Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,908 members, 7,942,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Does True Love Depends On Religion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does True Love Depends On Religion? (1473 Views)

Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? / Does True Love Exist Among Nigerian Lovers / Does True Love Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does True Love Depends On Religion? by Fasola256(m): 1:06am On Jul 02, 2011
It had been a suprise for me how my girlfriend normally complain about my religion(traditional) and she usually says she loves me with all her heart.What can I do then?
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by hakanai(m): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2011
^^^Is it Nigeria?If so you then are in deep crisis.Not violent ,but the intolerance.Nigerians hardly have tolerance for interfaith marriages.It may look simple but very difficult except in rare cases.Whether it is workable?Sure it can work.Whether its possible?You need alot of luck.She may want to impress her people by complying with there religious settings.She may look happy and loving but strongly against anything not in her faith.Its hard to bring the two together.Not impossible.Just know if you two have good tolerance and thick skin for peoples interferences from both faiths.People will keeping flooding her thoughts with all that is wrong about you to keep her away.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 1:28am On Jul 02, 2011
Love has nothing to do with religion.

Why is this in politics? Should be in the religion section.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by satani22: 2:11am On Jul 02, 2011
Yes.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 2:15am On Jul 02, 2011
Hi satani smiley

No it does not
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by Mynd44: 2:23am On Jul 02, 2011
No true love does not
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by Araboy(m): 2:30am On Jul 02, 2011
It depends on which religion For Muslims ladies it is prohibited for them to marry non Muslims period
Islam does not recognize the union nor the kids and the intimate relation in that marriage is considered
pure fornication Yes some Muslim women( especially in Gambia and Senegal ) marry non Muslims but  
they are not the devout ones so in Islam true love must depend on Religion since Religion comes first
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
^^We are not talking about marriage here but love.

And just because muslim women from Senegambia or anywhere else marry someone from a different religion does not mean they are not devout muslims. If its indeed a sin for them then that religion is bull.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by Araboy(m): 3:53am On Jul 03, 2011
There is big correlation between love and marriage when you love someone you tend to 
like to marry them  and yes since  you don't know from Muslim prospective  it is big sin
for them to marry non believers  As for your opinion that is bull i don't think it is relevant or representative of the  main stream  Muslim views even in countries like Senegambia where religion and superstition have no boundaries
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 1:31am On Jul 04, 2011
Yes majority of believers tend to marry when they find love but scientifically speaking LOVE has nothing to do with MARRIAGE. Its the belief system many believers of GOD tend to carry that when you fall in love you must marry. Love itself has nothing to do with religion.

Been brought up as a muslim in the SeneGambia region I went to darras(Quran studies) where I was told as a muslim I should not marry a non-muslim but my point is to say Love depends on religion is bull because love is a feeling not a way of life.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by MMM2(m): 2:01am On Jul 04, 2011
luv what
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by african1(f): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2011
kandiikane:

Yes majority of believers tend to marry when they find love but scientifically speaking LOVE has nothing to do with MARRIAGE. Its the belief system many believers of GOD tend to carry that when you fall in love you must marry. Love itself has nothing to do with religion.

Been brought up as a muslim in the SeneGambia region I went to darras(Quran studies) where I was told as a muslim I should not marry a non-muslim but my point is to say Love depends on religion is bull because love is a feeling not a way of life.

Well maybe for you it doesn't, but for a lot of people it does. I know a lot of people who make their partner's religions believes their number one priority. They wont talk to someone who isn't what they want, and I don't think you can fall in love with a stranger that you never really talked to.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by upendo98(f): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
Does to true love depend on religion? NO
Does religion matter when it comes to marriage? YES
WHY??
Becoz the problem is not the person we 'LOVE' but the garbage that comes with the religion the other person adheres to.
Marriage is not like dating.Relatives come in,kids,ceremonies,etc etc and religion plays a big part in such.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
african1:

Well maybe for you it doesn't, but for a lot of people it does. I know a lot of people who make their partner's religions believes their number one priority. They wont talk to someone who isn't what they want, and I don't think you can fall in love with a stranger that you never really talked to.
Neither do you fall in love because of someones religion unless you are talking about arranged marriages where they try to pretend to fall in love for the rest of their lives Amen.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by african1(f): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^ You can't talk for everybody. You don't know them, I mean it could happen thats what the question is asking for.
Re: Does True Love Depends On Religion? by kandiikane(m): 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
Ok, but scientifically speaking love in itself has nothing to do with religion

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know He's Not Lying / How Am I Gonna Handle This Relationship And My Dream??????? / Answer This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.