Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,756 members, 7,965,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:13 PM

Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell (659 Views)

Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Good morning everyone..

I'm an artist and being a student it has been kinda or hard finding buyers for my artworks and also getting commissions..

So I was planning to utilize this strike period to go to the busy markets and roadside of my city to try to sell my artworks there first hand..

But the thing is I don't know if it will sell and also I don't know the risk involved in doing such or what to expect

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by majamajic(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Go to mall entrance , beaches

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 7:47am On Mar 18, 2022
majamajic:
Go to mall entrance , beaches

Thanks boss I'll put that in mind..I stay in Benin city we don't really have any beaches...but we have a mall
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by MadamVanessa(f): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2022
shocked

The way people price artwork by the road side, you'll even think if you steal the materials you used in doing the work or was given to you free. People lack conscience especially in Nigeria. Nobody consider your creative mind to come out with such realistic drawing, nobody cares to think of the time, energy and resources put in the work.

As a girl I was, many people price my work reasonably , but I discovered that they did that mostly with a sinister motive, I pity most of my male artist friend, they complained bitterly of their poor sale, I sometimes help them sell most for them with reasonable amount.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by wenogodie2: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2022
If you honesty then I suggest you try fast selling products instead.

Art work is very slow in sales.
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The way people price artwork by the road side, you'll even think if you steal the materials you used in doing the work or was given to you free. People lack conscience especially in Nigeria. Nobody consider your creative mind to come out with such realistic drawing, nobody cares to think of the time, energy and resources put in the work.

As a girl I was, many people price my work reasonably , but I discovered that they did that mostly with a sinister motive, I pity most of my male artist friend, they complained bitterly of their poor sale, I sometimes help them sell most for them with reasonable amount.
Thank you ma,
So I guess that they actually sell,
Cuz I'm really afraid of standing on the road from dusk till Dawn with no one patronizing the work
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2022
wenogodie2:
If you honesty then I suggest you try fast selling products instead.

Art work is very slow in sales.
Yes I sell books already Sir and by Gods grace sales have been going fine..even if I don't have a book shop yet

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by matrixme(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2022
Firstly, your location depends. I don't think that people in Benin will be willing to pay a hefty price for artwork as much as lagosians or people in Abuja will do. What is the quality of your artwork though? Can you send some pictures for further advise
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2022
matrixme:
Firstly, your location depends. I don't think that people in Benin will be willing to pay a hefty price for artwork as much as lagosians or people in Abuja will do. What is the quality of your artwork though? Can you send some pictures for further advise
Okay sir I intend to sell my digitalized imaginative pieces..I can also do the normal commissioned but I feel this is already too common that's why I wanted to focus on my imaginative pieces

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2022
All are mostly drawn from imagination..except for a few of famous people

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 11:50am On Mar 18, 2022
Mods pls push to frontpage..

Most post about art rarely ever get to front page..it's not good..we part of Nairaland too..

@Lalasticlala
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by matrixme(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Emperordynasty:

Okay sir I intend to sell my digitalized imaginative pieces..I can also do the normal commissioned but I feel this is already too common that's why I wanted to focus on my imaginative pieces
These are nice, but in all honesty, you wouldn't be able to sell these fast to people anywhere in Nigeria. The kinds of artworks Nigerians love are very colourful and emotional types, that pass a message easily upon gazing. These imaginative pieces won't apeal to many people. Just an honest advise.

2 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
matrixme:

These are nice, but in all honesty, you wouldn't be able to sell these fast to people anywhere in Nigeria. The kinds of artworks Nigerians love are very colourful and emotional types, that pass a message easily upon gazing. These imaginative pieces won't apeal to many people. Just an honest advise.
I see
Thank you sir I appreciate
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Elliotwealth1(m): 6:31am On Mar 20, 2022
Hello Sir, Good morning
Pls if I may ask, how do you sell the books?
Do you sell them online or offline?
Re: Have U Ever Sold Artworks At The Roadside..does It Sell by Emperordynasty: 12:07am On Mar 25, 2022
Elliotwealth1:
Hello Sir, Good morning
Pls if I may ask, how do you sell the books?
Do you sell them online or offline?
I post them online (on Whatsapp)and also sell physically to people

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Join Our Free Amazon KDP Training / How To Download The Renmoney Loan App & Collect Loans !! / How You Can Use Your Smart Phone To Upload Pdf On Amazon And Get Paid For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.