. I hope lagos state is not part of their proposed Oduduwa Rep. They should limit their agitation to Osun, oyo, Ekiti, ogun and Kwara state. Lagos state does not belong to Yorubas.
Dem dey mad to include Lagos grin cheesy grin grin I laugh in Babaginda

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Easternblood: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2022
SlyDev:
They should be careful, 300,000 ipob terrorist just arrived Yoruba land, they have mission to disrupt Yoruba agitation, they will bring gun and dangerous weapon.

Ewu, where did you get this info?
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by yanabasee(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
Igboho gaining my respect gradually.....
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Easternblood:
Ewu, where did you get this info?

Na one ashewo girl gist say her brother Emeka na IPOB, she con dey tell me all una secret grin

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by gistray: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2022

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2022
gistray:
Yoruba are great
okoro boy

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by gistray: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2022
SlyDev:

I love NnamDi Kanu

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2022
gistray:

I love Buhari

Not jubrin again
Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by gistray: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2022
SlyDev:

Up Biafraa

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Agitation For Yoruba Nation Resumes Next Week - Prof. Banji Akintoye by LeoDeKing: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
[s]
Philistine:
[/s]
Don't worry.

Lagos is capital of biafuro.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebele Obiano Dances In Public, Exchanges Handshakes With Chiefs (Photo, Video) / What's Peter OBI Legacy Project / BREAKING: CATHOLIC CHURCH Warn Tinubu Against Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.