Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,722 members, 7,879,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? (8220 Views)

7 Things Nigerian Ladies Do If They Dont Like You / Can A Relationship Work When We Have Different Backgrounds / Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by vitus101: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2011
Why e no go work, make you date the guy first na befor you go conclude say you n am no dey compa compati (abeg i no fit finish the grammar), e dey clear say you gbadun the guy, so enter the place but make sure say you no carry belle, make you tear race if the guy no pay you,
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by slimyem: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2011
@op, that's the real reason for relationships-forming bonds with similarities and finding compromise in differences.
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by joe4christ(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
hmmmmm!
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by ginky: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2011
Thanks guys. cool She would be happy to know that there is hope
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
ginky:

Thanks guys. cool She would be happy to know that there is hope
mba, there is no hope o embarassed well for me cry
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Angelaoke: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2011
d same thing is also heppening to me pls help me too
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Gbenge77(m): 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2011
Orikinla:

Majority of Nigerian couples are strange bedfellows.
really?
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by MsPotato(f): 1:27am On Jul 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Yes I agree

Ronkebp is married, I am single and yet it would work between us.

Kandikaane is albino, I am dark yet it is working

MsPotato is a Yeye fowl, I am Dayokanu yet it is working

Upendo likes to talk, I am all round action yet its working.

Babe is studying "MELESIN" and I sell spare part yet it is working

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 02, 2011
she said we are done, cause we are diff sad sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
see my life,
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by pleep(m): 4:21am On Jul 02, 2011
Yea having things in common is very important.
If you get with someone unlike yourself the relationship is exciting but short, but if you get with someone you have alot in common with the relationship is slower but more fuffiling IMO. Haha for me we must have similar taste in music, which is not too hard because I like the best of everything.
And she must love to cook cuz I would enjoy cooking with my wife grin
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by MsPotato(f): 4:24am On Jul 02, 2011
pleep:

Yea having things in common is very important.
If you get with someone unlike yourself the relationship is exciting but short, but if you get with someone you have alot in common with the relationship is slower but more fuffiling IMO.
Haha for me we must have similar taste in music, which is not too hard because I like the best of everything.
And she must love to cook cuz I would enjoy cooking with my wife grin

Than how do u explain my relationship? Unless maybe you think 4 years is too short? shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by kcjazz(m): 5:24am On Jul 02, 2011
Differences based on what?
No two people are the same. The key is your values not lifestyle. If you share the same values, then lifestyle difference does not matter.
Picture this, can the Pope marry a terrorist? They could love soccer, cartoons, rice etc but that holds no water because of their values, one is peaceful, the other is violent.

In matters of values be firm, in matters of lifestyle be flexible.
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 02, 2011
I have heard that having a lot in common is a most common mistake that many people make for going into a relationship.
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by pepperoni(f): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2011
@topic. Yes it can at times, cos even d things u have in common with ur partner maybe wat would seperate u both!!! #talkingfromexperience
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by denny4ril: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2011
Opposite attracts they say. If two partners are exactly the same, the relationship will be boring. on the other hand, that is not to say there cannot be individual differences that can be resolved, it is the approach that matters. Afterall, relationship is for the matured
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by MSBOOBS: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
I love my boobs sucked well before sex, he does'nt even like boobs
I love my boobs bleeped, he hates it, so wat do i do? n i lv him
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by pleep(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Than how do u explain my relationship? Unless maybe you think 4 years is too short? shocked lipsrsealed
you guys Cant have nothing in common? What do you talk about ? tongue
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by 190: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
myself and goldielucks didnt have anything in common for 12years but we constantly shared s[i]e[/i]x today we happily se[i]x[/i] bonded angry angry
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by pleep(m): 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
^^ 12 years of sex? 190 that means you started fuggin when your where a baby. undecided
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by MsPotato(f): 2:24am On Jul 03, 2011
pleep:

you guys Cant have nothing in common? What do you talk about ? tongue

Everything and anything. We talk about our differences too. Before I dated him, he was my nest friend. We didnt have anythng in common but we accommodate ach others needs all the time
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by cuteonyii(m): 2:53am On Jul 04, 2011
the success of any relationship is not how much they have in common, but how much they work out things that they do not have in common,
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 04, 2011
I've been moving around from Hackney to North America with girl friend who I sometimes call fiancee when she does something I like lol and we barely have anything in common but how does it work? Compromise!!

I might be too young to educate some broken hearts here cause I've only had one girl but the truth is, I'll rather not grow up in land of cardiac slaughter!!!

I hate pork products; she doesn't mind them but we barely eat pork. She hates Canada but I studied in UBC b4 we moved back south the border.

My fav show is how I met your mother but she hates barney stinson, She is homophobic, my best friend is a lady-loving-lady.

I hate eating fish cause of my personal tribute to Goddess of the sea (Iyemoja), she loves roasted fish.

She likes walking, I like skating or cycling.

She likes flying, I like roadtrips,

She is contempt with being broke; I can't afford to be cause I'm my sole sponsor,

I like going out with friends alone; she likes doing so with me and friends (I let her come still),

it doesn't matter who you are; the person for you may not be your clone! I LOVE HER JOR and miss her oo she's visiting parents in London,

You just have to swallow your damn pride and know when the other person really need you not to judge them. Compromise!!!!!
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by dayotheone(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
it wont work, and it can never work, there can not be a relationship between cat and rat"it's impossible"
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by dayotheone(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
the topic says , where they dont have alot in common
like 80 or 90% out of 100 that means the relationship cant work , for
a relationship to work , they must have 50-60% in common which is
even fair enough
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by ginky: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
Once again, thanks y'all for your replies. Atleast, its good to know that any relationship can work depending on the people involved. Anyway, the two of them will have to settle some issues because there are some things that one of them likes that irritates the other. That's even the main reason for my friends concern.
           Earlier on, someone said that no 2 individuals are the same and we all must be different in one way or the other. There is no doubt that I completely agree with that but thats not the issue. Personally, I see the case as a very different and perculiar one. I feel that even if 2 couples are different, they should not be "TOO" different up to the point that they feel out of place with themselves.
         Anyway, thanks again.
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by missojugo(f): 9:23am On Jul 08, 2014
ginky: I have been having this argument with some friends for sometime now. The thing is that I have a close friend who this topic relates to. She likes the guy and so does he. Her concern is that if they should start going out, the relationship would not last because they don't share alot in common. Infact, the day she revealed this to me, she had to think hard before getting out just 2 things they share in common.
Personally, I don't think the relationship would work but I dont know how to tell her. Please, I really want your wise replies on this matter and give your reasons for whatever your reply is.

Can you fry plantain with pure water?
Re: Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
ginky:
I have been having this argument with some friends for sometime now. The thing is that I have a close friend who this topic relates to. She likes the guy and so does he. Her concern is that if they should start going out, the relationship would not last because they don't share alot in common. Infact, the day she revealed this to me, she had to think hard before getting out just 2 things they share in common.
Personally, I don't think the relationship would work but I dont know how to tell her. Please, I really want your wise replies on this matter and give your reasons for whatever your reply is.
\\\

it dont matter who a person is with
what matters is why they are together and the foundation upon which they are standing

in most cases like charges repel
its the opposite that comes together

if ''they'' want they'll walk on waters

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When A Man Chooses A Woman (his Wife) Over His Own Family / 45 Things A Girl Want, But won't Ask For / Billionaire Offers $65M To Any Man Who Can Win The Heart Of His Lesbian Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.