Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,362 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:11 PM

Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis (12950 Views)

Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria / Revealed: See Six Potential Managers To Replace Conte At Chelsea / Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by ogbiwa: 6:29am On Mar 14, 2022
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel said he and his players have a responsibility to fight for everybody at the club after insisting he will stay at Chelsea at least "until the end of the season".

In their first home game since owner Roman Abramovich was sanctioned and disqualified as a director of the club, Chelsea snatched a dramatic late win over Newcastle.

On the same day Chelsea Women secured a stoppage-time win over Aston Villa, and boss Emma Hayes said she is not worried about the place of the women's team.

But technical advisor Petr Cech says the club is taking things "day by day" amid ongoing restrictions.

After Kai Havertz's 88th-minute winner at Stamford Bridge, Tuchel assured fans he would not leave them in the lurch.

He said: "There's no doubt I stay until the end of the season. We just have to wait day by day because everything can change.

"This result has a huge impact on us, to give this pleasure to our fans means a lot. It changes everything.

"We are aware how privileged we are. This is a huge club, we are in the focus, but we are very privileged.

"Hundreds of people in this club are not so privileged, maybe face a more existential threat and are more worried about their future than us.

"This gives us a responsibility to fight for them, keep their heads up high and not give in. This is what we can do and this is what they demand from us."

Speaking before Sunday's game, former goalkeeper Cech also expressed concerns for staff at the club whose livelihoods are at risk with the future looking uncertain.

He said: "We have a lot of questions but not many answers.

"We hope the people working for the club will be able to get their salaries and live their lives, and hopefully work. But this is a difficult question for me to answer as I don't know what the licence will be like in days.

"That's why conversations are going on. We would like to know how we operate and what we can do with the team going forward. Without these answers, it's difficult to plan. We go day by day and we need to do it this way at the moment."

Chelsea's credit card facilities have been temporarily suspended while banks assess the implications of sanctions imposed on Abramovich, but the club has been given a special licence to operate despite the Russian billionaire's assets being frozen.

'Everybody is against us right now'
With uncertainty surrounding all aspects of the club, boss Emma Hayes says she isn't worried that the women's team will be overlooked.

She said: "I know our place within that club, I know our importance. I don't want any of us to be punished or vilified. At the end of the day Chelsea football club is important to the football community.

"I'm not worried about us, we're a valuable asset to the football club and I know that internally and I don't expect that to change.

"We have to stick together. Everybody is against us right now. And that is giving us strength; everybody contributed to that win today."

'There will come a time when people need to embrace change'
Former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The concern is for the future of Chelsea and that is miles down the list to what is happening to the people of Ukraine.

"I have a feeling Chelsea will survive well but not in the shape it has been for 19 years. Maybe a year down the line Chelsea will be a little bit happier, maybe not winning as many trophies, but maybe a little bit happier.

"I said the league cup final might be the last time I ever see Chelsea in a major final.

"Instead of fearing change, there will come a time when people need to embrace it. The hope for Chelsea fans is to get it done as quickly as possible.

"The reason why clubs fold is always the same: cashflow. That is Chelsea's biggest fear - that needs to get sorted out. Everything else will get sorted out in the end."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60730591

2 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by ArchiLimited: 6:30am On Mar 14, 2022
It's amazing how Chelsea are suffering for a war they had no hand in. See how one man's ambition can change the entire world. Putin should be named the most influential man in the world, not all those celebrities. This is real influence, albeit bad influence but influence na influence.

Contact for your top level Architectural drawings and professional Building construction or remodeling, at all levels. Contact via signature below to see previous samples

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by nony43(m): 6:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Chelsea are really performing even with the whole crisis’ surrounding Abram.

22 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by PALAPALA02(m): 6:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Tuchel, na man u be.

Some coaches might probably not have been able to handle the situations as good as Tuchel has done so far. I hope he continues same way and keep the boys motivated for the game we all love (football) and distracted from the ukraine war news

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Wonk(m): 6:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Good one
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 14, 2022
The End of Agbero FC

9 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by CSTRR: 7:00am On Mar 14, 2022
That is all he can promise for now.

Until the New owners come in and give assurances.

Until then, nothing is certain beyond this season.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2022
kiss
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Ogbodavies(m): 7:01am On Mar 14, 2022
@ least noise 4 street go reduce DRASTICALLY...

5 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by CSTRR: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2022
nony43:
Chelsea are really performing even with the whole crisis’ surrounding Abram.
Champions of Europe.
We know who we are.

10 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by mayormick(m): 7:02am On Mar 14, 2022
No matter the change in ownership, Tuchel should be the priority for any new owner that might come in. He must stay ni o�

8 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by simabastin: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2022
You did well during your era!
You will always be remembered!
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Sunnybabe(m): 7:02am On Mar 14, 2022
Las las we go win

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by funshow21: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2022
Chelsea is still the team to beat...UK and US are the problem of the world..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by princeogbeide1(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2022
ArchiLimited:
It's amazing how Chelsea are suffering for a war they had no hand in. See how one man's ambition can change the entire world. Putin should be named the most influential man in the world, not all those celebrities. This is real influence, albeit bad influence but influence na influence

Do you know the meaning of influence?

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by bankyblue(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2022
Tuchel for 2023

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by visijo(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2022
If it's not leading to marriage, it's leading to breakup �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Nahunger(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2022
angry
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 7:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok..
Eye Ile ko ni bo nile je, bo nile mu ko di ojo iku ko yeri..
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by tillaman(m): 7:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Mehn they don’t have to do all these shit to Chelsea they ought to let Abramovich do his thing
Forget about Russia and Ukraine brouhaha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Omoiyasly(m): 7:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Uk is one of the greatest scam country in the world am not supporting wot russia is doing to Ukraine oo but what business does chelsea fc have to do with the ongoing war if not the fact that they just want to steal roman abramovich money

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by MaestroID(m): 7:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Impressive...
Regardless of the set backs, they keep pushing for greatness. That's a life lesson right there... Never Give Up

5 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by hkunle71(m): 7:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Though I'm a united fan but I still think European leaders shouldn't have taken the matter to this extent. I love blues football but will only die for red devils. What I'm saying is... Whatever goes around still comes around.

4 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Ezehillary(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2022
A
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by dammywapes(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2022
I b man utd fan buh d hatred for chelsea n d owner too much. I remember when chelsea won d champions league d official premiership page on twitter refused to congratulate chelsea. Nor b today dem no like Abramovich himself know.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by EdgarBounce(m): 7:07am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by ArchiLimited: 7:08am On Mar 14, 2022
princeogbeide1:

Do you know the meaning of influence?

Satisfied?

6 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by dammywapes(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2022
Fifa suppose don caution uefa nor to bring politics into football but no dem carry eyes throw way i wan see how dem go play world cup without russia cos Putin don sound warning to them
hkunle71:
Though I'm a united fan but I still think European leaders shouldn't have taken the matter to this extent. I love blues football but will only die for red devils. What I'm saying is... Whatever goes around still comes around.

5 Likes

Re: Tuchel Promises To Stay At Chelsea "Atleast Until End Of Season" Amidst Crisis by Chukwumajr(m): 7:10am On Mar 14, 2022
ArchiLimited:
It's amazing how Chelsea are suffering for a war they had no hand in. See how one man's ambition can change the entire world. Putin should be named the most influential man in the world, not all those celebrities. This is real influence, albeit bad influence but influence na influence
negative influencialty have no value

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October / Mo Salah Left Out Of Egypt's World Cup Opener Against Uruguay / NPFL Draw For 2022/23 Season Concluded, Matches Returns To Live Television

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.