Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,500 members, 7,929,633 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:19 PM

How To Crush Any Goal You Have Even When You Are Afraid, Lazy Or Tired! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Crush Any Goal You Have Even When You Are Afraid, Lazy Or Tired! (117 Views)

How To Crush Any Goal You Have Even When You Are Afraid, Lazy Or Tired! / Nigeria Politics Is CRAZY!. But Our Entrepreneurs Are Very LAZY. Or-are-they?. / How To Crush It On UPWORK In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Crush Any Goal You Have Even When You Are Afraid, Lazy Or Tired! by Janeshola: 8:54am On Mar 23, 2022
HOW TO CRUSH ANY GOAL YOU HAVE EVEN WHEN YOU ARE AFRAID, LAZY
OR TIRED!

A few days ago, I was listening to some training videos by Derek Doekper and Steve Olsher and they mentioned something I found profound but true.

When dealing with challenges in our lives and we feel like giving up, if the goal to succeed is all about us, there is usually the tendency to give up.

However, when the goal is beyond ourselves, when the desire to complete the race is about
helping others, enabling them to benefit from our triumph, we usually succeed.

I know it is true because for many years, I worked from my comfort zone. I have a lot of
knowledge on several areas but was not getting the level of results I wanted.

Why? I didn’t implement the knowledge gained.
I was being lazy. Too lazy to do the work required.

I procrastinated on taking action.

However, when it seemed like I was not getting the results I wanted, I changed.

Change didn’t really come easy. I almost gave up several times.
However, when I looked beyond myself and became determined to succeed so that I could help other people in similar situations overcome their challenges, I started getting improved results.
I was more determined to stay on course.

Here is a quote from Derek Doekper.
“…Maybe I am going through this so I can learn how I got myself stuck and how I can get
myself out in order to help others. It was the desire to teach, the desire to serve, the desire to share lessons with other people that actually helped me get through my own BS or stuff that I had to work through.

Service to others can enable you work through a lot more things. It is actually a great
productivity hack. Whenever I am working on something, and it is not just for my own benefit,
and I am thinking of how much this is going to help other people, it helps me get fired up and I find that that it works for a lot of other people to help motivate and inspire them when they realise that this is about something bigger than themselves. I say be more committed to your cause, than to your comfort and that will enable you overcome a lot of fears.”

– Derek Doekper during a productivity summit.
What do you think? Have there been times when the thought of helping others achieve their goals helped you in staying on course with your goals?

Let's talk about this

(1) (Reply)

/ ➜ ➜ ➜ EXCLUSIVE & FREE ➜ ➜ ➜1-2-3-4th April ➜ Tips & Prediction / Questions For An Entreprenuer Interview / Bank Retailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.