Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,904 members, 7,973,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:19 AM

My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions (406 Views)

Asari Dokubo, Reno Omokri Tackle Peter Obi, Ask Important Questions / Boko Haram: I Killed Many I Was Shot On Purpose By My Fellow Soldier- Ex Soldier / Delegates Fight During Buhari’s Speech At APC Convention (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by hnm2023: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dear delegates,

Let me start by congratulating you on your emergence as a fellow delegate in the forthcoming presidential primaries of our great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). Your selection, just like mine, is no mean feat, as this position brings with it enormous responsibilities. As delegates, we are the vehicle through which the best candidate will emerge from this great party — irrespective of tribe or religion. We should remember that providence has vested in us the opportunity to write our names in not just the now, but the future as well. Whatever we do, posterity will judge us.

As we approach another electioneering period, let us keep in mind that as daunting as it sounds, the future of Nigeria lies in our hands. The choices we make today will determine the state of Nigeria tomorrow. With an array of politicians parading themselves as aspirants to woo our votes and endorsements, we should consider the country's options carefully: Who among these candidates will represent our best interest in the long run?

Are we going to be tempted with money, gifts, and vague promises? Yes, it’s an inevitable part of the job. But once again, I’d like to implore you to take out time to ask the important questions:

Who among these candidates has what it takes to build a new Nigeria - the Nigeria of our dreams?
Honesty. Who among these candidates has exhibited traits of honesty that guarantee us that they’ll fulfill their electoral promises.
Who among these candidates carries with them an impeccable track record of integrity?
Who among these candidates has worked hard to leave an indelible impression on Nigerians?
Who among these candidates has the intellectual capability to represent our country well among the comity of nations?
These questions are pertinent because they will determine the fate and future of this country come 2023, and after giving much thought to the options we’ve been presented with, I believe Prof Yemi Osinbajo possesses the attributes we’re looking for.

I urge you, fellow distinguished delegates, to choose between immediate monetary compensation and the long-lasting welfare of our children, to choose between an aspirant who comes to buy your votes and an aspirant who has our overall interest at heart, to choose between an aspirant who comes with empty promises, and an aspirant with the burning desire to serve Nigeria.

Therefore, dear fellow delegate, I very passionately urge you to see the privilege of being a delegate as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as we work to correct the ills that have bedeviled Nigeria over the years. See your vote as one that will restore the glory of Nigeria. Only your vote for the right candidate can fix the security architecture of Nigeria. Just your vote is what is needed for the best candidate to emerge in our party.

Nothing short of the best is needed by our party now. Nothing short of the best is what Nigeria needs now, and only the best is good enough.

It is us and only us, as delegates, that can restore the lost glory of our dear nation. God bless you.

Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by Tinubuadvocate: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
Right now here our next chairman is sule we will do what president ordered us.
Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by helinues: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Toh
Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by paramboos: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Oga wetin you dey talk self? Convention that everybody already knows the Chairman!! Presido said is by consensus or you no dey her English? You as a delegate no get any power again oo, infact you are useless now. Just try collect your money and start coming back, before touts collect it from you as well.....
Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by stixxy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
OP better decamp to pdp now o. E get why
Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by 1858eig: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Right now here our next chairman is sule we will do what president ordered us.
[/s]
Re: My Fellow Delegates, It’s Time To Ask Important Questions by Investigative: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
APC delegate

(1) (Reply)

Presidents Who'll Make Me Renounce Nigeria By Farooq Kperogi / The Minister Of Transportation Warned About Possible Attacks On Rail. / President Buhari Presides Over Virtual Commission (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.