Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,408 members, 7,833,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University (37052 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by naijaclass(m): 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
History was made at Ahamdu Bello University (ABU), Zaria as a young lady identified as Musa Muminah Agaka from Kwara state shattered a 38-year-old record by bagging a first-class degree from the department of sociology during the 2020/2021 academic session - no one came close in over three decades!

Due to the significance the feat carried, many would have imagined she entered university with a goal to at least graduate with a first-class, but the 22-year-old never had that in mind, as she would reveal in an interview with Legit.ng.

Muminah engaged in menial jobs to support her mum Young Muminah didn't imagine that she'd be fatherless in the year 2007, but that was the case anyways. The lady told Legit.ng's Victor Duru that she was raised by her single mum after her dad who worked as a lecturer passed away.

Her mum who worked as a health attendant automatically became the breadwinner, caring for 5 children all alone. Muminah said she had to do menial jobs to support her mum and it was out of her own volition. "It was the need to support my mum that led me to start selling things (though I was never forced to do so)...The first thing I remember selling was cocoa (one sweet Bonvita...Then later veils, materials, okirikas, so many things ...I also did henna artwork and still do this, she said."

Muminah said breaking the 38-year-old record was never her intention The serial entrepreneur told Legit.ng that she never entered ABU with the intention of bagging first-class, let alone shattering a record that has stood for 38 years. According to her, she was only focused on doing well at school to encourage her mum.

Muminah recalled an emotional moment she had 5.0GPA in her 300 level and the reaction of her mother. "...The drive for the quest of me breaking the record popped up when I had a 5.0GPA and I saw that bright light on my mother's face ....Not the first of its kind actually, but that very day it came with tears...I feel so happy and wished to see more of that."

She admitted achieving the feat came with lots of sacrifices. Muminah shares her study routine On her study routine in school, Muminah said she read mostly at night and usually took break from studying on weekends. She also engages in 3 hours discussions with her course mates on what they were taught in class. The discussion is taken online on social media platform WhatsApp in the event that a physical meeting is not possible. The brilliant lady shared another trick that helped her in school.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1461052-my-friends-i-hang-3-times-every-semester-young-lady-broke-38-year-old-abu-sociology-record-says/?fbclid=IwAR2RXIuo6k1YXwu4zJyXurW5I62M6LIHEZ854IrN4BInQcmNZGXZdyfohrg

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by chatinent: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
As a northerner, getting a first-class in a northern school is not a difficult task. You only need to identify and verify yourself to the lecturer you are one. Or speak Hausa and gift the lecturer massa with an endnote wagging of your waist if you want the easy way out. Or if you are in anyway related to the Emir (even if na their children be your friend), even if you never learned the Use of English, it's A+...and you don't even need to attend lecture halls.

No bi Borno state we dey where English lecturer dey use Hausa teach English? No bi for WAKA Biu (college of education) for Bornu state wey some 5.00 students no sabi even spell the course title of the same courses?

As a southerner there, as a lady, many hotel bedsheets must have contained your perfume...unless you are academically sound. I pity you if you are not. I also pity guys who aren't sound. If you cannot bribe well, aboki wey you dey undergrade go leave you for 100lv enter 300lv.

This is firsthand observation not hate...and my observation has nothing to do with this news or those from middle belt. And my observation doesn't also mean that such corruption isn't done in the south.

Thank you.

111 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Saviourk: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
Wow!beauty with brain...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Massiveglory: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2022
Oga shut up and don't be unfortunate
[s]
chatinent:
As a northerner, getting a first-class in ABU is not a difficult task.

As a southerner there, as a lady, many hotel bedsheets must have contained your perfume.

This is firsthand observation not hate.
[/s]

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Golan007: 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
chatinent:

As a southerner there, as a lady, many hotel bedsheets must have contained your perfume.

Na so una go dey lie just to feel comfortable with yourselves.

If it was that easy, how many ladies have made first class in the history of ABU?

Appreciate her and move on rather than selling sour grapes.

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by chatinent: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
Massiveglory:
Oga shut up and don't be unfortunate
[s][/s]
Nigeria, where people defend tribe first than the truth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by LordIsaac(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
Congrats, Auguste Compte!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Mofun: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kudos to her. However, I am surprised that someone didn't expect, let alone aim at, attaining such a feat and was still able to make it.

#Check my signature please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
You lied.
ABU Zaria is different, highly rated institution in Nigeria.

Besides, because she's from Kwara made her Northerner? Someone from Agaka in ilorin

You're saying Someone from Otukpo in benue is Also Northerner. sad

[s]
chatinent:

[/s]

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by BlaqFaze: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2022
So wetin dey sociology wey dem nor fit get first class for 38 years....naso dem dull reach undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by LordIsaac(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2022
BlaqFaze:
So wetin dey sociology wey dem nor fit get first class for 38 years....naso dem dull reach undecided
I laugh..... Sociology is not like Mathematics where 2+2=4. It is a function of perception based on facts and well researched theories. You may have to build your analysis of critical issues on not less than 10 authorities to come to a reasonable and logical conclusion that may bring you close to getting an A. So, yes, in 38 years, it was difficult to find such until she broke the jinx. Congrats to the lady!

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by qekng40(f): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2022
It wasn't your dream, now its your reality!

congratulations!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by remi4ever(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2022
grin
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Burgerlomo: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2022
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by McOluOmo: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by lalastimlala: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
H
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by lekzy116(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
I congratulate her..
Many probably didn't know the volume of efforts put together behind that success. The few statement of her life story seems easy to many except the few who have trail in something similar with her journey.

Thanks for making your mom proud, even your dad in the great beyond will also be proud of you.
I pray life treat you better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by RandyOku: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:

SHARAP!!!

She is from KWARA STATE..

KWara state is not NORTH... ITS MIDDLE BELTgrin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Anonymous54: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by alphaconde(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
school tire me abeg

all this thing no de inspire me

afterall all the professors and DRs for the country, the country still de go back

7 Likes

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Pele10: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2022
Outsanding performace...hardwork pays...i wish ur light shines brighter.

1 Like

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by simpleseyi: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
First Class in Sociology. Very good. Let her join the evil Nigerian Police Force quickly since she is stupid enough to fill the useless course in JAMB or what do you call it now. Wasted investment

2 Likes

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by tiswell(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
she won't go further than 2nd class in the south

northerners nor dey go school
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by alphaconde(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:

na true

but they will come after u
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Ancecoker(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
grin
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Ogbodavies(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
if na BBN now...even biden 4 don invite u.....
Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by lalastimlala: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
Most girls don't know they have potential to succeed academically. The only thing that gives them confidence is their yanzh and bubby. Most of these brilliant girls in school are always thin without any site of bweast or yanzh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:

and your mama told you so?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University by Anaerobi(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2022
Nice one....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outstanding Result In Waec: What Does It Mean And When Shall It Be Released? / Nigerian Universities That Process Transcript Collection The Fastest Vs Slowest / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.