Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,689 members, 7,879,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship (39010 Views)

How A Bank Ruined My Relationship. / Masturbation Has Ruined My Life / Chai A Man Just Ruined My Toasting Life ........HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by baby124: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
Once you are a working adult with sense and full faculties in tact, your parents should take the solicited advise role. That is they intrude in your life when you ask them for advice. Not the dictator or terrorist role. Why does she have access to your girlfriend to start all this drama? Most times parents are jealous that you have someone taking all your attention and, will soon take you away from them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by sniperr007(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:
I'm an only son and in relationship with a lady I love so much.

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.

Your mom sees her as a treat. Explain to her that she isn't going to lose your attention and support.

But ask her if she wants you to marry?
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by jaxxy(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

We started dating while we were students. Our relationship is 4 years and 8 months. Everything was going fine until she moved into Lagos and I introduced her to my mom.

Now, any issue I have with my mom, she calls the innocent girl and says it's because of her this thing happened.

My mom and I live in a three bedroom apartment. She and my father are separated.

One minute she's nice to the girl, the next she isn't. We broke up today because of this. I'm really hurt. This girl loves me unconditionally, she supports me, treats me so well. When I started my business she gave me her 200k savings to invest in it. I can't even believe my mom is doing all this. I don't know what to do. I'm really hurt. We planned on getting married this year. I don't know if I would ever find a good person like her.

On the other hand, my mom doesn't even care. I want to cut every ties I have with her.

I don't think ure a Man. There is a level to the influence ur mom should have on u or ur relationship especially when shes not helpful.

U better work it back with that girl.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Saig: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

If you're so sure this girl is that good go after your girl. Sit your mom down and talk to her. It's about your happiness and that's the person who gives you joy.
Can you tell why your mom left your dad? don't let toxicity transfer to you, as the case may be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by McEphiks(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I always try to wonder and understand why you folks allow your parent or mother have a say in your marriage life...
Why give her that space to even have the audacity to call your girl out whenever there's an issue that can be trashed out..

If you like don't stand your ground and be a man..leave her to ruin your life affair cos of her attitude..it's disgusting at the same time nonsense..let me not talk.. undecided

Modified:you already broke up? look go back to that lady and apologise..as for ya momma don't she or you have a house of her/your own? why on Earth is/are she/you still residing with you/her...give yourself/her some privacy..go get her/yourself an apartment and apologise to that innocent lady you hurt..you know what you want for yourself..stand for it and let no mere being have a say in your life...

First time you get sense. Maybe because today na Sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Ybaby: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

1. Move the FUUK out of under your mum ( get your own place).
2. Beg your GF and get back with her
3. Send your mum an allowance every week or every month
4. Call your mum every Sunday and visit her once a month
5. Marry the love of your life
6. Your GF needs to block your mum on hern own phone
7. Your mum can only reach your girlfriend through your phone hence forth and call must be transfered through you to your GF
8. You better protect your GF from your former wife ( your mum)
9. Love your mum but she is not able to give you children
10. .......... keep both relationship away from each other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TheiaTalks: 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Dear OP,

If you lose that lady, after all the comments you've seen on this thread, it'll be really sad and you may never come across someone like that again.

Love, a wonderful partner and a good, working romantic relationship is scarce in the world already so, if you've got a chance at the real thing, please don't play with it.

Now to your mum's issue...

I can understand how unreasonable parents can be sometimes, especially mothers but they've still got a place in our lives so...

Inasmuch as you respect her and love her, politely but firmly make your stand.

It's your decision, not hers. Besides, you're a man, aren't you? Make your stand.

Some may attack you with "what an elder sees while sitting, a child can't see even if he climbs a tree" as per your mum may have her reasons for doing what she did.

Let me tell you something. The elders do miss it once in a while and will continue to miss it sometimes because they're not perfect.

I've seen several parents change their opinions and decisions when they realised they had it all wrong. Many even later thanked God that their children at the time didn't obey them.

Lastly...

If you're a Christian, pray to God for guidance. He'll help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Acidosis(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
It's a common abnormality. Your marriage is not her priority.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Deldrax29: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
You love a lady with the whole of your heart. You can't stop thinking about her. She gave you 200k for you to invest. And you are allowing your mum to take her away from you. . Are you kidding me? Such ladies are scarce like diamonds.
You better man up, sit your mum down and talk to her until she agrees. Don't say because she is your mum oo. Speak with the kind of boldness that she has never seen in her son before and I hope she will have no option but to respect your courage.
I sha hope you've done various tests, like genotype test and that u are both compatible. If everything is just right for both of you, then go for her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Herlertah(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

God.. God.. God..all the time..what business does an imaginary creature have with reality..
E O D.. having a simple conversation with a religious person is too tiring.. undecided

Very tiring actually. I am sorry to say this, but they always sound very stupid to me even if they have PhD. Idiots!
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Prettychild(f): 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
TheWolfen:

Parents have a strong point in their kids life irrespective of their decision being right or wrong but heaven always respect their wish or do you think u can love a young person more than his/her parent?
Her moves might not be right but there is no underestimating parental strong influence which is usually out love.
Bros na lie, not all parental influence is done out of love, some are done out of jealousy. Let’s leave matter joor, I don’t want to start saying some things. All I know is that children will outlive their parents so don’t allow them to make decisions for you that will ruin your lives cos they won’t be there at the long run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by yemi1504: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
ghettochild:
Go get ur woman back
And try delete her num from ur mum's phone n lastly, move out

My advice too! One has to make sacrifices these days for who one wants! Because to see that kind lady for 9ja, e go hard o and if luck no dey your side, na the last time you go ever see see such lady.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by ojonugway(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

You want to cut ties with your mother because of a girlfriend?

You’re such a SIMPle guy. Your mum must be proud of having you as her only son
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by EndRape2(f): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Go and sit down you are talking rubbish, most mother's are selfish, they do not want any other girl close to their son, they want to be the one eati g his money, some are even posses and on an assignment that their sons must not marry.

Is like your own mother is still brain washing you.

uote author=TheWolfen post=111193562]

Parents have a strong point in their kids life irrespective of their decision being right or wrong but heaven always respect their wish or do you think u can love a young person more than his/her parent?
Her moves might not be right but there is no underestimating parental strong influence which is usually out love. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by yemi1504: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lifeangel:
You made mistakes. You knew who your mum is and still mumushly bring the lady to her. From your post i perceived your mum has domineering spirit hence your father saw this and japa. Solution is that go and get personal accommodation and leave her to her apartment. As the only son refuse to become mummy pet. Secondly,speak to the lady and make her to understand how much you love and care.If you successfully win her over again,tell ger to block your mum's phone number to avoid any wahala from her end.

Perfect advice!
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by DICO111(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
Give me her number so that I can call and beg on your behalf....
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TheWolfen(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
EndRape2:
Go and sit down you are talking rubbish, most mother's are selfish, they do not want any other girl close to their son, they want to be the one eati g his money, some are even posses and on an assignment that their sons must not marry.

Is like your own mother is still brain washing you.

I will forgive u for such careless and insensitive statement
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Squidbabe: 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
In all you wrote ,u never explain why ur mum has issues with the girl. That she gave u 200k doesn't mean she is perfect in all areas. Like you said some times ur mum is OK with her and sometimes not,meaning ur mum doesn't hate her. If she does good its natural for any normal mum to like but when she misbehaves ur mum also has the right to frown at it. If u said ur mum hates her no matter what she does I would have have issue with that but she OK. What u need to understand is that a person can be different things to different ppl. She might behave well in ur presence and otherwise in ur absence. Ask ur mum nicely what the problem and where ur babe is wrong correct immediately in the presence of ur mum. Mums always mean well but always misunderstood. And that is really painful.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by delpee(f): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
@OP
A mother's place is different from the wife's in the life of a man. You can love them both on parallel lines. I'm a mother. I won't willfully break my son's relationship. All I can do is advice and then accept his choice having prayed. Our duty is to guide and pray for our children. We should not become their tormentors causing misery in their lives.

You need to ask your mum if she has something substantial against her which you should investigate and consider. That's provided it's not due to possessiveness or jealousy on your mum's part.

I think you should reconcile with the lady. If necessary, leave home for a while. In any case, you have to leave and build your own home in due season.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TWoods(m): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
TheWolfen:

Her moves might not be right but there is no underestimating parental strong influence which is usually out love.

This isn't remotely true. Not all parents act out of love. Some do so out of ego, jealousy, spite, wanting to irrationally hold on to a relationship with the child, etc. At some point, an adult child needs to start making his own decisions... you have to learn to sift what you hear from your parents - take the good advice, discard the unhelpful ones. I wish I learned these earlier in life, there are many times I look back and bitterly regret not doing so.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by EagleNest(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
TheWolfen:

I didn't say everything parents says is right.
Like I maintained.
It is good to seek for wisdom to navigate through the journeys of life. ..
Parent aren't perfect. They humans just like u. It won't be bad soliciting for help from an higher being or source...

Pls read my response to op on this this issue

But you sounded like the op should listen to his parent in this context.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by DonroxyII: 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
Wittyduchess:
Let me be blunt ,your mother is sperated and she sees how you treat your gf, then she says "I never got treated like this " ,your father never did this for me" , then envy and jealousy creeps in. She feels she will loose her son to another woman who will be treated better than her husband ever did.

Go and stay on your own if you want to get married to that lady. That's the only way out of this.

Atleast you know already she will be one of those "mother in-laws". Na jealousy dey do your mama. Nothing else.
Oil is flowing on your Head cheesy Gbam!
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Aaay: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
Oh
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TheWolfen(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
TWoods:

This isn't remotely true. Not all parents act out of love. Some do so out of ego, jealousy, spite, wanting to irrationally hold on to a relationship with the child, etc. At some point, an adult child needs to start making his own decisions... you have to learn to sift what you hear from your parents - take the good advice, discard the unhelpful ones. I wish I learned these earlier in life, there are many times I look back and bitterly regret not doing so.

It is okay. I knew there are exceptions. . .

Like I said. God the all knowing is the only one you should ask for his support and his wisdom.
I understand a lot of people didn't get the point I am trying to make in my previous post on this topic.
So i will like u to ask for ways just like Solomon ask for wisdom. Don't depend or listen to your parents for they only humans. That is my point
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

mummies boy. Keep cryin
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by TheVictorious(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
I totally do not understand the story,

so who is calling off the relationship, you, the girl, or your mum?

If it is you, then you're not really serious about all you've said up here

If it's the girl, then go back and beg her and set the right boundaries between her and your mum. And you must teach your mum to respect her (and of course respect YOU too by so doing)

Then if it's your mum calling off the relationship, then I don't even know how to advise you again because that'd mean she doesn't deserve you and you still have a lot of growing up to do.

I'd send you an email message request so we can speak about this, and I hope to help in any way I can if possible. Regards.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Truvelisback(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

U have my support.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by MadamOk(f): 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Dating mummy's boy is risky�
Those set of people can't reason well

Anyway sha try to man up, get an apartment so there will be respect and privacy in your relationship, talk to her to understand thing and work out your relationship
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Truvelisback(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
ojonugway:

You want to cut ties with your mother because of a girlfriend?

You’re such a SIMPle guy. Your mum must be proud of having you as her only son
He isn't a Simp, considering her sacrifice. I wanna asked, has any lady u ever dated helped u with 10k or 20k b4? She helped him with 200k to help him get on his feet.
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
So na nairaland you con report your matter to. Na wa ọ! lipsrsealed
Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
daifeanyi68844:

Why not pick ur mom phone and delete the poor girl number

Re: My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship by dlordy100: 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
Marriage is far from you cuz you still allow your parents intrude into ur love affair. When you're serious you can call us back for the meeting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bizarre: Global Boom In Sex Doll Sales (pictures) / Bobrisky Has Body Odour - JP Blush / 200k Per Month Is Small Compare To What Other Men Give Their Wives .. Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.