Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? (805 Views)

Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by Odepo: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
ever since my childhood I’ve been wondering why Lions don’t attack tourist in an open vehicle,

They always seem to overlook Tourist in an open safari vehicle,

is it because the Lions are well trained to recognise that these are tourists and not prey?

if you are like me some years back wondering why Lions don’t attack tourist in an open vehicle then this article is for you,

so let’s get to it, shall we?

why Lions rarely attack tourist in an open vehicle
a lion wouldn’t think twice about attacking and individual human but for humans in an open vehicle it won’t because it sees the vehicle and the humans in it as a larger animal that is far more powerful than itself which don’t quite align with the traits of a prey.

from afar the Lions can even feel the power and vibration the safari vehicle makes which is a bit strange and unusual for the Lions, Instinct tells them straight away that they don’t stand a chance against this larger and powerful strange Beast.

Source: www.safaritour.com.ng

Note; if the Lions for whatever reason try to attack your safari vehicle, never run out of the vehicle

your best bet is in the vehicle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by Boogyman557: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

Lion No de CHOP Ganja Planter!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by pansophist(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
I watched a video of a chimpanzee and his friends riding a vehicle. Lion sha no just get sense grin
Re: Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by ednut1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
The lion is seeing a large object not just a human being. The big machines can also injure them if they attack.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by Ge0grapher(m): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Because they are usually fed very well before tourists are allowed in.. lions don't attack unless they are hungry.
Re: Why Don't Lions Attack Tourists In An Open Vehicle? by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2022
It visualises the Safari vehicle as one giantic object. Step out of the vehicle and you are game grin

(1) (Reply)

Swiss Lady Comes Back To Take Her Lions Back / UK Explains Reasons For Surge In Visa Applications By Nigerians / Nigerians Seen In Handcuffs As UAE Authorities Convey Them To The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.