Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,127 members, 7,949,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials (4813 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Foluke Mudashiru Is Dead (Former Lagos First Lady) / Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by StHercules: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2011
The former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu is finally set to take off as the Code of Conduct Tribunal where he has been charged, will be inaugurated next Tuesday.
Click the here to Read
http://nigerianewsplus..com/2011/07/former-lagos-state-governor-faces-final.html
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by OAM4J: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2011

FORMER LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR FACES FINAL TRIALS

The former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu is finally set to take off as the Code of Conduct Tribunal where he has been charged, will be inaugurated next Tuesday.
the appointment of the Tribunal board by President Goodluck Jonathan was exclusively reported by the Nigerian Tribune last week.

A statement issued in Abuja on Friday by the spokesperson of the National Judicial Council(NJC), Soji Oye, confirmed the exclusive report.

Oye’s statement disclosed that “ President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the appointment of the Chairman and two members for the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

They are: Barrister Danladi Yakubu Umar as Chairman and Justice Robert I.E. Odu (Rtd) and Barrister Atedze Aguadza as members.

According to the statement, the appointment took effect from June 24, 2011.

“The Chairman and Members of the tribunal will be sworn in by the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the National Judicial Council, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu on Tuesday, July 2011 at the Supreme Court of Nigeria at 10:00a.m,” the statement concluded.

The Code of Conduct Bureau had slammed a criminal charge of operation and maintenance of 16 foreign accounts while in office against Tinubu.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by aljharem3: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
about time

all this days

since 4 years ago he left office, this silly people allowed him to roam about

abeg let them arrest him
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by seanet03: 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2011
Continue with your pathetic delusioning. No weapon fashioned against Asiwaju Tinubu shall prosper. After all this clueless allegations that you can not even describe yourself, you are still deluding yourself against the man of the People. I hope Odechukwu does not lose his life for leading this persecution that will ultimately fail as usual. Nobody can jail Tinubu!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by EkoIle1: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2011
Waste of time and resources. This thread itself is absolute waste of bandwidth.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by satani22: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2011
Tinubu and his biased supporters need not fear. Hes not going to jail, if investigations and findings reveals his guilty of no financial impropriety or funds misappropriation
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by houvest: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2011
Yeye dey smell,
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by djustice: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2011
GEJ cannot dare Asiwaju. Asiwaju cannot be tried in Nigeria. Who will dare Asiwaju has lifetime immunity. Don't they know that he is the Governor Emeritus of Lagos State, by law?

That law of the Lagos State House of Assembly gives him immunity from kwe-kwe tribunals like Code of Conduct Tribuna. Those who want to try him, are they conducting theirselfs well at all? In fact are they well Do they know that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just got award from Ghana as the best politician in the whole of Africa

How many of them have that kind of award??

Asiwaju, maa da won lohun, ara loun ta won, O kii se egbe won, egbe baba won loun se! Ekun oko Obasanjo, egbe baba won loun se!!!

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, carry go joor. No shaking for our governor emeritus!!!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by aljharem3: 12:06am On Jul 03, 2011
djustice:

GEJ cannot dare Asiwaju. Asiwaju cannot be tried in Nigeria. Who will dare Asiwaju has lifetime immunity. Don't they know that he is the Governor Emeritus of Lagos State, by law?

That law of the Lagos State House of Assembly gives him immunity from kwe-kwe tribunals like Code of Conduct Tribuna. Those who want to try him, are they conducting theirselfs well at all? In fact are they well Do they know that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just got award from Ghana as the best politician in the whole of Africa

How many of them have that kind of award??

Asiwaju, maa da won lohun, ara loun ta won, O kii se egbe won, egbe baba won loun se! Ekun oko Obasanjo, egbe baba won loun se!!!

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, carry go joor. No shaking for our governor emeritus!!!

i really hope jonathan or efcc put this asiwaju on trial so that loud mouths like urself can be humbled
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by ZnO: 12:22am On Jul 03, 2011
Oya sing after me.
Tinubu is an ole ei, ei, oh.
He stole Lagos money, ei ei, oh
He carried drugs n US, ei ei, oh
He's ending up in prison ei, ei, oh
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by gidson12(m): 1:09am On Jul 03, 2011
^^^lol
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by ak47mann(m): 3:40am On Jul 03, 2011
baba tinuboooooooo black devils are after you! this is your last time don't worry just enjoy the ride.HAHAHA they are too consistent watch out how they want to turn your world up side down cool cool cool cheesy
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by favouredjb(f): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2011
@djustice smh,what is all this oriki all about,has he turned into a demigod?

there's nobody too old or too big for God to handle
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by nduchucks: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Waste of time and resources. This thread itself is absolute waste of bandwidth.

Would you please tell us why this is a waste of time and resoures? The Code of Conduct Bureau had slammed a criminal charge of operation and maintenance of 16 foreign accounts while in office against Tinubu. What is wrong with having this man whom you admire greatly defending himself and settig the record straight once and for all?

I never imagined that you'd fall under the category of people who oppose the prosecution of any of their leaders simply because he/she is from their region or tribe. Please tell me that you are not an enabler of these alleged criminals. Don't disappoint me because I really believe that you are not opposed to the rule of law in anyway,
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by igiaje: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2011
the good people of Lagos u cant imagine a great armed robber like asiwaju okay they keep saying it his the best politician like the old late politician awolowo, Abraham adesanyan and other in the history when they have a problem in Nigeria he accomplished them in London that is the only special offer he has ever offered Nigeria and all the rest and his a drug dealer a traitor and selfish leader.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by ak47mann(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Would you please tell us why this is a waste of time and resoures? The Code of Conduct Bureau had slammed a criminal charge of operation and maintenance of 16 foreign accounts while in office against Tinubu. What is wrong with having this man whom you admire greatly defending himself and settig the record straight once and for all?

I never imagined that you'd fall under the category of people who oppose the prosecution of any of their leaders simply because he/she is from their region or tribe. Please tell me that you are not an enabler of these alleged criminals. Don't disappoint me because I really believe that you are not opposed to the rule of law in anyway,

you are very right SW should stop worshiping criminals that's their major problem they should look for some one that will fix their region not only fashola, other states in SW look at their states is an eye sore  and those states have produce president and speakers etc they use to say igbo no get kings looking at SW i prefer SE republican way of thinking. cool
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by temmytanny(m): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2011
You Tinubu haters should stop fooling youselves. What OBJ failed in doing, GEJ can never do. He is smarter than them all(except GOD)
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by aljharem3: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
temmytanny:

You Tinubu haters should stop fooling youselves. What OBJ failed in doing, GEJ can never do. He is smarter than them all(except GOD)

u are very silly for that statement

rubbish, ah the day they arrest tinubu, u all will go to 3rd mainland brigbe and hang urselves
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by Baawaa(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2011
I believe Tinubu will soon join Adedibu!!!!because wat dey criticized Adedibu for ,is wat dey ar doing nw!!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by Ty207: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
Imagine dis theif want 2 pump lagosian money into aviation sector, greedy/selfish politician go n face d law.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by koyaabj: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2011
When has it become a crime to perform, BAT performed during his term in office, his cousin too perform and he is still performing miracle in lagos.
same lagos that some peolpe have giving up all hope about has turn into mega city. Code of coduct bureau my foot, let them start from mr presido himself then cascade down the hill.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by temmytanny(m): 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
alj_harem:

rubbish, ah the day they arrest tinubu, u all will go to 3rd mainland brigbe and hang urselves

Poor English, correct your self before i reply you. PUTA!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by beeman80: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2011
Has GEJ tried his wife Patience for money laundering? Has he also explained to Nigerians why some PDP states rigged elections desperately? This is all political war.If you are against them,they look for rubbish to throw on you.Whether PDP likes it or not ACN has come to liberate the masses.While Gbenga was fighting,Akala was bleaching and Babatunde et Tinubu were working.The PDP should stop hating and follow suit.The PDP camp is full of Murderers,Election riggers,Money launderers(Bankole) and retrogressive lots.They are desperate and ready to drag this great nation down.GEJ has been unable to catch the bombers,solve security issues and put food on the table of the common man.GEJ is only trying to digress issues and take our minds from the current failed state caused by his caucus.TINUBU is the man any time any day even in his imperfection we love his bravery.3 gbosaz for TINUBU,gbosa!,gbosa!!,gbosa!!!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
alj_harem:

And I thought you were an enemy of democracy grin
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by EkoIle1: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
ndu_chucks:

[b]
I never imagined that you'd fall under the category of people who oppose the prosecution of any of their leaders simply because he/she is from their region or tribe. [/b]Please tell me that you are not an enabler of these alleged criminals. Don't disappoint me because I really believe that you are not opposed to the rule of law in anyway,

That sounds very sad and unfortunate because I did not assert such ridiculous nonsense, stating that this is another waste of time and resources as I stated emanated from the fact that our justice system is too lousy and the folks involved are too incompetent to purvey any kind of meaningful outcome as we've seen decades after decades since our independence.

This has nothing to do with Tinubu and the fact that you quickly attributed my response to Tinubu and me defending Tinubu remains an obvious reflection of your own intellectual prejudice and biased state of mind.
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
I stand a better chance of beating Klitschko in a boxing bout than for GEJ to arrest Tinubu
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by temmytanny(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
dayokanu:

I stand a better chance of beating Klitschko in a boxing bout than for GEJ to arrest Tinubu

Many wouldnt believe what u said now but its true
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by daphil: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
A very welcome development. grin
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by success4(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
Tinubu is still innocent until proved otherwise so let us watch out.

For those saying waste of bandwidth or waste of time, I can only laugh them to scorn grin
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by success4(m): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
temmytanny:

Poor English, correct your self before i reply you. PUTA!

Oloyinbo, nothing bad if you emend it!
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by juman(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
No shaking
Re: Former Lagos State Governor Faces Final Trials by lagcity(m): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
It would be nice if corrupt officials or ex officials can be jailed but the ones jailing them are also corrupt. i don't think the charges are going to stick on Tinubu. If Tinubu is not top opposition leader, then he has cause to worry. If Tinubu is jailed, there will be serious uproar from ACN people who are growing more powerful everyday. Even if Tinubu is guilty of the charges, ACN will spin it to "political persecution" and give Jonathan massive headache. As you guys know, Papa Jona can't handle this right now, he has got the boko haram problem in his throat already. If the government does not want another trouble on its hands, then it has to put on trial 2 PDP officials for every 1 ACN, APGA, or ANPP person it tries.

ak47mann:

you are very right SW should stop worshiping criminals that's their major problem they should look for some one that will fix their region not only fashola, other states in SW look at their states is an eye sore and those states have produce president and speakers etc they use to say igbo no get kings looking at SW i prefer SE republican way of thinking. cool

ha ha. Republican ko, Democrat ni. ppl sound retarded when they mention that "republican" nonsense. what does SE have to do with republican? I thought you guys are jews. Abi you've suddenly traced your magomago ancestry back to Ancient Greece or Rome?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRESH AIR In The Nigeria Police Force!! / I Will Reveal A Dirty Secret Election Strategy Of APC (PDP Take Note) / JUST IN! Buhari Appoints Chief Of Staff (UPDATED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.