Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,204 members, 7,950,164 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

The Many Troubles Of Tobi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Many Troubles Of Tobi (323 Views)

Troubles Of Our Own - New Series / Nku And His Many Troubles. / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Many Troubles Of Tobi by tomtween1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
First and foremost, I'd like to give a big shout out to brightfuture24... A wonderful soul she is! Bless her

I'd be writing a very relatable story about Tobi; a young, struggling man of faith, who is at the verge of giving up on the God he has always loved and believed in.

Would he give up? Read on to find out...

Please no part of this story should be printed or duplicated.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Troubles Of Tobi by tomtween1(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
The many troubles of Tobi

"I tire, I tire" Tobi muttered these words gently,
as he shut his room door slowly behind him.

Walking sluggishly to the kitchen, he flung his brown envelope carelessly to the floor while he roughly took off his neck tie.

Upon getting to the kitchen, he realised that the little garri he had left, had been soaked with palm oil.

He walked back to the room sorrowfully and fell face-ward on his bed.

A drop of tear rolled out of his eyes and fell on his cheeks.
The thought of the onslaught hunger was about bringing his way caused him to start wailing.

He came off bed, took the position of a fetus and laid on the bare, cold floor.

He wrapped his left arm around his stomach while he held his mouth with his right hand. This, he did to prevent his neighbours from listening to his bitter, loud cries.

While Tobi wailed, he took breaks to lament his pains to the God he has always believed in.

In his first lamentation, Tobi said, "I am smart and I am hardworking with nothing to show for. look at Ali, just three months into bombing, Ali is now a big boy. Lord, don't you care if I perish? Don't you care if I go to hell? Even my earthly dad won't tempt me this much before helping me"

He wailed yet again and took another break for his second lamentation, "Lord, you were there when my fiance, Kemi, looked at me dead in the eye and scornfully said, 'good boys are poor boys'... Lord, you were there"

He began to wail bitterly again. This time, he laid on his back, facing the ceiling with his hands on his head. Veins were noticeably visible, even in the dark.

Suddenly, a vision opened up before him and he screamed, "not again Lord, I'm tired of all these visions".

In a desperate attempt to scuttle this vision, he shut his eyes as tight as he could, but this vision transcended his eyes as it went on in his mind's eye.

In this vision, he saw himself in soldier khaki leading a group of men, also in khaki. The only weapon they had was a book he presumed to be the scriptures of his God.

Upon seeing this vision, in pains he mumbled, "Lord, I've failed so much, please give this vision to Emeka, he has everything going on fine"

Suddenly, a chilly-wind blew softly through the window, west of his room.
This wind gave him so many goose bumps that he decided to open his eyes and shut the window.

Upon opening his eyes, He saw a being standing by his reading table, eastward of his room.

This being had the shape of a human but with no visible human attribute as it was all light.

Like torrents of lightning, fear ran through his blood stream and the being said ….

TBC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Nubian Beauty (appreciating Black) / Products To Use To Have A Curly Hair A Must Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.