Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,374 members, 7,978,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:25 PM

A Voice From Biafra; There Is A Country. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Voice From Biafra; There Is A Country. (261 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / Review Of Chinua Achebe's "There Was A Country" / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Voice From Biafra; There Is A Country. by WonderMinistrys: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
From the President,Wonder Ministries International.

A Voice from Biafra;
THERE IS A COUNTRY.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
My name is Cozy Mario. I was born a nigerian,from the Igbo tribe. A genuine christian,born exactly 25 years after the civil war. My birth name is Ozioko Chikelunwa,an Nsukka name,a town in the heart of Igbo land,the coal city state,Enugu. So I was born and bred in Igbo land,among the Igbos,a hardworking,heartwarming,merry people.

The first time I saw a biafran flag was on a day among my very young days,in the early years of the 21st century. I was in primary school then,likely grade four. I was in a car with my parents and the dusty little flag was braced unto an electric wire which crossed the road from pole to pole. We drove through and I found myself gazing up at it as we crossed. I was in the back seat,so I turned back to gaze as it got smaller in the distance. "What was that?",I asked in my mind. I didn't know but that thing seemed like 'danger!'. From that piece of cloth I felt some sort of 'a revived strength',a solidarity,an army,a troop. "What was that?" I even began thinking of the Bakassi group,those people who will slash off your head in cold blood once their matchets turned red in contact with your skin. My parents began talking about that dusty piece of cloth. I didn't understand what they were saying but from the tone in their voices,I sensed danger,and some form of repressive fear. "What was that?" It vanished out of sight.

Few years passed and later on,as a young teen,I began my studies on the Nigeria-Biafra war. Not only the civil war but also the history of Nigeria and how we came to be what we are and how we are today. At this period,a resentment towards the Hausa was borne. I disliked them and I disliked the Islamic religion which seemed to me like a blood-shedding pagan affair. The only hausas I knew were the cobblers and ornament sellers who settled in my area; mostly dark,skinny,little,seemingly dirty individuals.

I hated these people but I never really felt the urge to kill. I never felt the urge to harm any. It was not in me to do so,it was not in my religion either. I encountered God profoundly at the young age of eleven and I've always known that violent and unnecessary bloodshed was never a part of Him. So it baffles me when I think of how simple it was for the hausas to slay people. In one way or the other,I was grateful that I had people that will repair my shoes and flip-flops whenever they got broken. I was grateful that I could,from the comfort of my window,scream out "aboki!",and whomever it was would follow the direction of the voice and show up for service. My people won't do that. The hausas I knew perfected the art of sitting outside their houses all day. With everything I saw and knew about the hausas,I simply saw my superiority over them. It was just natural,it was proved beyond all reasonable doubts,my sense of reasoning and theirs,my character and theirs,my accent and theirs,it wasn't hard to see;...my people are much more superior than these people. My heart has always felt a gratitude towards God for that.

Adolescent years came,leading up to the late teens. I've been the type that always seek for that brighter,bigger,funnier side of life. So in 2012,I began a new walk with God. Being in a close communion and relationship with Him,I also began profound studies on Biafra and the history of the Igbo people,this people of mine,and this person I am.

I learnt that the Igbos were a remnant of Israel,descendants of Eri,who was the son of Gad,and Gad the son of Jacob(who is renamed Israel,the one who has power with God and with men(Genesis32:28). I did a quick reading from peoples books before I delved in fully into the bible to get answers for myself,directly from the Creator,Himself.

There is no race or tribe in the world that doesn't have their ancestral genealogy documented in the bible. They are all there and everybody can trace theirs. Everything I learnt about this won't be contained in this write-up because 'tis just a little summary. In due time,a book would be out for everyone,a detailed book with explanations well broken down. So for now,know this;

IGBO HISTORY(ISRAEL-BIAFRA)
Jacob(Israel) worked for his uncle Laban for seven years and was given Leah for a wife instead of Rachel whom he loved. He worked an extra seven years and got Rachel too. Rachels womb came blocked because of Jacobs partial love towards her and Leah bare four sons;Reuben,Simeon,Levi and Judah. Rachel,seeing that her sister was fruitful and she wasn't,became kinda frustrated. She gave Jacob her maid,Bilhah. Bilhah bore two sons,Dan and Naphtali. Leah,seeing that her sister was already climbing the ladder through Bilhah,brought her own maid Zilpah and gave to Jacob. Of course Jacob went into her and the maid bore a son. That was when Leah gave a prophecy,she said "A troop comes" and she called his name,Gad.(Genesis30:11).

Other sons came and they all later moved to Egypt. This generation died in Egypt and their children multiplied. So know this too,before Jacob died,he gave a prophecy to his son Gad,he said, "Gad,a troop shall overcome him:but he shall overcome at the last. Out of Asher(Egypt) his bread shall be fat,and he shall yield royal dainties."(Genesis49:19,20)(FastForward)

Everything happening now has happened before. Moses was sent to Egypt to deliver the Israelites and Pharoah hardened his heart,igniting more pain on the people;more brutalization,more deaths. Well he let them go after God sent the plagues,but he still pursued after them to the Red Sea where his chariots were drowned. Moses led the people to a preparatory extent and died without taking them into the promised land. By then,the mantle had already been transferred to Joshua who strategised carefully and led them into the land of Canaan. Before then,take a look at what the Gad dynasty has become.(Numbers26:15-18) The Igbos remain the Erites.

The Gadites never crossed the Jordan River to the land of Canaan. They were business-minded people who had multitudes of cattle and other livestock. They saw that the land of Gilead and Jazer was good for their business so they went to Moses to reason with him over this matter. Their wives and kids stayed back in Gilead together with the Reubenite wives and kids. Only the men crossed the river to go to war with the rest of Israel and help them possess the land of Canaan. They will be back when the deed is done. Thus,the Gadites stayed in the EAST and that was the first seperation between the Igbos and the rest of Israel.(Numbers32)(Joshua1:11-16) Before Moses died,he gave a prophecy: "And he said,Blessed be he that enlarged Gad;he dwells as a lion,and tears the arm with the crown of the head. And he provided the first part for himself,because there,in a portion of the lawgiver,was he seated;and he came with the heads of the people,he executed the justice of the Lord,and His judgements with Israel."(Deutoronomy33:20,21)

To keep reading, please visit this link;

https://www.facebook.com/277404802434262/posts/518195065021900/?app=fbl

(1) (Reply)

Call For Entries: African Human Rights Short Story Prize / Ebook Writer / Owo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.