Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC (33938 Views)

Court Sacks Senator Emmanuel Bwacha For Defecting to APC / Sack Of 20 Cross River Lawmakers: We Are Shopping For Their Replacements ― PDP / Manir Gidanjaja Cries, Begs For Forgiveness From APC For Defecting To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by Freebills12: 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
wink[color=#006600][/color]
seunmsg:

The judgement will be appealed and the lawmakers will maintain their seats till the end of their tenure.

I am not sure you are a Nigerian, the constitution stipulates that the legislature on defecting to another party looses his /her seat provided there was no crisis in the party. There is no hope for these people

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by fashrola(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
seunmsg:

The judgement will be appealed and the lawmakers will maintain their seats till the end of their tenure.

And you ain't ashamed about what you just typed? Sha the 30k monthly is working

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by ayukdaboss(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
tit:
Allahu akbar
Lol
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by maestroferddi: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
NigeriaB:

He can now be easily impeached..
lol.

No need sacking him through the court....

Just nominate new PDP House members and then they get his behind impeached ...

No court will reverse that one.

The man's corner for EFCC cell has been swept clean and awaiting his ouster.

Buhari will wash his hands off a serial joke like Ayade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by tesppidd: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
legallyminded:

[s]I see you're bereft of logic. I won't reply you again[/s]
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by tesppidd: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
idahme:

It's good to be enlightened, that's what I did by educating and assserting the differences between the cases you mentioned.

There has been a plethora of decampees of state Governor's and legislators since the advent of the 4th republic.

It's really unfortunate not to see the educating piece I posited rather coin it to be partisan.
If you hold the view above then why did you ask and seek clarification for your questions.

Would you say Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi, Gov Tambuwal, and all other Governors who decamped in 2014 should be revisited because the decamped to the APC in 2014? They are time bound and there is nothing any one can do about it, it has nothing to do with political leening understand this.

I'm elated because these cases churning out seems to be a good precedence to install stabilization and curb political prostitution. It will help in our political sphere by making political office holders concentrate to deliver the goods of their political administration.
You dont get my intention.

There are a lot of happy people here, claiming that such judgementa win sanitize our polity.

Yet such people are happy that APC missed the opportunity to drag them to court when it happened back then.

Of course i know those cases cant be revisited, by the level of hypocrisy stinks.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by famology(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
emmykk:

Mugu I see you are pained

Dunce cry me a river
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by zoedew: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
seunmsg:

You got another thing coming. The judiciary has a way of fast tracking such matters if they want to. Before you spell “ABC Transport LTD” the Supreme Court has given final judgment! Hire Lawyers who are experts at filibustering and filing Cases in abuse of court processes and the court will order such lawyer(s) to pay costs in tens of millions of Naira to be personally paid by them even if they end up as Chairman of The Body of Benchers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by SILVERLINES: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
vicdom:
cheesy
I thought Tinubu urchins said that Justice Inyang ekwo was a PDP judge, I wonder what they will say about Justice Taiwo Taiwo. set of useless baboons.
na baba God go punish dem all
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by donb06: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
tesppidd:
So you guys seem very excited and satisfied that Ortom did the same thing and got away with it but when it comes to Umahi and Matawalle you claim you are happy because you want Nigeria to be sanitized!!!

Lol....

Let me see who will remove Umahi. GOAN REMOVE HIM LET'S SEE.

All your hypocritical jubilation cannot even cross this nairaland.

Don't worry bro everybody is hypocrital... It's my turn to laugh today tomorrow will be yours....

Stay away from my celebration... Be warned grin

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by tesppidd: 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2022
donb06:

Don't worry bro everybody is hypocrital... It's my turn to laugh today tomorrow will be yours....

Stay away from my celebration... Be warned grin
grin

Okay Sir.. i will let you enjoy..

But i will remember the moniker.

When its my turn to laugh i will find you.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by ChoCho54(f): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
seunmsg:

What if they get speedy trials? The bane of Nigeria's progress is unpatriotic elements like you who take advantage of the loopholes in the weak institutions, not corruption as many think. The later is just a byproduct of the former.

This is exactly what Jonathan meant by stealing is not corruption.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by thatigboman1: 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
seunmsg:

is justice taiwo taiwo a pdp judge? That's the question.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by Shollypinzu: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Zamafara state next, make that mumu matawelle dey prepare

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by Nnannapat(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
tesppidd:
What about Ortom and Benue state?

Why are people here only talking about Cross River and Zamfara?

Is it because Ortom is PDP?
Ortom
decamped from APC to PDP and won his re-election under PDP, same as Obaseki of Edo.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by Excuzeme: 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
No long Story!
You win a Position under the Flag of a Party.
If you want to leave the Party, itis your right but dont carry their office or Position to a Party that did not win it.
Just surrender the Office/Position and move on.

That should have been the Law, a long time ago and we wont be having all these useless "defection" here and there.
It should be coded into Law
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by poiZon: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
tesppidd:
What about Ortom and Benue state?

Why are people here only talking about Cross River and Zamfara?

Is it because Ortom is PDP?
Ortom defected before the 2019 election, bought pdp ticket, won party primaries, stood election as a pdp flag bearer, won the election and was returned as the elected candidate of that election.

Am giving u detailed analysis of what and how it went so u won't go on another fora to embarass urself.
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by poiZon: 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
tesppidd:
[q8uote author=sagitariusbaby post=111236369] Ortom has already finished that tenure, he won his present mandate under PDP same as Obaseki of Edo state So you guys seem very excited and satisfied that Ortom did the same thing and got away with it but when it comes to Umahi and Matawalle you claim you are happy because you want Nigeria to be sanitized!!!

Lol....

Let me see who will remove Umahi. GOAN REMOVE HIM LET'S SEE.

All your hypocritical jubilation cannot even cross this nairaland.
U still having issues with comprehension...

U need provocative tutorials from mr spell
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by poiZon: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
buckeyemedia:
On appeal they will win, there is a conflicting clause in the constitution that allows them to defect if there are internal problems in the party.

Until that is removed all na nonsense, even the mere fact that Pdp filled the suit in the first place, shows that there is an internal party problem in pdp Cross Rivers between Imoke, Ayade & Co, so the man left the party for the people that made him Governor & moved on.
Does imoke, ayade and co represent the national organ of the party?
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by ordainbuzz(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
Splitmind:
Rubbish decision from a foolish Court! angry

I hope the president takes immediate action over this injustice.
see painment
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by BelSprit: 12:08am On Mar 22, 2022
Why was that Ayade guy left?
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by tesppidd: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2022
poiZon:

[s]U still having issues with comprehension...

U need provocative tutorials from mr spell[/s]
Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by tesppidd: 6:42am On Mar 22, 2022
poiZon:

[s]Ortom defected before the 2019 election, bought pdp ticket, won party primaries, stood election as a pdp flag bearer, won the election and was returned as the elected candidate of that election.

Am giving u detailed analysis of what and how it went so u won't go on another fora to embarass urself. [/s]

Re: Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC by donb06: 8:44am On Mar 22, 2022
tesppidd:
grin

Okay Sir.. i will let you enjoy..

But i will remember the moniker.

When its my turn to laugh i will find you.
Don't find me without some bottles for your celebration..ooo ; D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New CBN Policy: This Is Too Much Punishment For Nigerians - Seyi Law To Tinubu / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks / Military Moves To Attack Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.