Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,450 members, 7,929,501 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Are We The Problem Of Ourselves - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are We The Problem Of Ourselves (157 Views)

Poor Parenting (Jobwisely): The Ultimate Problem Of Nigeria. VOTE / The Problem Of The HRs / Can Npower Actually Solve The Problem Of Nigeria Unemployment!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We The Problem Of Ourselves by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2022
I was at an interview in Ikeja some years ago,Cappa and D'Alberto ltd to be precised,

I do check in at any construction site if they are in need of an engineer,so this fateful day,I went into Cappa and D'Alberto construction site,and I met with the chief engineer,who happens to be a white man.

He asked for my CV and I gave it to him,he glanced through and asked me to resume on Monday as it was on a friday.He told me he just needed someone who will be supervising his workers and also asked me to always come to his office for explanation if there's anything I don't understand.

My mind was already filled with joy before someone else came in,he was introduced as one of the company's architect,he also glanced through my CV and told the white man,I'm not that experienced,that they can't employ me,he pointed to a map on the wall and asked me to locate a particular spot on the construction ground,I couldn't locate it and that was the end,I felt like the ground should just open up and swallow me.

He was even a Yoruba guy like myself,I don't know why we yorubas hate on each other this much,or should I say don't want others to attain their heights.If it was to be an Hausa guy,he won't reject his fellow Hausa guy in that situation.

We need to start having good hearts towards each other as we don't know where we'll meet ourselves in the nearest future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tax Clearance ID / Para Legal/junior Lawyer– Requirement Is For Some Of Our Units In Sango- Otta. / Female Teacher Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.