Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,907 members, 7,922,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:22 PM

Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? (355 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Help! An Unwanted Pregnancy Is Ruining My Life. / Help Gambling Addiction!!! It's Ruining Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by Sopies: 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
I've been depressed since graduation due to lack of good job and the general situation of things in the country. I became a loner that can stay indoors for a week, my neighbors barely knew my name. I have a 30k work from home job so I hardly go out.

This changed when I met a beautiful damsel that illuminated my life, she brought laughter to my sad life. Any time spent with her was memorable, we would play around like kids while I laugh to the high heavens. The transformation was evident that my neighbors even noticed that I became lively, she was loved by all.

I used to wonder why she loved a broke ass like me despite the attention she was getting from rich dudes, sometime we even take garri yet she was happy. She even bought me a 17k football boot and would accompany me to the football field cheering my every touch on the ball even though she was the only lady around.

Then she traveled and couldn't cope with the distance, issues Crept in. I tried to resolve them to the best of my ability but she wanted a break. I had to preserve whatever I had left of my dignity and let go.

Now I've reclined back to my shell, I miss her badly. I didn't want to go back to my former miserable self, I've no issues attracting ladies but no one could make me happy. I turned to alcohol, I felt better each time I'm high. I would lock myself in my room, drink play music and dance away all my sorrows.

I now finish my work of 4 hours under 2 hours, code for a couple of hours, sleep, wake up, drink and dance. I feel happy this way, but I realized I hardly eat these days, the spirits make me lose appetite, I'm getting lean and unkempt. I went to my backyard today and counted the number of empty bottles I have there, I was shocked. I've even started buying on credit whereas I don't have food in my kitchen.

I know I'm harming my health, what can I do??

2 Likes

Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by godliman: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
You are depressed and seek comfort from buzz? There is no comfort in buzz but misery. I suggest you take one week fast and cry to God for mercy and help.

2 Likes

Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by thorpido(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
Why can't you reconcile with your lady?

You need to go out more.Find something to do outside the house.Pick up a hobby or volunteer somewhere.It's the best you can do to yourself.
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by superCleanworks(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sopies:

I hardly eat these days, the spirits make me lose appetite, I'm getting lean and unkempt. I went to my backyard today and counted the number of empty bottles I have there, I was shocked. I've even started buying on credit whereas I don't have food in my kitchen.

first ... leave cheap drinks alone. one of the main problems is that you have easy access to cheap drink of 2k. tell yourself that if you do not have 30k for a bottle then you will never buy or taste it. just tell yourself that you will never taste spirit if the drink is not hennessy, Jameson or St. Remy then see how your drinking will reduce 90% like magic.
2. keep a BIG BOTTLE of water around you all the time. challenge yourself to finish it. water will make you eat.
3. remind yourself that you have no money for kidney transplant.

now finally, let me show you a little trick, you can thank me later if you want.

say this out loud to yourself 100 times.
WHATEVER CONTROLS YOU CAN KILL YOU.
it will only take 5 minutes for you to say this to yourself 100 times.
if you do not complete it 100 times, that is the alcohol is still very important to you.
if you complete it, then alcohol will become a stranger to you.
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by HarunaWest(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sopies:
I've been depressed since graduation due to lack of good job and the general situation of things in the country. I became a loner that can stay indoors for a week, my neighbors barely knew my name. I have a 30k work from home job so I hardly go out.

This changed when I met a beautiful damsel that illuminated my life, she brought laughter to my sad life. Any time spent with her was memorable, we would play around like kids while I laugh to the high heavens. The transformation was evident that my neighbors even noticed that I became lively, she was loved by all.

I used to wonder why she loved a broke ass like me despite the attention she was getting from rich dudes, sometime we even take garri yet she was happy. She even bought me a 17k football boot and would accompany me to the football field cheering my every touch on the ball even though she was the only lady around.

Then she traveled and couldn't cope with the distance, issues Crept in. I tried to resolve them to the best of my ability but she wanted a break. I had to preserve whatever I had left of my dignity and let go.

Now I've reclined back to my shell, I miss her badly. I didn't want to go back to my former miserable self, I've no issues attracting ladies but no one could make me happy. I turned to alcohol, I felt better each time I'm high. I would lock myself in my room, drink play music and dance away all my sorrows.

I now finish my work of 4 hours under 2 hours, code for a couple of hours, sleep, wake up, drink and dance. I feel happy this way, but I realized I hardly eat these days, the spirits make me lose appetite, I'm getting lean and unkempt. I went to my backyard today and counted the number of empty bottles I have there, I was shocked. I've even started buying on credit whereas I don't have food in my kitchen.

Hahahh see the small things you are drinking and you are complaining. Come see wetin men dey down and we still feeling no remorse. Meanwhile drinking everyday is bad. It will damage your liver and kidney. You need companionship, it will take your mind of the liquor. You are bored, so your mind is roaming. If i were you, ask a working class lady out i.e the one you truly admire, no fear. You need a lady that will support your emotionally and sometimes financially till you meet your big break. Alcohol has never really killed boredom, it rather kills the liver. Try and make friends with neighbours, people around so you have someone to share ideas and talk to. Communication helps alot. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by capnies: 1:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
START ATTENDING CHURCH AND READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY, PRAY TO GOD FOR STRENGTH TO RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO DRINK.
STOP BUYING ALCOHOL FROM THIS MINUTE

TRY TO ATTEND ALL CHURCH PROGRAMMES WITHIN THE WEEK. THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL HELP YOU TO OVERCOME
GOD BLESS YOUR NEW STATE

1 Like

Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by Goldbw122(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
Change your addiction to something else something good like work and if you need drink change it to water drink water like you have never drink before I know it is hard but you will break the addiction of alcohol.. trust me..
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
Tasted it once n never liked it. Thank God.

Get another girlfriend.
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by sisisioge: 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
Awwww....your reaction to her exit reminds me of this song baron Neville. Love is beautiful o but making another human your heaven is dangerous. They could up and leave at anytime fa. Biko stop...just stop your fraternity with alcohol. It is worse than depending on another human. Pele.

Don’t Take Away My Heaven

Song by Aaron Neville

Oh, baby, I found heaven when I found you
And this heaven is somethin' I don't want to lose
I only know that if you ever said goodbye, I couldn't stand the pain
These eyes would cry, cry, cry like the rain
And the sun would have nowhere to shine
And the stars would all fall from the sky
Baby, please
Don't take away my heaven, oh, no
'Cause this world would stop turnin', I know
And I'd lose my whole world if you go
Baby, don't
Don't take away my heaven, oh, no
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
capnies:
START ATTENDING CHURCH AND READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY, PRAY TO GOD FOR STRENGTH TO RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO DRINK.
STOP BUYING ALCOHOL FROM THIS MINUTE
TRY TO ATTEND ALL CHURCH PROGRAMMES WITHIN THE WEEK. THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL HELP YOU TO OVERCOME
GOD BLESS YOUR NEW STATE
Since God is not against the drinking of Alcohol, what lie will your churches fill the OP'S head with to "heal" him of what actually ails him- depression? undecided
Re: Addiction To Alcohol Is Ruining Me, How Do I Break Free? by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sopies:

Why not go out and get necessary professional mental health counseling for your depression instead or looking for a cure deep in a bottle of alcohol or in a woman? undecided

(1) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here !!! / Domestic Abuse: Is A Woman Virtue Indeed Measured By Her Ability To Endure? / How Do You Celebrate Your Family, Spouse Or Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.