Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Cherubim, What Are They? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cherubim, What Are They? (452 Views)

Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church / Prophet Sunday Michael Accused Of Ritual. Ondo Cherubim & Seraphim Church Sealed / Dr. David Bob Manuel, Announced As New Prelate Cherubim and Seraphim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
The cherubim are one of the types of angels mentioned in the bible.
The singular form is cherub while the plural form is cherubim.
The first time angels were mentioned in the bible was in Genesis and they were cherubims.

The form of two cherub were made facing each other with their wings torching each other while the ark of the Covenant was in the middle.

The image of the cherubim was woven in the coltons of the temples.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Exodus 37:9 And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another; even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims.

The mercy seat represents the God seat itself.
God is said to dwell in the midst of the cherubim,

The book of Ezekiel describe the awesome form of the cherubim.
Also I believe the four beast before the throne in Revelation are the cherubim.

Lucifer himself was a cherub.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

When Adam fell God place cherubim and a revolving sword of fire that turns every to prevent access to the garden

It seems cherubim are in charge of granting access or denying access.

The cherubim were placed overseeing the mercy seat of which access is not granted without the shedding blood and only for a limited time but thank God the blood of Jesus provide us with express and unlimited access to the mercy seat no wonder Hebrews saidwe should come bodly.

John was called into the revelation of end time events by the cherubim.
Each seal christ broke a cherub calls John to come and see.

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

In Ezekiel the cherubim were describe as having a wheel within a wheel under them full of eyes and the rims so huge and on earth.
Above the cherubim was a firmament with a throne and someone seated on it.

The cherubim themselves had four faces each one of them
The face of a man the face of an ox or bull, the face of a lion and he face of an eagle.

But what do all these mean?
The wheels where on
earth and so huge, full of eyes and a wheel within a wheel represent the power of God that rules all things. Things happen because God allowed them to happen and all fulfill his will at the end.

The eyes is the fact that God is aware of everything happening, he sees everyone inside out. The word of is sharper than any two edged sword and nothing is hidden from his eyes. God sees all things and perfectly control of all things, we as believers in christ need not to be afraid.

The face of a lion represent the kingship of God and the fact that Jesus is the coming king.

The face of an eagle represent God's timeliness in all he does.

The face of a man represent God's uprightnes and wisdom in all he does.

The face of a bull or an ox represent God's ability to perform his will.

Messianic interpretation of the faces of the cherubim

Is it a coincidence that there are four books of the gospel, each book of the gospel focuses on specific character of christ.

Mathew focuses on the kingship of Jesus, that Jesus is the Son of David and hence the rightful heir to the throne of Israel-- the face of a lion.

Mark focuses on the fact that Jesus is the sufering servant, the burden carrier--- the face of an ox or bull.

Luke focus on the fact that Jesus Is a perfect sinless man --- the face of a man

John focus on Jesus divinity, John 1vv1 said Jesus is God--- the face of an eagle.

In the prophet revealed in his revelation The cherubim moves either to and from or side ways, they never turn, they move like lightening.

God never lies nor contradict himself, he is God the one that is always on time.

Jesus would someday appear as lightening appear in the sky and he would rule all nations with a rod of Iron and his kingdom shall last forever and ever. Amen.

1 Share

Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by chiefolododo(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Yes..

Cherubim protect the glory of God , because God himself is light and dwell and n light unapproachable, when the chief priest come to minster in His presence, He is too glorious, his glory must be covered so that the priest will not be consumed.

The Seraphim, these ones keep the jealousy of God. They are jealous for God, when Heod misyerned , they smote him immediately. Shalom

...of which we cannot now speak particularly...HEBREWS 9:5
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Aaronsrod: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Cherubs will meet us when we make Heaven.

When I see them on Christmas cards I smile in the knowledge of this.

I wonder how they will sing.

1 Like

Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
chiefolododo:
Yes..

Cherubim protect the glory of God , because God himself is light and dwell and n light unapproachable, when the chief priest come to minster in His presence, He is too glorious, his glory must be covered so that the priest will not be consumed.

The Seraphim, these ones keep the jealousy of God. They are jealous for God, when Heod misyerned , they smote him immediately. Shalom

...of which we cannot now speak particularly...HEBREWS 9:5
Yeap
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
Aaronsrod:

The image of those babies are not what the cherubim biblically look like.
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by orisa37: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2022
THEY'RE THE SPIRITS OF GRAVITY.
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by 1Sharon(f): 6:38am On Mar 24, 2022
Fiction lol

Grow up.
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by AntiChristian: 6:42am On Mar 24, 2022
Cherubim and seraphim!
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by obonujoker(m): 6:51am On Mar 24, 2022
I think Lucifer was a cherub or arch angel?
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
obonujoker:
I think Lucifer was a cherub or arch angel?
A cherub
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
God is awesome
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Typ
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Yes
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Truvelisback(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
Steep:
The cherubim are one of the types of angels mentioned in the bible.
The singular form is cherub while the plural form is cherubim.
The first time angels were mentioned in the bible was in Genesis and they were cherubims.

The form of two cherub were made facing each other with their wings torching each other while the ark of the Covenant was in the middle.

The image of the cherubim was woven in the coltons of the temples.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Exodus 37:9 And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another; even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims.

The mercy seat represents the God seat itself.
God is said to dwell in the midst of the cherubim,

The book of Ezekiel describe the awesome form of the cherubim.
Also I believe the four beast before the throne in Revelation are the cherubim.

Lucifer himself was a cherub.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

When Adam fell God place cherubim and a revolving sword of fire that turns every to prevent access to the garden

It seems cherubim are in charge of granting access or denying access.

The cherubim were placed overseeing the mercy seat of which access is not granted without the shedding blood and only for a limited time but thank God the blood of Jesus provide us with express and unlimited access to the mercy seat no wonder Hebrews saidwe should come bodly.

John was called into the revelation of end time events by the cherubim.
Each seal christ broke a cherub calls John to come and see.

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

In Ezekiel the cherubim were describe as having a wheel within a wheel under them full of eyes and the rims so huge and on earth.
Above the cherubim was a firmament with a throne and someone seated on it.

The cherubim themselves had four faces each one of them
The face of a man the face of an ox or bull, the face of a lion and he face of an eagle.

But what do all these mean?
The wheels where on
earth and so huge, full of eyes and a wheel within a wheel represent the power of God that rules all things. Things happen because God allowed them to happen and all fulfill his will at the end.

The eyes is the fact that God is aware of everything happening, he sees everyone inside out. The word of is sharper than any two edged sword and nothing is hidden from his eyes. God sees all things and perfectly control of all things, we as believers in christ need not to be afraid.

The face of a lion represent the kingship of God and the fact that Jesus is the coming king.

The face of an eagle represent God's timeliness in all he does.

The face of a man represent God's uprightnes and wisdom in all he does.

The face of a bull or an ox represent God's ability to perform his will.

Messianic interpretation of the faces of the cherubim

Is it a coincidence that there are four books of the gospel, each book of the gospel focuses on specific character of christ.

Mathew focuses on the kingship of Jesus, that Jesus is the Son of David and hence the rightful heir to the throne of Israel-- the face of a lion.

Mark focuses on the fact that Jesus is the sufering servant, the burden carrier--- the face of an ox or bull.

Luke focus on the fact that Jesus Is a perfect sinless man --- the face of a man

John focus on Jesus divinity, John 1vv1 said Jesus is God--- the face of an eagle.

In the prophet revealed in his revelation The cherubim moves either to and from or side ways, they never turn, they move like lightening.

God never lies nor contradict himself, he is God the one that is always on time.

Jesus would someday appear as lightening appear in the sky and he would rule all nations with a rod of Iron and his kingdom shall last forever and ever. Amen.

The Four Beast or Four Living Creatures aren't Cherubim.
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Truvelisback(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
Aaronsrod:

Those Babies u see on Christmas cards aren't Cherubim.
Re: The Cherubim, What Are They? by Steep(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
The Four Beast or Four Living Creatures aren't Cherubim.
They are cherubim.

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Security - A Message From The Pit Of Hell / Ademola Adeleke Dancing In Church / How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.