Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,437 members, 7,901,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates (15667 Views)

Reps Urge Tinubu To Sign DICON, Armed Forces Trust Fund Bills Into Law / Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg / NPA Looting: Reps Urge EFCC To Investigate Hadiza Bala Usman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Trackstar: 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
dinakia:

Please sir check your post again I am not who or what you just quoted. please rectify it.
dey whine yourself
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by mosagbo: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2022
It's a good idea, but I may not support it unless there's strong strategies to checkmate the activities of some lecturers and exams officers in some schools that dull out marks in exchange of money these days. Some students have device means of buying thier ways out on campuses because of currupt lecturers and exams officers. Moreso, the way some affiliate schools and the so called satellite campuses turn education sector to business venture now, makes the value of first class not really worth it. One can meet first class graduate that cannot express himself grammatically and also in his discipline or field of study and you ask to be given automatic employment. While some 3rd class graduates read hard, burn candles and do TDB because of the kind of department and some integrity lecturers they have in the department which cannot be bribed will be far better than the so called 1st class graduates of some schools will not be given automatic employment.
My suggestion is, attention should be taken away from paper or certificate and let's dwell more on what the individual can deliver.

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Demigod22: 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
After all my efforts to graduate with first class that year, my school knack me with 4.47. I was disappointed and sad until a friend consistently told me that I am a great person and I will go far in life irrespective of the grade. Since then I realized that I can actually achieve greater things irrespective of not meeting my target point.

Since that day whenever I meet my HOD, I don't even care because that thing pain me. 4.47, haba.

It's good to motivate students with step like this.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Henryoung009: 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
This is a welcome development. A brilliant idea from a brilliant Law Makers, I must say.

It will help to retain our best brains. The nation is bleeding because our first eleven always take flight before the game begins.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by mosagbo: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
It's a good idea, but I may not support it unless there's strong strategies to checkmate the activities of some lecturers and exams officers in some schools that dull out marks in exchange of money these days. Some students have device means of buying thier ways out on campuses because of currupt lecturers and exams officers. Moreso, the way some affiliate schools and the so called satellite campuses turn education sector to business venture now, makes the value of first class not really worth it. One can meet first class graduate that cannot express himself grammatically and also in his discipline or field of study and you ask to be given automatic employment. While some 3rd class graduates read hard, burn candles and do TDB because of the kind of department and some integrity lecturers they have in the department which cannot be bribed will be far better than the so called 1st class graduates of some schools will not be given automatic employment.
My suggestion is, attention should be taken away from paper or certificate and let's dwell more on what the individual can deliver.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by bluefilm: 10:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
That's bullshit_

Entrepreneurship should be encouraged over slavery disguised as White collar jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Prettypearl021(f): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
Them plenty oo...
I know a sound mechanical engineering graduate still looking for jobs because he wants to work first based on his family background.
Very unlucky fellow.
Viraltrends123:
Is there even any first class looking for job

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Hezmatosky: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2022
Fooooooooooools! Na first class sabi pass? Abi Na only them go school? Abi them pay different tuition? Instead of you to move for automatic employment for all graduates sad How many first class do we use to have from public universities compare to private schools? Abi what are you trying to tell me?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Jaapu: 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
ImoleNaija:

This would really encourage many students to put more efforts into their studies.

First-class has paved ways (of career paths) for many; bruising the teeth of their village people.

If it's worth doing, it is worth doing well. For the undergraduates, study to make first-class & accept whatever you end up making in good faith.

@bolded, I think Polytechnics have outlived their usefulness. Why not scrap Polytechnic education in Naija?

You are just making noise everywhere and disturbing the forum.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Jaapu: 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
I move the motion for automatic ticket for first class graduate to contest elections in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by hosemujica: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Psalmistproject:
Which kine idiotic bill be dat.
As a first class holder, you should have the ability to create jobs.
They should mandate CBN to support first class holders with sufficient funds to establish businesses.
So na business wey 3rd class holders and illiterates establish, you want to force unproductive 1st class holders to work in?
The only thing they will bring to the table in that job is bragging right.
grin
You are a critical thinker, but unfortunately all these bunch of group thinkers (who does not know that private sector create jobs and not government) will soon come for your head.

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Nestech: 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
Unizik promised automatic employment to its 49 graduates in 2018/19. Unfortunately the VC is yet to fulfill his promise.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by ImoleNaija: 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2022
Jaapu:

You are just making noise everywhere and disturbing the forum.

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
My 21 years nephew was a first class graduate from university of Ilorin he studied biochemistry..
Na only handshake them give am no job till now...
Useless country...
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
ImoleNaija:
@bolded, I think Polytechnics have outlived their usefulness. Why not scrap Polytechnic education in Naija?

Na mumus still dey seek admissions into Polytechnics these days. In this age, it should be 'University or nothing else' for the O'level holders, except you have interest in teaching, then you could consider College of Education.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Gainman: 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
2:2 of 20yrs ago is today's first class. 2:1 wey every people dey get easily. Yahoo boys with 2:1. Olosho with 2:1

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by LikeAking: 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
RUBBISH!

First class go flood evry where. No be Nigeria agian?
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by LikeAking: 11:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
Henryoung009:
This is a welcome development. A brilliant idea from a brilliant Law Makers, I must say.

It will help to retain our best brains. The nation is bleeding because our first eleven always take flight before the game begins.

Retian dem in poverty abi?
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by osazsky(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
The automatic jobs should be for First Class graduates from government schools and not from all these mushroom private universities
privates Schs are at liberty to employ them..that's y its private..off course it's for fg Schs and they are lecturing jobs only..dont go and submit ur first class degree in nnpc,nrdc,FIRS,,customs etc without connection those jobs have been kept for people who are still in secondary sch...its automatic lecturing job and its final which private schs can as well offer thier students..some private schs pay better but there are flaws in rules of disengagement,retirement ,pension etc
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by tete7000(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
Where the jobs? The ones they after stealing from national commonwealth.? Àwọn eleribu
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Ezicool9(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Is there even any first class looking for job
yes there are, plenty of them

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by clockwisereport: 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2022
Psalmistproject:
Which kine idiotic bill be dat.
As a first class holder, you should have the ability to create jobs.
They should mandate CBN to support first class holders with sufficient funds to establish businesses.
So na business wey 3rd class holders and illiterates establish, you want to force unproductive 1st class holders to work in?
The only thing they will bring to the table in that job is bragging right.
grin

You took the word right out of my mouth.

They will soon come for you.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by osazsky(m): 12:08am On Mar 17, 2022
Ezicool9:
yes there are, plenty of them
some even teach in sec sch..I know of one microbiologist...him brag die..and thier I too know...with his one shirt and one trouser..any small thing dont talk to me any how is it cuz I am teaching..I graduated first class .I nor blame u...etc ..I blame this stupid country bla bla bla untop 35k salary..anytime I drive pass him I always ensure I splash mod on him..there was a day he had to go back home to change his clothes.. I still value my 2.2 pass him own..he is not living well..and nerver wants to learn during arguement.. very irritating set of people
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Awesometouch1: 12:49am On Mar 17, 2022
That's right. Good jobs where they can impact positively in every area of your Naija.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Osilama1: 1:57am On Mar 17, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
The automatic jobs should be for First Class graduates from government schools and not from all these mushroom private universities
cos Ina don turn public school to suffer Head area besides what about those with second class upper cos auto job for ist class na still minority argument...
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by Osilama1: 2:01am On Mar 17, 2022
mosagbo:
My suggestion is, attention should be taken away from paper or certificate and let's dwell more on what the individual can deliver.[color=#990000][/color]
what has grammar got to do with ist class... The maths graduate from unn who got three PhD scholarship to United States after his story went viral had poor status in English... Some of u would be worse than ur sadistic lecturers if u get opportunity to handle students... Who grammar epp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by ModestGal(f): 3:22am On Mar 17, 2022
I wish anyone reading this congratulations. If you are still a student, never work towards getting a first class please, concentrate on how you can develop your innate skills and make money from it.
Don't be like me please, Nigeria will frustrate you and you will regret every it of your time wasted on working towards first class. I do not mean you should fail courses, but make school your 5th priority.
Yes, School is a scam especially Nigerian universities.
Some idiots will come and argue with me here, pointing to so and so, but in reality, anyone who become successful through schooling in Nigeria is out of luck, which means just 10% of people, and your chance of being part of the 10% is very slim. Meanwhile,if you concentrate on developing your innate abilities, you might end up a millionaire within a short time. A word is enough for the wise
And for those that love to read through my everystatement on nl, kindly keep your comment/advice to yourself bcx I do not care
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by sageb: 3:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Commendable act if signed to law.
Re: Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates by CSTRR: 4:15am On Mar 17, 2022
Instead of these clowns to encourage Less grade elitism, they are even trying to entrench it more.

Which type of useless human beings una elect for national assembly sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Again? / 'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / SERAP Wins Battle Forcing Lawan, Gbajabiamila To Publish Details Of Corruption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.