Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,472 members, 7,891,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. (453 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by IrepChrist: 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
The seat of an Oba, Igwe or Emir is an enviable position in Nigeria/Africa. This position is peculiar compared to any Monarchy in the world. An African traditional ruler Is a custodian of all rites and traditions of his kingdom. He must take the lead in keeping them.

Ones you are chosen and you are willing to accept the
position, you must be ready to get involved in festivals and rites that will not be consistent with your faith especially if you are a Christian.

Can a Christian really preserve his/her faith and not compromise. While fulfilling the expectations, law and beliefs of his kingdom as a traditional ruler?

Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
I won't advice.
Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by budaatum: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
Would You Advice A Christian To Be A Traditional Ruler?

Yes I would. The mere fact that you've bothered to read the book should make you more relevant to this day and age. You must however be prepared not to be parochial.

The former former Olufon of the Orolu Kingdom was an Anglican Christian. He upheld the tradition of his people. The former Olufon was a Muslim. He delegated the tradition to others. Both ruled for 10 years and were regular in both the church and mosque, with the former former regularly participating in tradition than the former.

The one before both of them was more a Christian and a traditionalist, though it would have been hard to tell since he regularly went to church, mosque and the Ibosa as is our tradition. He reigned for much longer than the two who followed him.

In the Orolu Kingdom, Obatala rules. But the ruler rules over the people and at their pleasure, so you better respect their gods or face constant opposition

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by Uprightness100(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
As a Genuie Christian, Saved and Washed in the Blood of JESUS Christ, there is no Problem in accepting to be a KING if your people come for you.

What is a Problem is in accepting to Engage in the Festish/ UnGodly things in any guise.

If I am appointed by my People today and GOD permits me to go , I will accept but it MUST be on the Condition of My Faith in JESUS Christ. I will let them know that any fetish and UnGodly thing will not be carried under any guise.

If they accept, we continue. If they say they have to do this or that, I Reject it. I go my way.
Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by paxonel(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
That is only if there is religious tolerance in the tradition
Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by Tradernaija1: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2022
IrepChrist:
The seat of an Oba, Igwe or Emir is an enviable position in Nigeria/Africa. This position is peculiar compared to any Monarchy in the world. An African traditional ruler Is a custodian of all rites and traditions of his kingdom. He must take the lead in keeping.

Ones you are chosen and you are willing to accept the
position, you must be ready to get involved in festivals and rites that will not be consistent with your faith especially if you are a Christian.

Can a Christian really preserve his/her faith and not compromise. While fulfilling the expectations, law and beliefs of his kingdom as a traditional ruler.

Yes.

Christians should wake up asap and control traditions of the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by budaatum: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
Tradernaija1:

Yes.

Christians should wake up asap and control traditions of the land.
If they don't others will rule over them.

Paul might say, To the traditionalist became I as a traditionalist, that I might gain the traditionalist: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

But then, Paul was of a mature mind.

Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by budaatum: 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
paxonel:
That is only if there is religious tolerance in the tradition

Our traditions tend to have multiple gods. In my tradition we have Obatala, Sango, Ogun, Osun, Owala, Sopona etc, so one more makes no difference. The only angst is when some come and claim there is only one God and that God is their own one. To wit, I say, tufia!

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice A Christian To Become A Traditional Ruler.. by IrepChrist: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
As a Genuie Christian, Saved and Washed in the Blood of JESUS Christ, there is no Problem in accepting to be a KING if your people come for you.

What is a Problem is in accepting to Engage in the Festish/ UnGodly things in any guise.

If I am appointed by my People today and GOD permits me to go , I will accept but it MUST be on the Condition of My Faith in JESUS Christ. I will let them know that any fetish and UnGodly thing will not be carried under any guise.

If they accept, we continue. If they say they have to do this or that, I Reject it. I go my way.

Absolutely...

(1) (Reply)

Polygamy In The Bible (and What Jesus Said About It) / The Blessing Of A Mother / You Are No Threat To Satan And His Kingdom Of Wickedness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.