Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,430 members, 7,932,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:24 AM

Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends (23085 Views)

During APC Convention, Tinubu Didn't Allow Us Go To South East - Lawal / Abia Pensioners To Smile Home As Udensi Obtains List To Roll Out Welfare Package / Ochaja Market Traders Smile Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by samwash(m): 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
Just imagine, even the one wen go sell kilishi still make money. The shoe vendor still cash out even if all his goods did not finish.
This how to make money, mk use of opportunities. Kudos to them all.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Okoroawusa: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those who took their business there did well and I am glad they smiled home.

But the manner in which they conducted the business shows they are not different from the politicians that loot in offices. Instead of inflating the price, why not supply larger quantity at the normal price and make the same amount at the end of the day? After all, it is certain that you will record higher demand at the convention venue than at your usual point of sale. Why are you inflating the price when the national convention did not affect the production of the commodity? This is the same mentality that fuel stations use to increase fuel prices during Christmas even if crude oil price is stable.

Some irrational thinkers will say the traders did nothing wrong as long as the buyers were willing to pay the inflated price. Irrational thinkers will say opportunity comes but once. Whether opportunity comes once or always, greed is greed. If this logic should stand, then the politicians that underpay civil servants do nothing wrong as long as the civil servants are willing to accept the poor salary.

Until we begin to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients or customers, our society cannot get better. The politicians abuse their opportunities. The masses abuse their own opportunities. The same way the greed of the politicians affects the society is equally how the greed of the masses affects the society.

I know most of the buyers who paid 250 per bottle did it because those buyers looted a lot before the convention. But do two wrongs make a right? Is looting from a looter not also bad?
The laws of Economics are very far from you...

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by immortalcrown(m): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Is the law far from shopping malls that maintain the same price even if the item remains only one piece on the shelf? You do not know the importance of goodwill in business.

A law of demand and supply says, the higher the demand, the higher the price. But this law refers to producers and middlemen, not to retailers. The law refers to producers and middlemen who bear the cost of producing and distributing the goods. For example, ShopRite does not change prices unless producers and suppliers change prices.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by blowjohn(m): 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
Let me add here. Almost all the hotels or perhaps all the hotels accessible by road were booked in abuja as at Friday night.

I cudnt get a room for my visitors on Friday. And I had checked over 100 hotels (literally) in gwarimpa, utako and wuse.

I stopped around 11.30 pm that night.

Most hotels once u get there, the security will just tell u 'APC'. So u know there r no rooms left.

Even the hotels that the average rooms fo for 6k , where call gals use......u will just see plenty men in agbada coming out.

Was so bad that people were sleeping outside the hotels.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Justice42003: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
I sold schools certificate there and now I don hammer, me and my business sense I know most of them don't have
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Nonexisting: 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
princdebola201:
While mkpurumiri addicts re waiting for bubu to spoon feed them, hardworking Nigerians re cashing out
Na so. Na mkpurumiri people Remi Tinubu said were at her gate everyday begging her husband for money. Lazy yoruba youth.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by AsawanaDgreat: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
They cashed out for good
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by KingDamzzy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Typical religious mentality.

Hike and charge exorbitant prices as compared to the original price then proceed to give thanks to God for he has made it possible for you to take advantage of the other person.

If you want to increase cost by a 150%, all well and good. Which one is "its by God's grace" that you are adding now.

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by BigBizzy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
She even messed up to me...she should have sold it for N1000. They and their party put us in this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Yankee101: 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
Some people require just a little more in lives to improve their happiness

Thank God

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by nijanigga: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Mr Isah Bala, a vendor of soft drinks, gala and water, said that he sold all his products and decided to sleep at the venue till morning to avoid being robbed on his way home.

You really disappointed your uncles in the jungle cheesy cheesy cheesy

One even wishes every day should be APC convention cheesy so he can keep making money tongue grin kiss

I kept laughing cos of 20k naira ,but when you send our people money home,hundreds of thousands theyvalways laments its not enough
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Invictuse: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
This piece of info shouldn't be from canibals that suck human brain with ofe Nsala as dessert

Odin13:

Coming from a Yoruba human that survive on human skulls and part.

Next!
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
I thank God for my life….that trader said he made 20k,money wey I Dey use play everyday….God please forgive me for not giving thanks everyday….

2 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Oddfinder: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
immortalcrown:

But the manner in which they conducted the business shows they are not different from the politicians that loot in offices. Instead of inflating the price, why not supply larger quantity at the normal price and make the same amount of money or even more money at the end of the day? After all, it is certain that you will record higher demand at the convention venue than at your usual point of sale. Why are you inflating the price when the national convention did not affect the production of the commodity? This is the same mentality that fuel stations use to increase fuel prices during Christmas even if crude oil price is stable.

A law of demand and supply says, the higher the demand, the higher the price. But this law refers to producers and middlemen, not to retailers. Retailers are to change prices based on supply price. The law refers to producers and middlemen who bear the cost of producing and distributing the goods. For example, ShopRite does not change prices unless producers and suppliers change prices. Even if an item remains just one piece on a shelf in ShopRite, the price does not change as long as the supply price has not changed. Does it mean ShopRite does not know that law of demand and supply? Was there not higher demand for hotel rooms around the convention venue? Did the hotels increase prices because of the convention? The hotels maintained normal prices because they know the customers will still recognize and patronize them after the convention. The water sellers took unfair advantage of the fact that the customers will not recognize them after the convention. If you charge me 250 per bottle of water at the convention, do you think I will patronize you if I recognize you outside the convention? What the water sellers did is similar to what small shops do in marketplaces. When only a few shops have a particular item, those few shops will increase the price as if the factory producing the item is under fire. This is why small shops hardly maintain same customers for long. Many traders do not know the importance of goodwill in business.

Some irrational thinkers will say the traders did nothing wrong as long as the buyers were willing to pay the inflated price. If this logic should stand, then the politicians that underpay civil servants do nothing wrong as long as the civil servants are willing to accept the poor salary. Irrational thinkers will say opportunity comes but once. Whether opportunity comes once or always, greed is greed.

Until we begin to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients or customers, our society cannot get better. The politicians abuse their opportunities. The masses abuse their own opportunities. The same way the greed of the politicians affects the society is equally how the greed of the masses affects the society.

I know most of the buyers who paid 250 per bottle did it because those buyers looted a lot before the convention. But do two wrongs make a right? Is looting from a looter not also bad?
Which electricity dem wan use cool d water n soft drinks?
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by immortalcrown(m): 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Oddfinder:

Which electricity dem wan use cool d water n soft drinks?
Which electricity you dey give dem for police and army checkpoints on highways?
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Cosytvafrica: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
immortalcrown:

But the manner in which they conducted the business shows they are not different from the politicians that loot in offices. Instead of inflating the price, why not supply larger quantity at the normal price and make the same amount of money or even more money at the end of the day? After all, it is certain that you will record higher demand at the convention venue than at your usual point of sale. Why are you inflating the price when the national convention did not affect the production of the commodity? This is the same mentality that fuel stations use to increase fuel prices during Christmas even if crude oil price is stable.

A law of demand and supply says, the higher the demand, the higher the price. But this law refers to producers and middlemen, not to retailers. Retailers are to change prices based on supply price. The law refers to producers and middlemen who bear the cost of producing and distributing the goods. For example, ShopRite does not change prices unless producers and suppliers change prices. Even if an item remains just one piece on a shelf in ShopRite, the price does not change as long as the supply price has not changed. Does it mean ShopRite does not know that law of demand and supply? Was there not higher demand for hotel rooms around the convention venue? Did the hotels increase prices because of the convention? The hotels maintained normal prices because they know the customers will still recognize and patronize them after the convention. The water sellers took unfair advantage of the fact that the customers will not recognize them after the convention. If you charge me 250 per bottle of water at the convention, do you think I will patronize you if I recognize you outside the convention? What the water sellers did is similar to what small shops do in marketplaces. When only a few shops have a particular item, those few shops will increase the price as if the factory producing the item is under fire. This is why small shops hardly maintain same customers for long. Many traders do not know the importance of goodwill in business.

Some irrational thinkers will say the traders did nothing wrong as long as the buyers were willing to pay the inflated price. If this logic should stand, then the politicians that underpay civil servants do nothing wrong as long as the civil servants are willing to accept the poor salary. Irrational thinkers will say opportunity comes but once. Whether opportunity comes once or always, greed is greed.

In a way you wouldn't blame them because that same rule states that the higher the demand the higher the price.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by immortalcrown(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
Cosytvafrica:
In a way you wouldn't blame them because that same rule states that the higher the demand the higher the price.
Why don't they apply the rule at their usual points of sale? Why doesn't ShopRite apply the rule? Or, doesn't ShopRite record higher demand?
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Cognitivereason: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Asin such ignorance
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Kayykayy(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
APC has the numbers on there side now.

Meanwhile I have a very clean Toyota Camry 2007 for sale 2.5 million,slightly negotiable.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Nicepoker(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
Suffering and smiling.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Ameduedwin: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
immortalcrown:

exactly, the same thing happened when govt ban the importation of foringn product like food,so that Nigeria Will produce their own product and make game, instead of them to maximize their product and maintain the normal price they remain where they are, and because of the pressure at the course of the high demand they remain there and be calling baba buhari is clueless baba is a dullard but they failed to check theirs own side of the failure.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Tomek09(m): 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mooh247:

Economic growth is not about Drug trafficking and baby factory alone

No, it's about skull mining, human organ harvesting and collecting owo mi da money.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Tomek09(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
illicit:
I sold marijuana there yesterday
I sold 5 big bags
[/s]
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Tomek09(m): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
T.hunder f!re all brown roof dwellers and ewedu eating b-astards.
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Tomek09(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
Ameduedwin:

exactly, the same thing happened when govt ban the importation of foringn product like food,so that Nigeria Will produce their own product and make game, instead of them to maximize their product and maintain the normal price they remain where they are, and because of the pressure at the course of the high demand they remain there and be calling baba buhari is clueless baba is a dullard but they failed to check theirs own side of the failure.
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage / ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' / Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.