Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,966 members, 7,903,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult (69482 Views)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by shalomm: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2022
agabaI23:
You will need more information before you come to that conclusion
Agreed. But I read the post and she never mentioned marital infedilty as a cause of the divorce.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by AABBIIMM(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided
Someone needs an encouragement and you're here proving a point.
How does this encourages her, have you now offered a solution to her or you have raise the dust the more?
Well, woman they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.
And I pray that God's grace will be your strength in this time.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by shaibu123: 9:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Call your husband and settle your issues with him, if you claim that you are a child of God.
Divorce is not an option.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by kemma002(f): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2022
From experience honestly it's not easy,but keep pushing and get yourself busy with work and all.you'll be fine by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by josephft2000: 9:54am On Mar 25, 2022
YOU'RE JUST PUNISHING YOURSELF FOR NOTHING SAKE. WHEN YOU'RE HOT, LET A SELECTED GUY BLAST THE HELL OUT OF YOUR PUSSY - NOT A SIN
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by VEHINTOLAR: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Oyelekevictor:
quote author=VEHINTOLAR post=111349315]

To start with,I sincerely commend your efforts so far. Sincerely speaking,it's not easy to hold it down for good eighteen months ! It can only be done by a God fearing person who is very determined to come clean before her creator.

Having said that,I must tell you however that the only solution there is to your situation is to remarry if there is no way of reconciling with your Ex husband. You will eventually give in to the hormonal pressure if you do not take a step to either remarry or reconcile with your Ex. I think you need to consider remarriage since you said there is no way of getting back together with your Ex husband. As you may know,you can't get sexually involved with any other man except you're married to such man;God frowns seriously against fornication and adultery.

You need the holy spirit now more than ever to be able to overcome the pressure. You therefore,need constant prayer,fasting and reading of the holy scriptures to handle your situation.

I wish you all the very best my sister.

What does your Bible say about divorce,and remarriage]

I'm not even a christian ! How about that ?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by AABBIIMM(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

So the thought of sex coming through my mind has already made me a sinner?
Don't mind him jare.
The devil can give a thought through a person's mind, does that means the person has sinned? Especially, when the thought is rebuked by God's Word.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Hungerbadoo: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

It's 18months I have been separated and there is no getting back together.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

I just need some words of encouragement.

Its really not easy and it has become some sort of distraction.

The reason I do not want to have a male friend is because of my fear for God.
Read your signature out loud then thank me later
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ajayiopy: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

MADAM, WE ALL FACE CHALLENGES IN OUR MARRIAGES DAILY.
LET ME SHARE WITH YOU MY OWN EXPERIENCE:
I GOT MARRIED IN 2010 AND MY WIFE WAS A BEST WOMAN FOR ME THEN BUT IMMEDIATELY WE GOT MARRIED I NOTICED SO MANY NEGATIVE CHANGES WHICH I TRIED TO CORRECT BUT NO WAY. I MANAGED THE SITUATION FOR TWO YEARS AND WHEN I COULD NOT,I CALLED HER MOTHER AND NARRATED THE WHOLE STUFF.I ACTUALLY WANTED HER TO PUT HER IN ORDER BUT WHAT I GOT WAS CONTRARY AND I HAD TO APOLOGIZED TO MY MOTHER IN LAW FOR PEACE TO REIGN AND FOR THE SAKE OF MY LITTLE DAUGHTER. I WAS SO SURE THAT I CAN NEVER DIVORCE AND THE MATTER ON GROUND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INFIDELITY BUT INSOBURDINATION AND ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY.
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT AM A FIGHTER BY DEFAULT BUT NOT PHYSICAL, SO I DECIDED TO ACTIVATE SILENT MODE JUST LOOKING AT EVERYONE AND COMMITTED TO MY LIFE,ENGAGE 24 HOURS,EXPLORE SO MANY BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES WHICH ARE HELPING ME TODAY.
I REALISED THAT MY WIFE WAS COMMUNICATING WITH HER PARENTS AND THAT GAVE HER ANOTHER BOOSTER TO BE MORE DISRESPECTFUL UNTIL ONE DAY HER MOTHER ASKED HER IF AM STILL HAVING SEX WITH HER AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF THE FAMILY AND SHE SAID YES,AT THAT POINTS THEY WERE ALL DISAPPONTED BECAUSE THEY WERE EXPECTING TO COME BACK AND BEG. WHEN THE ISSUE WAS TOO MUCH TO BEAR I REQUESTED FOR TRANSFER IN MY PLACE OF WORK TO THE NORTH EAST AND I WAS GRANTED WITH HUGE TRANSFER AND HAZARD ALLOWANCES.
SAME WEEK I LEFT MY WIFE EVERYBODY FELL SICK IN MY HOUSE INCLUDING CHILDREN,COOK AND GATEMAN . I WAS CALLED AND I TOLD THEM THAT THE BEST I CAN DO IS TO SEND A DOCTOR TO ATTEND TO THE SITUATION,LONG STORY SHORT MY WIFE SPENT 3-WEEKS IN HOSPITAL AND AFTER SHE WAS DISCHARGED,SHE CONFESSED TO ME THAT IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THEY CANT LIVE WITHOUT ME,I JUST LAUGHED.
MADAM, LET ME TELL YOU THE HONEST TRUTH, YOUR HUSBAND IS FEELING THE THING YOU ARE FELLING .
FIND A WAY TO RECONNECT BACK TO HIM THROUGH YOUR CHILDREN.
DIVORCE IS NOT AN OPTION IN YOUR CASE. NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT A MAN IS,THERE IS STILL SOMEONE IN THAT FAMILY THAT HE LISTENS TO. SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE,RE-WRITE YOUR STORY,DISSOCIATE YOURSELF FROM ALL THESE FEMINISTS AND YOU WILL SEE POSITIVE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE.
THE TRUTH IS THAT BOTH OF YOU NEED EACH OTHER. BY THE TIME YOU GET BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND YOU WILL HEAR HIS OWN SIDE OF STORY TO VALIDATE MY POINT.
IN CONCLUSION,YOUR CASE IS REDEEMABLE IF AND ONLY IF YOU CAN FORGIVE .

3 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by akanke79: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

So the thought of sex coming through my mind has already made me a sinner?
Dont mind them,it is natural to feel like having sx when you are young,only fornication is a no no,Try to heal before you date again so you dont make the same mistake you made with your husband.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by dba18: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Let me help you out here the best way I can & out of experience & also counselling to others, but before then I have seen people reply you with all sorts, one even said “oh since you have sexual thoughts you have sinned, please don’t pay attention to all that.

It’s a good thing that you have chosen to accept Christ as your lord & saviour so allow me to congratulate you into the new life, the Bible tells us that he who is born again is now a new person & all old things of sinned in them is passed away (meaning you are free from sin because you have accepted Jesus as your lord & saviour & accepted the price he paid to save you). The issue you are dealing with is a normal everyday issue christain unmarried deal with & you are dealing with it because the enemy knows it’s the only door he can access now to hold you back from fully being the new person that you are, his strategy is to get you to sin sexually & use the guilt to torment you, so how do you fight it? By Simply understanding that sex first of all is not a bad thing, it’s a gift from God designed for man & woman to enjoy in the Union of marriage & it has a lot of benefits. Now to fight this urge or the hormones, you need both logic & the Holy Spirit. LOGIC: Get your self away from anything (activity such as movies, other forms of visuals, music etc that can arouse your body) & try as much as possible to stay away from people who you can easily give into to & try also as much as you can to get engaged with something constructive that you can mentally fully commit to e.g start a a course online, study for something that will develop you to make money legally, read books on self development & enterprise). Don’t forget the saying that an idle mind… THE HOLY SPIRIT strategy: Meditate & ask the holy spiritual to help you, while at it use the Bible & messages online to gain as much knowledge as possible on what the Bible says about your body being the temple of God & the habitation of the Holy Spirit, then begin to think of the capacity of God & how special your body is that he choose it (you will see the importance of sanctifying your body & keeping it holy) & unconsciously the holy spiritual will begin to dominate your thoughts, secondly pray to God to help you find the right man to settle with because the Bible says He or She who can not hold themselves back sexually should marry.

I hope this helps. Please free to further engage me. I am here to support. God bless you & know that you have the power to win always.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 25, 2022
Konji na bastard!
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Skyehigher1: 10:03am On Mar 25, 2022
You divorce your husband and is not a sins from God,, my friend divorce is a sin go and reconcile with your husband and bow and respect your husband and have happy home
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by HardMirror(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

religion religion religion. There is nothing like sin, god or hell. Billions of people are having sex daily, it is natural. You only need to live life responsibly not cos of sin but to get the best out of choices you make
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2022
It's not easy at all. Mine is nearly 3months and it's pretty tough, especially if you are still young or middle aged.

Probably occupy your mind with other things, this will be difficult, but this is my current strategy.

or find relationship again. There are other separated men too who would need company, No harm finding love again.

PonziHater
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2022
You have to lower your standards and expectations dear, the dating pool is in a mess right now and it's harder for single mum's or women above 30 to get hitched, FACT. my advice to you is to be welcoming to any man that comes and try to make those friendships and live your life and hopefully something meaningful could blossom from it, no right thinking man with high standard will knowingly want to date a single mum and a woman above 30. The choice to your happiness is in your hands right now before depression sets in.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Justice4Toto: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

My dear pls send Ur address to me
We are in the same situation.
Let's talk
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by cejaypriesty(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2022
Buskynwa:
Come let me help you grin

Na so una go dey do like say e no dey sweet una but na una e sweet pass lmao

go and reconcile with your husband, fine you are going through a divorce which is not yet finalized,his help will be needed since you don't want to offend your creator by an act of immorality but i know your ego won't allow you

if i were you I'll use orobo pepsi bottle to do the trick keeping my ego intact sad
Chai! Who did this to you ??
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by GARBOFRANK: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2022
You call call for counsel 09025013171
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by cejaypriesty(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Eunuch experience sex? Pls give back this phone to d real owner abeg
grin grin
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by uchmannn(m): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Engaged urself and free ur mind from any sex related contents.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by mokt(m): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Inbox me your number, lemme tell you something
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by jamesversion: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

This is a non issue. I'm available to help you free of charge. Just feed me eba and good soup after expending my energy to satisfy you. grin
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by yeshuasfootstep(m): 10:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Knowledge is what you need, accurate knowledge and not just any knowledge to help you deal with any situation, praying for God's lead also works.
Don't commit suicide because of advices you are getting here on what is sin and what is not. Just immerse yourself in seeking for accurate knowledge and you won't even wander off to such thoughts.
Your situation is even better, mine is separation for close to six years now and I don't even have time to think of immorality because I immersed myself in studies and researches and the result is that no man on earth can fool me especially as it concerns religion, socioeconomic life and so on.
Most importantly, I have the opportunity to upgrade my self and line up many skills as side hustles. So don't give up.
Do meaningful things and focus on then and you'll not even notice that time is passing.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Killermamba: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

righteousness over to you bros
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

what stops u from getting a toy? hope not fear of GOD... shalom!!

dont stress urself, its easier for ladies now especially single mums, distract yourselves with your kids during d day and finish d day with a toy.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Rotji(m): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Okay I get you. So if I long for sex with my ex husband, that shouldn't be a sin then.

So let me ask you. Is selfplay/selflove/masturbation a sin?

The body desiring what it needs naturally just like we eat.

Not fantasies towards anyone in particular.

Please do not let anyone confuse you, God created all the desires we have. But the desires are meant to be fulfilled the right way, Jesus was discouraging us not to be into lust that is why He gave that admonition because when you get addicted to something it becomes bad even if ti was meant to be good before.

How can someone say that physically committing fornication is not a sin but lusting in ones heart is sin angry what kind of twisted gospel is that huh lipsrsealed

It's natural to have feelings, but when not married the Holy Spirit is there to convict and guide you when you are getting out of hand. When you begin to fester too much on your affections, it will lead you to commit what you are not supposed to.

You are crying out because it's beginning to disturb you which is born out the Holy Spirit reminding you to re-channel your energy to other profitable ventures.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by phemmyflexxy(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Get married again if you can, I won't advice you to engage in random sex but know this today " Fibroid visits between 3 to 5 years of sexual starvation"
Optimistic4life:

1 Like

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ChristineC: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Lol, stayed with sex throughout my pregnancy and until my baby clocked a year and 5 months. Practically seduced this son of man but unfortunately d sex aint nothing to write home about. I intend starving my flesh and feeding the spirit from now sha
grin cheesy
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Lepon02: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Eeeyah!
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Lepon02: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2022
mokt:

Inbox me your number, lemme tell you something

Olofo ni e!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

First Class Twin Sisters To Marry On The Same Day - Photos / Man Figuring Out How To Carry His Wife Up Like Other Men Did (pics) / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.