Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,334 members, 7,881,239 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:56 PM

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult (69053 Views)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Heroicvic:
1. You people are our problem in this continent.... You won't allow someone breathes with the way you twist your scriptural verses to suit your irrelevant claims.

2. Can we as humans wish for something and go for it without all these claims of Hellfire and rapture?

3. Our problem right now is bad leadership and someone will not have sexual urges in peace in this heat period? If you want to help us as a country kindly admonish our leaders who are on looting spree leaving millions of people in penury

4. Modified: anyone that quote to troll me here will face serious consequences that they've never faced as an individual on this platform (in Putin's voice) I dey vex
Meanwhile I want to travel out on student visa, any help?
1. I believe you are problem enough for your own self as you have sought, several times now, to twist scripture to make it say what it doesn't say at all. undecided

2. No one told you here that you must believe in Jesus Christ. Recall, the teachings in scripture only apply to those who believe. Those who don't don't need to concern themselves with what is written. undecided

3. Your problem, not mine! I am not concerned about the leaders of your country or of this world. undecided

4. Good for you! undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
SyndyB:
You don't interpret the Scriptures like your textbooks. I Will advice you to seek Holy Spirit to help you understand Biblical lines.
Look up the meaning of the word "interpret" and you will see that I have attempted none of that here since the Book is easily comprehended using basic language comprehension skills. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ never said you need the Holy Spirit to understand the Truth of God. In Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28 & Matthew 25 vs 29 , Jesus instead explains that all you need to do is use the understanding that you currently have and only only will more understanding be given to you. So rather than spew the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) I suggest you visit the Truth of God as written in the Gospels so you can learn of Jesus Christ and God's New Covenant. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Eaglesence: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
jackcanfield:
wink If your divorce is not finalized go and date your husband again. If it happens fine, you wouldn't feel guilty.

Hummm, salute. Never heard it this way. It is well with her. A lota us are in the same situation. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Eaglesence: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided

Sin in tge sight of God is what you engage in in your heart /thoughts and the practice if it. Gid is against them both ways.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by SyndyB(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Look up the meaning of the word "interpret" and you will see that I have attempted none of that here since the Book is easily comprehended using basic language comprehension skills. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ never said you need the Holy Spirit to understand the Truth of God. In Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28 & Matthew 25 vs 29 , Jesus instead explains that all you need to do is use the understanding that you currently have and only only will more understanding be given to you. So rather than spew the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) I suggest you visit the Truth of God as written in the Gospels so you can learn of Jesus Christ and God's New Covenant. undecided

Now I know you are one of these heresy speakers. You don't need Holy Spirit to understand the Scriptures? You don't worth my time! Please continue in your fooling around.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by KLand(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
If you fear God, you already know that marriage is the safest place for sex.

I don't know what caused your separation, but no marriage is beyond restoration.

God can help you whatever you desire, if your desire pleases him.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Gainman: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
Baba40:

I think she left the husband instead the way she left was on a bitter note... Her pride wont let her go back to beg, yet, the olosho is shouting God
the truth is that most women believed that so far they are going to church or calling God's name they can't be wrong. What me I know is a man can never leave a good wife. Most of these single mother caused their own problem. Though I know some men do Bleep up and most of d Bleep up is having extra marital affairs outside. Most of these women leave d husband may be because of temporary financial problem. If a man can marry u when u don't have anything,why did u leave him when he has problem. All of them do come online blaming men. Remember there is God watching all of us because I know if your daughter in-law should treat your son this same way. U will not tolerate it.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by godliman: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God never said anything about you or anyone overcoming sin by His Grace...that bullsheet idea was sold to you by your Pastors and Mogs, not Jesus Christ who never once said it is by some grace that you overcome sin. undecided

Jesus Christ never told the woman caught in the act of adultery to go and sin no more only by grace, neither did He teach that it is because of grace that they can live above sin. undecided
Someone here called you a Pharisee, I think I now agree with him
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Born2conquer: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Go on one month holiday of twitter, instagram, p0rn... you go see the difference.
Unfortunately bro, going offline for a month is risky.
We are online for news, opportunities and the rest.

Imagine going offline last month, I fhoor no know sey Russian don dey attack Ukraine.

If only there's a way to block seductive posts online, it would have been better.

Ladies of this generation now prefer wearing ashawo gowns that reveals flesh, nipples and those seductive pose.

Mhen, may God keep strengthening us
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Eaglesence:
Sin in tge sight of God is what you engage in in your heart /thoughts and the practice if it. Gid is against them both ways.
I think it is essential to stress the difference between the two because it is important to note. undecided

For instance in God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, a standard given by God to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, the following are examples of sin from that Law

* Thou shall not kill - Exodus 20 vs 13
* Thou shall not commit adultery - Exodus 20 vs 14

One thing to note is the Old laws defined sin in the form of physical acts carried out in disobedience of God's commandments. undecided

However, when you consider entries in God's New Covenant Law and standard for those who belong to the Kingdom of God, you find the opposite to apply

* Anger in your heart against anther make you guilty of sin of murder- Matthew 5 vs 21 - 22
* When you sexually lust after another, you are guilty of sin of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28

Here, in Jesus Christ, rather than the physical acts beig sin, instead it is the lustings of the heart that are considered sin. And since we cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God, it follows that one either submit wholly to the spiritual law that is Jesus Christ and God's Will or one avoid Jesus Christ entirely. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Eaglesence: 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
udoji2021:

Chai!
who and who will make heaven liedis?

E no be easy o. But God is faithful. We are the ones as individuals drawn away by our own lust. For instance; The way the Eskimos kill wolfs for food and whatever else is to coat a knife with blood for about 5 times. (Wolfs, like most other carnivores animals cannot resist the smell of blood). An Eskimo hunter after coating his sharp knife, will plant it somewhat in the forest. Then a wolf smells it fr afar, comes by because it perceived blood, the animal starts licking on the knife and while at it, starts cutting its on tongue unknowingly and because of its inability to resist the temptation of blood, it keeps licking and then it starts swallowing its on blood thinking it is still the blood it initially tasted. Soon its greed causes it to swallow the blade which finally kills it.
The difference between man (us) and animals is that we have the God given power and ability to resist temptation, but animals do not. All the devil does is to place a temptation on our way via the things we see, hear and think on and the devil leaves the rest of the action to us. If we fall into sin, then we are like animals that can not resist what can subsequently destroy. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. Perfect repentance and remaining in the will of God is the only way.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by titusmichael27(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=111357240]1. That isn't true at all. It is indeed possible to be holy/perfect aka free from bondage to sin. undecided
Okay let's see this in the right way. Holy in the side of God is not what you think of, neither would you ever be able to understand. He accepted us just the way we are. You can't be holy , he make you holy. Have you ever heard this saying? " to whom the lord calls he qualify" He purify you and make you worthy of His presence. Think about Moses, think about Noah. He's not looking for the holy people but those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit. This was the beautiful art that saved the thief on the cross.
Christ is our holiness. Without him we can't do it. Remember the rich man in the scripture?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by luminouz(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Seems so. With all the processed food you all b eating these days

Lol...

I'm not part of them, I can assure you!!!

Wanna bet, momma? grin
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Coolgent(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

It's 18months I have been separated and there is no getting back together.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

I just need some words of encouragement.

Its really not easy and it has become some sort of distraction.

The reason I do not want to have a male friend is because of my fear for God.

In my religion fasting assist in subduing sexual desire, i suggest you should consider it.
Secondly get married as soon as you can cos you cant defy nature
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
titusmichael27:
1. Okay let's see this in the right way. Holy in the side of God is not what you think of, neither would you ever be able to understand.

2. He accepted us just the way we are. You can't be holy , he make you holy. Have you ever heard this saying? " to whom the lord calls he qualify" He purify you and make you worthy of His presence.

3. Think about Moses, think about Noah. He's not looking for the holy people but those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit. This was the beautiful art that saved the thief on the cross.

4. Christ is our holiness. Without him we can't do it. Remember the rich man in the scripture?
1. Wrong! Holiness refers to the aspect of living in full compliance of God's Law. God is God of Law and His Law defines the contract relationships aka Covenant between God and men. God is Holy God meaning that no matter what the other party to the agreement does, God always holds up His end of His agreement with men.

Men on the other hand are notorious for violating their end of the agreement with God. When men choose to commit sin against God .I.e. disobey or violate the terms and conditions of the agreement with God, they become unholy by it in the agreement. undecided

2. Wrong! God's expectation is that those who wish to benefit from His agreement will be holy/perfect even as He is Holy. For this reason God sent to us the Law called Jesus Christ, an easy Yoke and light burden to bear - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - stating that when we live in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ, God's Law and Truth, that that become His followers. When you know the Truth of God, the Truth in turn sets you free from bondage to sin transforming you into Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 32 - aka Holy/Perfect vessels who God's own Holy Spirit can then inhabit and use. undecided

3. Even during the time of Moses and Noah, God called men to Holiness... Exodus 19 vs 6 & Leviticus 20 vs 26 & Leviticus 21 vs 8 . God always demands Holiness/Perfection from those He gives Law or Covenant.

The thief on the cross, who was saved by Old Covenant Law, was vindicated by God's ruling in Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20.. undecided

4. Jesus Christ is indeed Holy, and those who follow Him are also called to be Holy even as His Father in Heaven in Holy. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Coolgent:
In my religion fasting assist in subduing sexual desire, i suggest you should consider it.
Secondly get married as soon as you can cos you cant defy nature
Starvation diets do not suppress sexual desire. I suggest you ask others in your religion for clarification. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what you don't like is that Jesus Christ said that you commit sin of adultery against God when you lust in your heart after a woman, in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 ? undecided

Your issue is clearly with Jesus Christ and not with me,it seems. undecided

Does that verse include a woman you're legally married to?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ibinaboonline: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go and sit down.
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Does that verse include a woman you're legally married to?
Ofcourse not! When you are married... you become one with the one you are married to. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Alaganature09(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
thorpido:
It's a process na
She needs to allow herself to be open to the process.

Las las nah to chop and go dem go use am do
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Aaay: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yeah
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by felixawe(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Make friends with people of same faith, keep ur mind busy by studying the word.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Coolgent(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Starvation diets do not suppress sexual desire. I suggest you ask others in your religion for clarification. undecided

Atleast it worked for me
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
Coolgent:

Atleast it worked for me
What worked wasn't the starvation diet but instead something else that could have maybe been a side-effect of the starvation diet or something else you were doing at about the same time, but most definitely not starvation diet itself. undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ThaThinka: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
I think it's worth stating that we shouldn't let what we believe be simply what someone claims. If anybody claims to explain the Scriptures the correct way, try to do your own study as well!

As they say, Google is your friend. You can find commentaries on virtually every portion of the Bible online. Read and synthesise.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Hakeem3(m): 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

Having fear of God is good. But don’t you think you should let someone into your life? How long can you continue to stay as a woman without having the feel of a man in your life? Just how long can you continue this way? Give it a second chance. It just might work out this time around.. but always involve God in all of it. Shalom.!
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Heroicvic(m): 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I believe you are problem enough for your own self as you have sought, several times now, to twist scripture to make it say what it doesn't say at all. undecided

2. No one told you here that you must believe in Jesus Christ. Recall, the teachings in scripture only apply to those who believe. Those who don't don't need to concern themselves with what is written. undecided

3. Your problem, not mine! I am not concerned about the leaders of your country or of this world. undecided

4. Good for you! undecided

Since you know that we're the cause of our problems and it doesn't concern you
Why can't you let us live in peace without your useless scriptural quotation

If you quote me again thunder will strike you dead
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by titusmichael27(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Wrong! Holiness refers to the aspect of living in full compliance of God's Law. God is God of Law and His Law defines the contract relationships aka Covenant between God and men. God is Holy God meaning that no matter what the other party to the agreement does, God always holds up His end of His agreement with men.

Men on the other hand are notorious for violating their end of the agreement with God. When men choose to commit sin against God .I.e. disobey or violate the terms and conditions of the agreement with God, they become unholy by it in the agreement. undecided

2. Wrong! God's expectation is that those who wish to benefit from His agreement will be holy/perfect even as He is Holy. For this reason God sent to us the Law called Jesus Christ, an easy Yoke and light burden to bear - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - stating that when we live in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ, God's Law and Truth, that that become His followers. When you know the Truth of God, the Truth in turn sets you free from bondage to sin transforming you into Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 32 - aka Holy/Perfect vessels who God's own Holy Spirit can then inhabit and use. undecided

3. Even during the time of Moses and Noah, God called men to Holiness... Exodus 19 vs 6 & Leviticus 20 vs 26 & Leviticus 21 vs 8 . God always demands Holiness/Perfection from those He gives Law or Covenant.

The thief on the cross, who was saved by Old Covenant Law, was vindicated by God's ruling in Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20.. undecided

4. Jesus Christ is indeed Holy, and those who follow Him are also called to be Holy even as His Father in Heaven in Holy. undecided
The op told us that she's been faithful for eighteen months, and that she did it out of love for God. This is to show you that she's striving to hold on to what she believe is right. You came up with all this holy holy teaching which is not the point. You know when I remember the story about the adulterous lady in John 8. I marvel at that judgement by Christ. You need to calm down and see the bigger picture here. Is Christ . Nothing else. Not even your holiness can save you.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Heroicvic:
Since you know that we're the cause of our problems and it doesn't concern you
Why can't you let us live in peace without your useless scriptural quotation

If you quote me again thunder will strike you dead
Stop seeking attention abeg! undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
titusmichael27:
1. The op told us that she's been faithful for eighteen months, and that she did it out of love for God. This is to show you that she's striving to hold on to what she believe is right.

2. You came up with all this holy holy teaching which is not the point. You know when I remember the story about the adulterous lady in John 8. I marvel at that judgement by Christ.

3. You need to calm down and see the bigger picture here. Is Christ . Nothing else. Not even your holiness can save you.
1. And I explained to OP that God is not concerned much about her physical activities since what He commands is instead that her abstinence be of her the heart. I wanted her to know the Truth of God. undecided

2. There is nothing "holy holy" about any of what I said. If you really understood the story of the adulterous woman, you would understand why Jesus Christ ended the conversation by commanding the woman to go and sin no more. He didn't just say go your way.... instead He demanded that she sin no more. Why?. Why He needed her to be aware of what is importance to God and that is that she sin no more Aka holiness. undecided

3. Stop and think next time! undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kunja2: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

your fear of God yeah? But you're separated and about getting a divorce.

If I may ask, why are you guys separated?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by FWESHVEIN(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Sexual feeling ain't natura? Baba u fail this one oooo. The sexual organ don't develop from birth na, Kai.

They actually are normal. More so, without them you won't be attracted to the opposite sex. Self control is also instilled on you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / My Single Neighbor Came Knocking At My Door Late In The Night / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.