Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors (488 Views)

Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Scam Alert Please Avoid This Bitcoin Seller So You Dont End Up Being Scammed / Perfect Logistics Company For Instagram Vendors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Parmzhelp: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2022
Shopping on social media is increasingly becoming popular. Instagram and Twitter are the new hotspots overtaking e-commerce platforms like Jumia and Konga. From beaut products to thrift clothing, furniture, hangout experiences and much more, you will find vendors on social media.

However, last year alone, identified scam cases tracked on Instagram by Nigerian buyers totalled N273,235,485. Unsatisfied transactions “what I ordered vs what I got” amounted to N84,399,140.

While a lot of Instagram vendors are honest and trustworthy, a few dishonest people have decided to take advantage of people’s trust and illicit fraudulent transactions. Here are 5 tips to avoid being scammed by Instagram vendors.

1.Check how old the account is
Scroll to the first post and check the date it was posted. Most scammers don’t have the patience to build an account over a long period of time for the purpose of scamming. The drawback to this is that legit businesses who are just starting out may be suspected too. Check other tips below to confirm.

2. Check comments on posts.
A major red flag is seeing several posts without any enquiry comment. This means a lack of activity. An active vendor will have interaction with potential buyers in the comment section. The comments also confirm activity. They could be questions about delayed deliveries, asking for the price or general negotiations. Illicit vendors delete comments from people they've scammed before.

3. Check for customer reviews.
Legitimate vendors will post reviews from previous customers. If you don’t see any reviews then you should be careful. fake vendors also create reviews so be careful. If anything seems off, don’t buy from them.

4. Reachout to followers.
Take out some time to message some followers of the account to ask if they've done business with the vendor. This may not be ideal because most accounts have followers who haven’t bought from them yet. But you may get some info when you get responses from these followers.

5. Use an escrow service.
Escrow services let you pay for the product but hold your funds until you’re received your order. Your money will be refunded if you don’t receive your order. Escrow services give the vendor the confidence that you’ve made the payment but it also protects you from scams as the customer. A reliable escrow service is SafeMono.com. They release funds to the vendor 12 hours after your order has been fulfilled or refund you if you didn’t get your order.

Attached is a data of scam from Instagram transactions.

https://kleinuduh.medium.com/5-tips-to-avoid-being-scammed-by-fake-instagram-vendors-81dfcf369369

Re: 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Alaefulu(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Noce, how those tbeiz safemono.com work plz
Re: 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Parmzhelp: 11:44am On Mar 15, 2022
Alaefulu:
Noce, how those tbeiz safemono.com work plz

It's pretty simple. On the website, sign up, create a contract as a client, input the details of what you're paying for, fund it and the receiver will accept. As soon as delivery is done to you, the cash will be deposited to the buyer. If they buyer doesn't fulfill, the cash will be refunded to you.
Re: 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Speak2klein: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2022
I'm surprised people haven't heard of SafeMono. Been using this for a while now for my online payments from vendors.
Re: 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Alaefulu(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
But his will dey know if the seller does nor deliver the goods to me,
Parmzhelp:

It's pretty simple. On the website, sign up, create a contract as a client, input the details of what you're paying for, fund it and the receiver will accept. As soon as delivery is done to you, the cash will be deposited to the buyer. If they buyer doesn't fulfill, the cash will be refunded to you.
Re: 5 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Instagram Vendors by Parmzhelp: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
They will notify you that the seller has delivered. You can dispute if you've not gotten the delivery and they will not pay the seller until the dispute is resolved.

(1) (Reply)

My Youtube Account Is Now MONETIZED! / AT LAST Steal My Secret Of How I Make Over 100k Online Doing This Business / Boost Your Market. Earn In Dollars. Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.