Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. (1187 Views)

BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / . / Carpentry And Joinery School In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by bubbllie(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2011
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Thursday said he had sent one of his children to a carpenter’s worshop to learn vocational skills.

He spoke during the maiden edition of Governor’s Education Award held in Lagos on Thursday.

One hundred and twenty six schools that distinguished themselves in the utilisation of the Lagos Eko Secondary Education Project (Eko Project) were rewarded with N2m each by the state government.

The Lagos Eko project is part of the government’s effort at improving the overall quality of education and learning outcomes of pupils in the 629 junior and senior public schools in the state over four years.

Fashola told the audience that he was surprised that his son could not fix a plug after six years of sound post-primary education.

“I called my son and asked him, what do you want to do now that you have finished your secondary education? He replied, ‘I want to do something with my hand.

“And I asked him, can you fix a plug? He said no. Then, I knew there was a problem and we (my wife and I) decided to send him to a carpenter’s workshop to acquire some skills,’’ the governor said.

Culled from The Punch Newspaper, Thursday 1st June 2011.
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by dani1luv: 8:37am On Jul 01, 2011
Dats my gomina!
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by Odunnu: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2011
Watch that boy, he'l go places!
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by bubbllie(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2011
Fellow Nairalanders, sorry about the date of the reference. It should be Friday 1st July, 2011. I tried modifying but it was locked.
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by Odunnu: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2011
Just post the complete link
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by AjanleKoko: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2011
This one will go in two different directions:

Most people will praise Fashola, and promptly forget all about the topic.
His enemies and cynics will denigrate the report, and put it down to some political grandstanding.

The two factions will battle each other for about 4-5 pages, until a newer, fresher battlefield emerges, maybe in the Politics section.
Nobody will get the point of this report, or the call to action.

Let's watch and see.
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by mikechrisgeneral(m): 12:00am On Jul 02, 2011
Can became a carpenter in future
Or 2moro now u go hear say d boy don b honourable senator, senate comitee on CARPENTRY Can became a carpenter in future
Or 2moro now u go hear say d boy don b honourable senator, senate comitee on CARPENTRY
Re: Fashola's Son To Study Carpentry. by khattab008: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2011
If d guy i mean his son is good wit it i think there is no problem wit it

(1) (Reply)

When Will Yabatech Putme Be Out / 2012/2013 Dli Application Form And Entry Tutor / #1M for Anyone Who Can Get Me Back Into Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.