Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time (3233 Views)

Iran Readies '100+ Cruise Missiles' For Possible Retaliation Against Israel / Russia Launches 80 Hypersonic Missiles Against Ukraine / Putin’s Hypersonic Missiles Carrying Warship On FIRE (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

Minsk agreement did not give independence to those regions. You can check it again. And crimea peninsula is being contended. In modern world, no country shouid tamper with territorial integrity of another country. It will lead to conflict.
People of Donetsk and Luhansk have no right to do that. Russia has no right to organize referendum there. Britain has no right to organize referendum for any region in Nigeria.

It just like biafra declaring independence from Nigeria. It will lead to war. Or Jos north says they are no part of plateau state.
the agreement was that there should ceasefire and Ukraine should recognise their government. There is nothing like territorial integrity. It is a myth used by small countries to whine themselves. Parts of USA used to belong to Mexico. Israel don't own the land they call their country. Scottishs were slaughtered throughout history for telling England to stay away from their country.

By your logic, Ukraine, being historically part of Russia have no right secede from Russia
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
Camelot65:
Still doesn't mean. Ukraine fought for her independence from the Russian empire>>"In November 1917, after the Bolsheviks seized power from the Provisional Government, the Central Rada proclaimed the Ukrainian National Republic (UNR), which was formally in federation with Russia. In December 1917, however, the UNR waged war on Russia. In January 1918 the UNR broke all ties with Soviet Russia and declared itself an independent state"

So Ukraine WAS part of the Russian empire and never is. Russia can't lay any claims as to ownership of Ukraine.

About Scotland>>>>"Scotland was an independent kingdom through the Middle Ages, and fought wars to maintain its independence from England. The two kingdoms were joined in personal union in 1603 when the Scottish King James VI became James I of England, and the two kingdoms united politically into one kingdom called Great Britain in 1707."

All fought to be left alone. The Biafra struggle wasn't successful, if not, it'd have not been a part of NIGERIA.
lol you don go copy nonsense. Any man who declared himself king in Scotland was hunted down and hanged by England. Search Robert the Bruce, William Wallace etc.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by joyandfaith: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
the agreement was that there [s]should ceasefire and Ukraine should recognise their government. There is nothing like territorial integrity. It is a myth used by small countries to whine themselves. Parts of USA used to belong to Mexico. Israel don't own the land they call their country. Scottishs were slaughtered throughout history for telling England to stay away from their country.

By your logic, Ukraine, being historically part of Russia have no right secede from Russia[/s]

How did Ukraine became part of Russia empire historically? How did Ukraine become part of USSR?
Scotland is a nation which formed a union with england and Wales. Jews left their home and returned after 2000 years to chase illegal occupants away. Was there any state or kingdom of Palestine prior to 1948? Mexico America fought over terrotory. America won and even bought some territory. America also brought Alaska from Russia. That was before establishment of international laws and orders.
Minsk agreement did not say Donetsk and Luhansk should have their independent government.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

How did Ukraine became part of Russia empire historically? How did Ukraine become part of USSR?
Scotland is a nation which formed a union with england and Wales. Jews left their home and returned after 2000 years to chase illegal occupants away. Was there any state or kingdom of Palestine prior to 1948? Mexico America fought over terrotory. America won and even bought some territory. America also brought Alaska from Russia. That was before establishment of international laws and orders.
Minsk agreement did not say Donetsk and Luhansk should have their independent government.
lol I'm talking history you are talking USSR of yesterday. Muscovy, Russian empire. Your knowledge of history is very very recent and superficial. When God told Abraham to leave his father's house and go to canaan, were there no people already living there? When Joshua returned from Egypt, did he not meet people in those lands? Which land did Israel leave and returned 2000 years later?
Scotland have always been part of England. Go and read history and see how England hanged all the men who declared themselves Kings of Scotland. Search William Wallace, Robert the Bruce. Start from there and come back to tell me how Scotland made a pact with England to hang their Kings

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Camelot65: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
lol you don go copy nonsense. Any man who declared himself king in Scotland was hunted down and hanged by England. Search Robert the Bruce, William Wallace etc.
which nonsense? What I posted up there is true.
It was even a battle they fought, the English army defeated him ( after defeating them in a former battle) and took him hostage and was later hanged. (William Wallace)

Robert the Bruce also fought the English army, he was defeated some consecutive times but later defeated the English army at Bannockburn in 1314 and finally gave the Scottish the independence they always wanted....The diplomatic independence was signed by the Pope known as 'Treaty of Edinburgh–Northampton in 1328'

Both are independent. Scotland is not part of England but formed a Union with her together with Wales to become what we have today as The UK.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
Camelot65:
which nonsense? What I posted up there is true.
It was even a battle they fought, the English army defeated him ( after defeating them in a former battle) and took him hostage and was later hanged. (William Wallace)

Robert the Bruce also fought the English army, he was defeated some consecutive times but later defeated the English army at Bannockburn in 1314 and finally gave the Scottish the independence they always wanted....The diplomatic independence was signed by the Pope known as 'Treaty of Edinburgh–Northampton in 1328'

Both are independent. Scotland is not part of England but formed a Union with her together with Wales to become what we have today as The UK.

what independence are you talking about? When were there separate rulers ruling over England and Scotland that England acknowledged, prior to 1603 after the death of Elizabeth I when James came and ruled over both England and Scotland? Even James, King of Scotland prior to the unification was English, not Scottish.
England considered Scotland as their territory. They stationed army there and declared any Scottish who was crowned a king traitor and a rebel. Scotland were never independent. How can England declare a king of a sovereign country a rebel? The problem with you people is semantics and politics of language.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by joyandfaith: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
lol I'm talking history you are talking USSR of yesterday. Muscovy, Russian empire. Your knowledge of history is very very recent and superficial. When God told Abraham to leave his father's house and go to canaan, were there no people already living there? When Joshua returned from Egypt, did he not meet people in those lands? Which land did Israel leave and returned 2000 years later?
Scotland have always been part of England. Go and read history and see how England hanged all the men who declared themselves Kings of Scotland. Search William Wallace, Robert the Bruce. Start from there and come back to tell me how Scotland made a pact with England to hang their Kings
How did Ukraine become part of Russian empire? Even Port novo used to be part of oyo empire. Era of empire has gone. Putin should live with it.
Who were cannanites? Where are they now? What happened to them? I ask you again was there any kingdom or nation of Palestine prior to 1948? Can u name some of their kings between exodus of Jews in 607BCE and 1948CE when jews returned?

How many countries made up of united kingdom? How many countries made up of Great Britain?
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

How did Ukraine become part of Russian empire? Even Port novo used to be part of oyo empire. Era of empire has gone. Putin should live with it.
Who were cannanites? Where are they now? What happened to them? I ask you again was there any kingdom or nation of Palestine prior to 1948? Can u name some of their kings between exodus of Jews in 607BCE and 1948CE when jews returned?

How many countries made up of united kingdom? How many countries made up of Great Britain?
Oyo empire and Nigeria in general are weak. If they are strong and have interest in the land they will take it. If the country it is currently part of refuse Nigeria can declare war and forcefully annex it. When you hear war between two countries 90% of the time that's the cause. India almost went to war with Pakistan for Kashmir, China is preparing to invade Taiwan. When will you open your eyes to reality?

The cannanites were people living in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan.

Era of empire is far from over. England, despite being battered and made irrelevant still rule over many countries in the Caribbean and other Islands.

United Kingdom is a gentleman agreement to modernise English imperialism. The other countries are still ruled by the English Royal family. The husband of the Queen is still the Head of Scotland as Duke of Edinburgh. The Crown Prince is the Head of Wales as Prince of Wales. You see, this was how we got colonised. Our ancestors had superficial understanding of politics just the same way you do. The Brits say, you are still the king but we will set up district offices here and help you build schools, hospitals and churches and we will also do whatever business we want and we will always compensate you. Just sign this piece of paper. In the end you realise you ceded your territory to the throne of England through indirect rule.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by joyandfaith: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
Oyo empire and Nigeria in general are weak. If they are strong and have interest in the land they will take it. If the country it is currently part of refuse Nigeria can declare war and forcefully annex it. When you hear war between two countries 90% of the time that's the cause. India almost went to war with Pakistan for Kashmir, China is preparing to invade Taiwan. When will you open your eyes to reality?

The cannanites were people living in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan.

Era of empire is far from over. England, despite being battered and made irrelevant still rule over many countries in the Caribbean and other Islands.

United Kingdom is a gentleman agreement to modernise English imperialism. The other countries are still ruled by the English Royal family. The husband of the Queen is still the Head of Scotland as Duke of Edinburgh. The Crown Prince is the Head of Wales as Prince of Wales. You see, this was how we got colonised. Our ancestors had superficial understanding of politics just the same way you do. The Brits say, you are still the king but we will set up district offices here and help you build schools, hospitals and churches and we will also do whatever business we want and we will always compensate you. Just sign this piece of paper. In the end you realise you ceded your territory to the throne of England through indirect rule.

So nations should keep on fighting wars because of land. You amaze me.

What is language of cannanites? Arab? Arabs are not cannanites. We are familar with kingdoms of Lebanon, Syria and Jordan with some of their past leaders. Can u say the same things regarding Palestine? Is there anything like kingdom or nation of Palestine prior to 1948.

Era of empire is over. What we have now is sphere of influence.

How many countries made up of UK? How many countries made up of Britain. I am very sure you don't know and people don't know as well.
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

So nations should keep on fighting wars because of land. You amaze me.

What is language of cannanites? Arab? Arabs are not cannanites. We are familar with kingdoms of Lebanon, Syria and Jordan with some of their past leaders. Can u say the same things regarding Palestine? Is there anything like kingdom or nation of Palestine prior to 1948.

Era of empire is over. What we have now is sphere of influence.

How many countries made up of UK? How many countries made up of Britain. I am very sure you don't know and people don't know as well.
lmao. What the actual fucck? You are asking me primary one question like how many countries make up UK and Britain? cheesy Jesus Christ who be this one. I have been lecturing you on English politics and imperialism and you somehow convinced yourself that I don't know such basic things? Lol. I studied English in the university. I know the history of England, Britain and United Kingdom. I know the history of the islands of Britania. The Roman invasion, Germanic invasion, Anglo-Saxon era, Medieval era etc. Just rest gee. You have a long way to go
Countries will always go to wars for lands. People kill each other for land. Land hold resources that can give you wealth, it also gives you security.

You can see my reply to the other guy on how an English, James the fourth of Scotland inherited the thrown of England in 1603 after the death of Elizabeth I to unite the kingdom

1 Like

Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by joyandfaith: 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
lmao. What the actual fucck? You are asking me primary one question like how many countries make up UK and Britain? cheesy Jesus Christ who be this one. I have been lecturing you on English politics and imperialism and you somehow convinced yourself that I don't know such basic things? Lol. I studied English in the university. I know the history of England, Britain and United Kingdom. I know the history of the islands of Britania. The Roman invasion, Germanic invasion, Anglo-Saxon era, Medieval era etc. Just rest gee. You have a long way to go
Countries will always go to wars for lands. People kill each other for land. Land hold resources that can give you wealth, it also gives you security.

You can see my reply to the other guy on how an English, James the fourth of Scotland inherited the thrown of England in 1603 after the death of Elizabeth I to unite the kingdom

Many scholars don't even basic things. They just like speaking big grammars.
How many countries made up of UK? How many countries made up of great Britain?
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by Walkee: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

Many scholars don't even basic things. They just like speaking big grammars.
How many countries made up of UK? How many countries made up of great Britain?
Britain is England, Scotland and Wales, UK is the same with the addition of Northern Ireland. Happy now? Take care
Re: Russia Strikes Ukraine With Its Newest Hypersonic Missiles For First Time by jimyjames(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2022
Obascoetubi:
what are they demanding?
1) Russia wants Ukraine not to join (North Atlantic treaty organization) it's a military alliance of many countries who felt threaten by the Soviet Union after the WW2 and you know Ukraine and russia' were strong members of the Soviet Union before it got dissolved , Russia feels Ukraine will be used against them if they join nato

2) Russia recognized two breakaway regions in Ukraine as independent states, Russia wants Ukraine to do themselves by recognizing those regions, plus the Crimea Peninsula a majority Russian speaking region in Ukraine which broke away to join Russia since 2014

3) Russia wants disarmament of Ukrainian military force so that Ukraine will not be a threat to them or be used by Russian enemies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 10 Most Incredible Weapon Systems Used By The Russian Army. / Why Should President Donald J. Trump Move The US Embassy To Jerusalem? / Mugabe An African Leader

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.