Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,595 members, 7,951,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry (456 Views)

'Your Time On Phone' By Elizabeth Tekeh (Video) / Download Album: Indie Tribe – Upper Hand Album [zip File] / Yemi Alade - Temptation Ft. Patoranking (official Music Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
Everyone Agrees there is temptations in the world, and some think that Music and Entertainment regardless whether it is so called Gospel Music Industry does not by any means curtail the temptation, indeed the sheer notion of spot light regardless how dim the light is...poses a good deal of its own temptations, just place a Man in view of others, then, you will observe, that you have exposed him to at least a measure of temptation! This evening, we will be having some interview in this regards, with some very much developing independent Artists, the content of this interview will be posted here (in public domain) afterwards. We hope the discussion will be of some value to those of you who would peruse it.

Thanks.
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mod:

Hello And Welcome To This WhatsApp Interview Series with the RH Channel.

So, we start by getting to meet y'all, our esteemed guests in today's interview...

So, let me first introduce Mr Chrisnee: The Daalu Artiste... Whose first single in 2015 was a soft rock Gospel, dubbed ONYE... let's have Mr Chrisnee say Hi to us... Hello Chrisnee...

Chrisnee:

Hello everyone, it’s an honor to be here, I’m humbled

Mod:

Thank You Chrisnee, and Welcome once Again.

Chrisnee:

My pleasure.

Mod:

Next is Elizabeth Henry, A fast rising Indie Artist, we are anticipating Elisabeth's debut single later this year... Her Cover of Lauren Daigle's You say, triggered an instant top response on the RH Channel... And has the record of the all time highest response in the shortest time on our Channel... Elizabeth Henry, Welcome to RH Channel...

Elizabeth Henry:

Thank you so much Mr p and good evening to y'all...

Mod:

You're Most Welcome, Elizabeth Henry.

And Last but not the least is Seun David also known as Sojourner...

Mr Sojourner whose debut single is scheduled to release in the second quarter of this year...is quite a versatile Musician, performing Music across Genres like Afro, Pop, R n B and Urban Gospel. Sojourner has covered a number of songs such as Michael Smiths How to Say Goodbye, Keith Green's Asleep in the Light, and others...

Mr Sojourner, Welcome to the Channel Today.

Sojourner:

Good evening good people! It's good to be here.

Mod:

Thanks Sojourner.
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mod:

So, just tell us briefly about your musical career, where you have been, where you are now in your music career and what you're hopeful for in your music before the end of the year...Mr Chrisnee, You go first...

Chrisnee:

My musical career started in Nigeria �� with living world gospel mission in Delta state Nigeria and the redeem Christian church of God wisdom chapel portharcourt. I’ve also work with the sons of David Acapella group in PH, Stadt mission choir Germany, Sounds of Joy choir.

I’m by the grace of God the founder of New Creation Crew Abavo Delta State Nigeria and of New Creation Concept, the voice of reconciliation Germany ��

Mod:

Music is indeed Universal, I particularly like the connection of places, regardless the culture it would seem that for Mr Chrisnee, Music finds its expressions every where you go...

There is one aspect of the question we and other members of your social media community will be interested to get a hint on:

What are you hopeful for in your music before the end of the year... Mr Chrisnee⁩?

Chrisnee:

I’m hoping to reach out to the unsave all over the nations of the earth through gospel music by the grace of God almighty

Mod:

Thank You Chrisnee,

And May God be Truly Gracious unto You.

Chrisnee:

Amen in Jesus name, thanks Mr P I’m humbled
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mod:

Alright Ms Elizabeth Henry... Tell us briefly about your musical career, where you have been, where you are now in your music career and what you're hopeful for in your music before the end of the year...

Elizabeth Henry:

My musical journey has been an interesting one from the outset, interesting even though it started roughly for me, coming from a church choir, to a lead singer in church and down to rehearsal house Nigeria. I've always been fascinated by the art itself and it's more of an enthusiasm for me....

Haven't been in many places though, rehearsal house covers all the places for me �...
I'm hopeful that by the end of the year, God willing, my first single should be out, along side with covers and everything that follows.

It's more of passion for me, I want to express my musicality in the best possible way I can and have fun. �

Mod:

Thank You Elizabeth,

Elizabeth Henry:
Amen... Thanks to you sir

Mod:

Sojourner... Can you please share with us briefly your musical career, where you have been, where you are now in your music career and what you're hopeful for in your music before the end of the year...

Sojourner:
My music career has been on for while, though not clearly defined, but everything thing took a better meaning coming to ReHearsal House.

It's been a roller coaster kind of experience; from being a student in the RH Recording Artistry Program to the finale of the program, developing some prowess in my artistry, dropping some covers, having some confidence in what I could achieve musically and some steep days as well, but it's all good –we are here.

Where I am presently is where you can call –a plateau of warming up; Ready to take the bull by the horns. Composing and writing songs ready to be released, polishing my artistry and creativity, praying and pleading that God grants mercy knowing He's sovereign in all what men do.

"Sojourner" has kicked off already this year as a person, a personality and a brand. Hoping for success and bracing up for failures and mistakes. I see the music world and artistry as a learning ground basically, However, I look forward to putting more work out, bringing some meaning and values to music and entertainment generally (so help me God).

I should have complied tracks worthy of an EP by the end of the year. And finally go home during the holidays to wow my family with some – Sojourner in house session of musical Jamboree.

Mod:

Thank You Sojourner,

Sojourner:

Thanks Bro!
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mod:

Now Let's quickly head to the lead item...of our discussion today.

And we'll start with you Sojourner.

You have been around in the Indie Music Game for a while now, starting from main stream Afro Pop Genre, now, you're as you'd prefer to be known, a Christian and that's a divide from your past experiences, right...?

Sojourner:

Yea
...a significant one

Mod:
Now based on your experiences, what can you say, is the greatest temptation for an Independent Artist in this digital age? knowing the desire of Artistes to be heard...Yes, Artistes want to be listened to...

Sojourner:
Nobody likes to be a loner intrinsically, Most people like to belong and be trendy: Do what everybody does without questioning.

One of the two greatest temptations in my opinion

1. Following the status quo without asking some fundamental questions.

2. Wanting to make quick and sudden returns from your artistry. That comes with taking any offer without proper sifting.

Mod:

Mr Chrisnee, based on your experiences, do you concur, and is there some other items you like to include on the list, presented by Sojourner?

Chrisnee:
I will say finding the right connection especially here in the Germany and the financial involvement

Mod:

Okay,

Ms. Elizabeth Henry, for you as a Lady, and one who has really been in choir programs, do you think that the experiences from choir days may help the indie artiste in dealing with these [possible] temptations?

Elizabeth:

I think one should really have a solid definition of what artistry means to the artist and be pragmatic about it...

Mod:

Can you shed further light Ms Elizabeth...?

Elizabeth:

Okay, I mean, an artist should know what he/she wants to do before getting into the industry... Define your boundaries, set your goals and take them head on...

There are lots of opposition and too many influential artist already in the industry, so I'll say, for upcoming artist or independent artist, stand out in your own way and be content.

Mod:

Stand out in your own way and be content...

Please go on...

Elizabeth:
When comparison sets in, dissatisfaction with one's efforts becomes the leading spirit in any one's heart...

There will be this drive to want more, to be among the " GOATS"... forgetting that, the efforts, years and work these guys have imputed in thier artistry cannot be compared to the uprising artist

Mod:
Okay...

Elizabeth Henry:
Stand out for me, simply means doing things in a different way, spice things up with an extra and be patient with your results that's all it takes in my opinion.
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ArtistPlatform: 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mod:

We're Coming closer to the end of this Session...

And its been quite an experience, I must say, we're encouraged, quite much with the responses thus far...

One more thing, Mr Sojourner,⁩ what recommendations would you make to fellow indies, as touching fighting these temptations you hinted at?

And Ms Elizabeth Henry, what would be your parting counsel to every indie Artists who reads the content of this interview on the various public domain where its been featured Live...?

Also, Mr. Chrisnee,
Really the Indie Artiste faces much temptations from the onset...though they are often unaware... For many its just life as usual... Now Mr Chrisnee, are there some decisions that needs to be made from the beginning and what type of decisions, would you say, you must need to settle down with in your own heart before releasing and radically promoting your first EP or Album? Let's have these as your parting counsel...

Elizabeth Henry:
I'd say, being an artist or becoming one is demanding and it has a lot of challenges, but if it's really what you're passionate about, then go for it, with all Joy and love in your heart... For a Christian Artist as myself, I believe so much in God's help, don't over do things, and don't think that you can achieve it all in one day or all by yourself...

Perseverance, patience and team work are key tools to a successful career.

Sojourner:

1. Find inner peace. Be reconciled to your creator.

2. Find your own guard, and influence in navigating not just through the Music Industry, but this industry called "life", and everything, yes with many mistakes and failures would be a worth while and life transforming experience.

3. Have a philosophy and be true to it.

4. Be ready to be a loner, a pace setter and a game changer.

5. Ultimately, know that Life is more than making music and money.
Re: Fightin Temptation In Indie Artistry: feat. Chrisnee, Sojourner, Elizabeth Henry by ReHearsalHouse: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Interesting Dialogues!

(1) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From Bella Shmurda’s Interview With Korty / No Insults : Rate This Song On A Scale Of 1-10 / Showcase Your Talents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.