Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,592 members, 7,888,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:39 PM

OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants (1085 Views)

Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead / OAU VC: Our Son Was Schemed Out - Ile-Ife Indigenes / BREAKING!! Florence Banku Wins UNICAL Vice Chancellorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Oluwatech(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
In unveiling of the new Vice-chancellor, Professor Adebayo Bamire as the new VC of OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University), the Indigenes of the located institution came out to protest against the appointment of the new Vice-chancellor of the institution. Their protest is against the Indigene of the new Vice-chancellor, they want a Vice-chancellor of as Indigene of the town. This protest caused an halt in the academic activities of the renounced institution. The management of the institution has to stop the academic activities of the school. The administrative activities were as well stop because of the angry invasion of the protesters.

Read more

https://knowall.com.ng/2022/03/25/oau-vice-chancellorship-ife-indigenes-must-be-crazy-wole-soyinka-rants/

1 Like

Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Amb1045(m): 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
What a stupid move by the indigens of the community. A federal university, indigen wants to determined how it's going to be run. Afonja's won't disappoint, that's how they want to force another Afonja into being the chairman of computer village. A market highly populated by Igbo traders. Lol. These people can't learn at all.
Jakpa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
Quota system, even in institution of academic learning some people are still bringing there tribalistic nature into bare. Disgusting undecided undecided
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Oluwatech(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Quota system, even in institution of academic learning some people are still bringing there tribalistic nature into bare. Disgusting undecided undecided

Really, it's disgusting. Tribalism to run a federal Government school
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
Oluwatech:

Really, it's disgusting. Tribalism to run a federal Government school
the problem is that most of this vice chancellors that are indigines do not even make any meaningful impact on the universties they mostly embezzled funds meant for school programs with the mindset of " me and my state" it is mostly the foreign vice chancellor that have nothing to do with the states that may end up performing
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by SarakiBukola: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amb1045:
What a stupid move by the indigens of the community. A state own property, indigen wants to determined how it's going to be run. Afonja's won't disappoint, that's how they want to force another Afonja into being the chairman of computer village. A market highly populated by igbo traders. Lol. These people can't learn at all.
Jakpa

You seriously need an education instead of being jealous of AFONJAs that would ALWAYS be your superior.

I had to use paracetamol to understand the nonsense you wrote.
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Mofun: 12:41am On Mar 27, 2022
I do not in any way support the backward act of a few miscreants trying to misrepresent the entirety of the good people of Ile-Ife. Even the king has condemned it in no little way. Every sane person wouldn't support such myopic, retrogressive and ill-informed protest that absolutely reveals how grossly uncivilized those involved are.
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Mofun: 12:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Amb1045:
What a stupid move by the indigens of the community. A state own property, indigen wants to determined how it's going to be run. Afonja's won't disappoint, that's how they want to force another Afonja into being the chairman of computer village. A market highly populated by igbo traders. Lol. These people can't learn at all.
Jakpa

Are you a Nigerian at all? OAU is not state-owned. Also, it is rather referred to as an institution than "property." So, it's a federal government institution and not a "state-owned property" that you suppose it to be. Stop coming to drop comments that would rather expose your ignorance next time. Okay?
Re: OAU Vice Chancellorship: Ife Indigenes Must Be Crazy, Wole Soyinka Rants by Oluwatech(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
the problem is that most of this vice chancellors that are indigines do not even make any meaningful impact on the universties they mostly embezzled funds meant for school programs with the mindset of " me and my state" it is mostly the foreign vice chancellor that have nothing to do with the states that may end up performing

I'm In big support of this...

(1) (Reply)

Lady Refuses To Shake Her Teachers During Graduation 4making Her Final Year Hell / Are You Frustrated By Jamb / My Friends @ Comp. Sec.sch, Emekuku Or Colliery Comp. Sec. Sch. Ngwo, Chat Me Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.