Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,010 members, 7,890,308 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. (8472 Views)

3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2011
Whatever your origin, religion, nationality, regardless of your diplomas and grade level, regardless of your family or employment situation, the Foreign Legion offers a new chance for a new life ,  Why oh why are my fellow Nigerians not aware that this option exists?! Or could it be that Nigerians living illegally in the EU are aware of this option, but would rather prefer to continue living illegally rather than join a foreign army?!
Official FFL website>>>http://legion-recrute.com/en/?SM=0
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

Whatever your origin, religion, nationality, regardless of your diplomas and grade level, regardless of your family or employment situation, the Foreign Legion offers a new chance for a new life , Why oh why are my fellow Nigerians not aware that this option exists?! Or could it be that Nigerians living illegally in the EU are aware of this option, but would rather prefer to continue living illegally rather than join a foreign army?!

I read abit about this[b] Foreign Legion[/b] thing and watched some clips about it, its true but tough.

The training is not for any weak mind, if u can't learn French language quick then don't bother as all the commands and instructions are in French.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

I read abit about this[b] Foreign Legion[/b] thing and watched some clips about it, its true but tough.

The training is not for any weak mind, if u can't learn French language quick then don't bother as all the commands and instructions are in French.
God bless you for confirming the validity of this option. Tigerpaws has been calling me a Scammer on another thread just because I suggested this option to a guy stranded in the EU, rather than pursue the asylum option. That been said, their website clearly states that they will teach a volunteer the French language during training, albeit "knocking" it into your head using all means necessary. Anybody wey join dem go learn French by force within a month, they will "grind" it into you grin grin grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

God bless you for confirming the validity of this option. Tigerpaws has been calling me a Scammer on another thread just because I suggested this option to a guy stranded in the EU, rather than pursue the asylum option. That been said, their website clearly states that they will teach a volunteer the French language during training, albeit "knocking" it into your head using all means necessary. Anybody wey join dem go learn French by force within a month, they will "grind" it into you grin grin grin

God help you if Tigerpaws is on ur case grin grin grin, u need to see shriek grin grin.

Seriously, there must be a reason (s) why some Nigerians have't taken that route, learning French in a month is not 'beans' i did not see many Africans enrolling into the program, there are alot of Germans, British, Eastern Europeans and Latin Americans. I don't think that the selection progress is as easy as stated on their website.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by tigerpaws(f): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

God bless you for confirming the validity of this option. Tigerpaws has been calling me a [b]Scammer [/b]on another thread just because I suggested this option to a guy stranded in the EU, rather than pursue the asylum option. That been said, their website clearly states that they will teach a volunteer the French language during training, albeit "knocking" it into your head using all means necessary. Anybody wey join dem go learn French by force within a month, they will "grind" it into you grin grin grin

When did I call you a scammer?    undecided https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-703152.0.html

Scammer : - a person who swindles you by means of fraud, a scheme used to attempt to obtain money from a person
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by tigerpaws(f): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2011
I think I should visit the romance section often  grin  since it's [b][size=16pt]assumed[/size] [/b]I only comment on scam-related threads  undecided
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

God help you if Tigerpaws is on your case grin grin grin, u need to see shriek grin grin.

Seriously, there must be a reason (s) why some Nigerians have't taken that route, learning French in a month is not 'beans'  i did not see many Africans enrolling into the program, there are alot of Germans, British, Eastern Europeans and Latin Americans. I don't think that the selection progress is as easy as stated on their website.

I agree the selection is not easy, especially during this time of economic recession which has led to them having large numbers of volunteers who want to join. The selection process involves an IQ test, a medical test (including HIV testing), and a physical fitness test. I think it is the physical fitness test that most Nigerians would find difficult, all man dey huzzle for pepper and no body wan go gym for exercise  grin. That aside, the fact remains that it is a legitimate option for an illegal immigrant to get the French passport after 5 years of service. No harm in going to try it out for Nigerians living illegally, after all they provide feeding and accommodation throughout the process of selection, FREE FOOD grin grin grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2011
tigerpaws:

I think I should visit the romance section often  grin  since it's [b][size=16pt]assumed[/size] [/b]I only comment on scam-related threads  undecided 
That your signature dey fear me, I no go lie you. Any thread I see that signature for NL, I go run for my dear Life grin grin grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

I agree the selection is not easy, especially during this time of economic recession which has led to them having large numbers of volunteers who want to join. The selection process involves an IQ test, a medical test (including HIV testing), and a physical fitness test. I think it is the physical fitness test that most Nigerians would find difficult, all man dey huzzle for pepper and no body wan go gym for exercise  grin. That aside, the fact remains that it is a legitimate option for an illegal immigrant to get the French passport after 5 years of service. No harm in going to try it out for Nigerians living illegally, after all they provide feeding and accommodation throughout the process of selection, FREE FOOD grin grin grin

You really think that many Nigerians are not aware of this route? I mean. . .this program has being going on for years!!.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2011
I know of an Indian guy who paid 10,000 Euros to a German university for a MSc programme. As soon as he secured the Student visa from India, he used it to go straight to France to join the FFL, and luckily he was taken. He abandoned his 10,000 euros with the German university, and is today serving in the FFL at the end of which he will be getting the French passport. If Indians and Chinese can travel all the way from their respective countries to join, then why not Nigerians living illegally in the EU?! Nigerians too fear for their life jare grin

2 Likes

Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

You really think that many Nigerians are not aware of this route? I mean. . .this program has being going on for years!!.
So the question is what has an illegal living in a shengen country got to loose by going to try it out?! The answer may well be that most Nigerians when pushed to the wall will prefer to burrow into the wall and remain there in their comfort zone rather than taking risks.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

I know of an Indian guy who paid 10,000 Euros to a German university for a MSc programme. As soon as he secured the Student visa from India, he used it to go straight to France to join the FFL, and luckily he was taken. He abandoned his 10,000 euros with the German university, and is today serving in the FFL at the end of which he will be getting the French passport. If Indians and Chinese can travel all the way from their respective countries to join, then why not Nigerians living illegally in the EU?! Nigerians too fear for their life jare grin

Well. . . he will get his 10,000 euros in a yr IF selected cos they are paid about 1,000 euros monthly with accommodation, food. .etc. The draw back is to be able to understand and speak French in a month then the intense training.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

So the question is what has an illegal living in a shengen country got to loose by going to try it out?! The answer may well be that most Nigerians when pushed to the wall will prefer to burrow into the wall and remain there in their comfort zone rather than taking risks.

Some Nigerians prefer 'short cut' to certain things in life, you also have to remember that FFL don't take pple with criminal records, some Nigerians living illegally in Europe are involved in all sorts of crimes, some have destroyed any legitimate ID that could be used to identify them hence ruling out any chance of joining FFL
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

Well. . . he will get his 10,000 euros in a yr IF selected cos they are paid about 1,000 euros monthly with accommodation, food. .etc. The draw back is to be able to understand and speak French in a month then the intense training.
Any Nigerian living illegally in the EU who is determined and knows his legitimacy in Europe depends on getting the French passport go learn French within a month by force. In fact, an illegal Nigerian who gets this opportunity, after a month go even speak French pass the average French man sef grin grin grin. Whether he will survive the harsh training is another matter entirely grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 10:52am On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

Some Nigerians prefer 'short cut' to certain things in life, you also have to remember that FFL don't take pple with criminal records, some Nigerians living illegally in Europe are involved in all sorts of crimes, some have destroyed any legitimate ID that could be used to identify them hence ruling out any chance of joining FFL
True that !
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

Any Nigerian living illegally in the EU who is determined and knows his legitimacy in Europe depends on getting the French passport go learn French within a month by force. In fact, an illegal Nigerian who gets this opportunity, after a month go even speak French pass the average French man sef grin grin grin. Whether he will survive the harsh training is another matter entirely grin

You maybe right on that, but with our love for fake/forgery documents, getting selected will be even harder let alone going through to learn French.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by airmark(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

Whatever your origin, religion, nationality, regardless of your diplomas and grade level, regardless of your family or employment situation, the Foreign Legion offers a new chance for a new life ,  Why oh why are my fellow Nigerians not aware that this option exists?! Or could it be that Nigerians living illegally in the EU are aware of this option, but would rather prefer to continue living illegally rather than join a foreign army?!

@ Claremont, God bless you. We should not only criticise but also bring out benefiting information on this platform. That's how life should be. This information would definitely go a long way in turning the furtune of some people around for better. Some people knew this link existed but would never let it out because of their selfishness.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
FFL Facebook pages>>> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2502721566, https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-FRENCH-FOREIGN-LEGIONL%C3%A9gion-%C3%A9trang%C3%A8re/76085200039, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Applying-To-The-French-Foreign-Legion/169663093098255

FFL Youtube Selection and Training Videos>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildahRqe0ZA&feature=related, In the video, watch out for the black guy from mama Africa grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by shawonlese: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2011
Claremont, thanks for the awareness. I never knew this existed.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
airmark:

@ Claremont, God bless you. We should not only criticise but also bring out benefiting information on this platform. That's how life should be. This information would definitely go a long way in turning the furtune of some people around for better. Some people knew this link existed but would never let it out because of their selfishness.
shawonlese:

Claremont, thanks for the awareness. I never knew this existed.
Na God get power ma guy. They have been existing for over 150 years, and have been employing foreigners and still do to date.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by suxes2005(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
claremont,

many thanks for this thread! It will definitely help our brothers out there.
More grease to your elbow bruh!

SHALOM
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

Na God get power ma guy. They have been existing for over 150 years, and have been employing foreigners and still do to date.

That link will be up for sale pretty soon, you will see some Nigerians selling it as an e-book on how to get EU resident permit. Just watch out. They will abuse the system and ruin it for legitimate Nigerians or other Africans.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

That link will be up for sale pretty soon, you will see some Nigerians selling it as an e-book on how to get EU resident permit. Just watch out. They will abuse the system and ruin it for legitimate Nigerians or other Africans.
Exactly!!! That's why this thread becomes pertinent, just to reiterate to my fellow Nigerians that the FFL offers FREE FOOD, FREE ACCOMMODATION during and after selection, FREE FRENCH PASSPORT after completion of 5 year contract, a volunteer also GETS PAID DURING AND AFTER SELECTION.
No NLder should give money to any "travel agent" to get information about FFL, all information is available on the official website/official Facebook pages.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by nawanaija: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
hey guys thanks for your post.

what you have not addressed is whether your expiring/expired visas will be extended during the FFL program.
will they really allow somebody living without any status to be in the training prigram?
i have checked the website thorougly and cant see anywhere where it is hinted that illegals would be accepted,so am really cautious about it.
can you throw more light on this please.
cheers
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by suxes2005(m): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2011
nawanaija:

what you have not addressed is whether your expiring/expired visas will be extended during the FFL program.
will they really allow somebody living without any status to be in the training prigram?
i have checked the website thorougly and cant see anywhere where it is hinted that illegals would be accepted,so am really cautious about it.
cheers

Which documents must be carrier a candidate for the recruitment ?

The presentation of any identity cards ( on current validity ) delivered by the State of membership of the candidate is asked so as to facilitate the process of selection and recruitment (ID card, passport, driving licences, diplomas of state). In every case, an act or a birth certificate with filiation will be required before the end of the first year of contract.

^^^^^^
I guess that will help you. If i understand what they meant there, it is not necessary your visa (since they stated that anybody from any race) it might be your birth cert or any other thing!

SHALOM
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2011
nawanaija:

[b]i have checked the website thorougly and cant see anywhere where it is hinted that illegals [/b]would be accepted,so am really cautious about it.
cheers

You have to join b4 ur visa expires
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
nawanaija:

cheers
1. You don't require a visa to join, you only need your passport in order for them to confirm your date of birth. If you live in Nigeria at the moment, obviously you will need to get a shengen visa before you can be allowed to enter France, the FFL is not responsible for assisting you with any documentation to get the shengen visa, you will have to source for the shengen visa yourself. For Nigerians already living in a shengen country, it is as easy as boarding a Eurolines bus to France, because the shengen agreement means there are no check-in borders between shengen states.
2. Asylum claimants cannot join except they have a valid passport. If by "illegals" you mean people without valid visas, then yes, these persons will be welcome to join so long as they have a valid passport. The valid passport is necessary for them to be sure you fulfill the age requirements,they will also use it to cross-reference your name and date of birth with the Interpol records to be sure you are not wanted for violent crimes. Drug dealers, Bank robbers, Paedophiles are not welcome.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by juzme: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2011
I think I asylum seekers can as well join provided they can provide ID and of course you can use “fake ID” to join provided they have your original ID.
However, it is not easy as the post may be suggesting. There are merits and you have to meet their standards & criteria just like every other organization. There are always background checks. Recruitment is strict as well. Recruitment is mainly when there are potential threats ahead.
I think like the poster has suggested it is better to try your luck in joining them than seeking asylum. But the problem I think might be that if you are refused then you may be deported back to your home country as there is no international law backing it as par appealing processing.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by nawanaija: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2011
@juzme

exactly what i was thinking,
it may not be ideal for an "illegal" to join because if unsucessful,i dont see the french authorities allowing you to live just like that,DEPORTATION could be the next bet, kai

This option get chuku chuku o
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2011
nawanaija:

@juzme

exactly what i was thinking,
[b]it may not be ideal for an "illegal" to join because if unsucessful,i dont see the french authorities allowing you to live just like that[/b],DEPORTATION could be the next bet, kai

This option get chuku chuku o
First of all, someone who is illegal in the EU has nothing to loose by going to try. Secondly, the Shengen region operates a visa-less zone, as long as someone is within Shengen, no immigration bothers to ask anyone for visas.
Those persons who are unsuccessful after selection are given their passports and 20 euro/day they have spent in selection, and they are told to leave. Whether they choose to remain in France or leave to another Shengen country is not the business of the FFL, it is the business of the persons concerned themselves. Anyone who prefers to remain illegal in the EU, rather than try this option is on his own. My own na to show una the path, whether una waka the path or not no concern me grin grin grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

First of all, someone who is illegal in the EU has nothing to loose by going to try. Secondly, the Shengen region operates a visa-less zone, as long as someone is within Shengen, no immigration bothers to ask anyone for visas.
Those persons who are unsuccessful after selection are given their passports and 20 euro/day they have spent in selection, and they are told to leave. Whether they choose to remain in France or leave to another Shengen country is not the business of the FFL, it is the business of the persons concerned themselves. Anyone who prefers to remain illegal in the EU, rather than try this option is on his own. My own na to show una the path, whether una waka the path or not no concern me grin grin grin

Bros that is not entirely true, if u are traveling from one Schengen country to another. . u need to show ur passport at the point of entry, and if ur passport don't have the appropriate visa then ur journey ends there. Visa-less means that u don't need to apply for visa for each Schengen country u want to visit, all u need is one visa which will allow u to visit other Schengen countries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Press Statement Email From Dana Airline / Ghanaian High Comission Deny News Of Confisticating Nigerians' Money / List Of Businesses You Can Do As A Foreigner In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.