Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,499 members, 7,951,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know (241 Views)

Difference Between Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic / For Beginners: 5 Top Ways To Generate Organic Traffic To Your Website / 10 Powerful Headlines To Drive Targeted Organic Traffic To Your Website (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know by MartSavvy: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
You might have heard that direct traffic is gotten by a direct click of a website's URL, while organic traffic is when you find the link somewhere else. It is easy and tempting to believe the literal definitions of direct traffic and organic traffic. If you are guessing their definitions based on the literal meaning of their words, you aren't particularly wrong. That was the standard of their definitions at a specific time. However, it doesn't seem to explain anything tangible that is a necessary detail that you must know about both of them.

Organic traffic is earned and not paid. It is gotten from the traffic recorders from search engines. Direct traffic, on the other hand, is the traffic getting from a referring website.You might have been accustomed to the thought that direct traffic is only gotten when visitors manually type in a URL into the web browser. It is more than that, and there is much more to it that you will be excited to learn about. If you wouldn't mind learning more about this, this article is for you. Let's dig together: Happy learning!

Types Of Traffic
To explain better the concept of organic traffic and direct traffic, you need to initially know about the different types of website traffic their classification by tools like google analytics and HubSpot. Website analytics tools will help you classify the different sources of your traffic into the following types.

1. Direct Traffic: as we mentioned, direct traffic is categorized as traffic that does not come from a referring website. If traffic comes from an unknown source, it will likely be categorized as direct traffic.

2. Organic Traffic: organic traffic is the traffic gotten when your website is accessed through a search engine. This type of traffic isn't paid for, and they are borne out of SEO effects and any inbound marketing put in place.

Click Here To Continue Reading
Re: Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know by letitrainnow(m): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Thanks
Re: Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know by shoaibraza134: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
You shared a great and helpful answer with me, Can you answer me because I am a little confused.
Having search engine names in your main domain good or bad? I have a site that included the second word of bing search engine name is that good for my website or not? Please check out my CB website.
A positive response shall be highly appreciated.
Re: Direct Traffic Vs. Organic Traffic: Everything You Need To Know by MartSavvy: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
shoaibraza134:
You shared a great and helpful answer with me, Can you answer me because I am a little confused.
Having search engine names in your main domain good or bad? I have a site that included the second word of bing search engine name is that good for my website or not? Please check out my CB website.
A positive response shall be highly appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your question...

Can you rephrase?

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Create A Youtube Channel / Create Your Website At Cheaper Rates / Online Examination Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.