Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,761 members, 7,930,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run (266 Views)

Ikpeazu: My Deputy Did Not Inform Me Of His Intention To Succeed Me / 2023: Amosun Informs Senate Of His Intention To Declare For President May 5 / Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run by Mazulu: 8:30am On Mar 14, 2022
Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, has reacted to the rumoured news that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has informed his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari of his purported intention to join the presidential race in 2023.

Earlier, there was report that the VP purportedly told President Buhari of his desire to take over from him at the expiration of his tenure in 2023 to consolidate the achievements they recorded since they took over from the opposition PDP in 2015.

“Certainly, VP Osinbajo has told the president that he wants to succeed him.

“The vice president had first consulted some prominent Nigerians who encouraged him to vie for the presidency and they also encouraged him to tell the president himself

“They told him not to allow a third party to tell the president so that the ambition will not be misconstrued,” sources told Daily Trust in separate interviews.

However, Mr Laolu in an exclusive with Quest Times Monday, said, “Activities of the VP would be communicated officially. All of these issues would become clear soon. Watch out”.

Though Osinbajo is yet to declare his intention to run for the office of president in 2023, many support groups and individuals have sprung up rooting for him.

The groups have been going round the country and sponsoring adverts in print and broadcast media urging the vice president to contest

Source: https://www.thequesttimes.com/2023-osinbajos-spokesperson-speaks-on-rumoured-presidential-ambition/

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run by Xscape1993(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2022
Congratulations to him!
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run by Totilopussylick(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2022
S
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Notifies Buhari Of His Intention To Run by springer: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2022
Fear Lawyers in Politics.
OSINBAJO needs a very Strong Core-Northern Ally as VP. PYO will win major votes in South-West, South-East, and 50% or above in South-South depending on performane of APC Governors. PYO & APC with the influence and performance of APC Governors in the North- East, North-Central, and APC/PMB/Performance of APC Governors in the North-West, Now with a Very Strong Vice President from the North East/North West plus strong National Campaigns and Massive Mobilization of Nigerian Christains especially in the North-East and RCCG Nationawide which have almost ten million registered voters who are going to vote base on religious sentiments.

I see Nigeria going back to square one if PDP fail to Present a Very Strong Candidate from any Zone wherever APC is picking it's Candidate from. Sentimentally, if Easterners fail to get Presidential ticket from the both PDP and APC then they may prefer OSINBAJO to any other Candidate and definitely not Bola Tinubu.
As for me, I am tired of both Parties because they both have same people as thier members decamping from white to black and black to white. I am tired of the whole system, same people, same results, failed Country, failed Government, failed leaders, and with docile Citizens. If those guys say " my fellow Nigerians" today, masses will hit the street in jubilation. Nigeria leaders are heartless.

For our Politics and democracy to grow, judgement of the court on decamping called jumpology in Nigeria must stand.

With Love from Western-Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

King Dr. Saheed Osupa - Zoom Off | Live Band Performance / We'll Dislodge Gov. Makinde-led PDP In 2023 - Oyo APC Chair, Omodewu Vows / Az And The Nigerian Alliance Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.