Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,245 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

Politics Of Kidnapping In Niger Delta: Ethnicity, Juju, Money, Drugs, Gun Reign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Kidnapping In Niger Delta: Ethnicity, Juju, Money, Drugs, Gun Reign (855 Views)

No Completed Federal Project In Pdp’s 16 Years Reign – Osinbajo / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics Of Kidnapping In Niger Delta: Ethnicity, Juju, Money, Drugs, Gun Reign by Xris74: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2007
Hostage victim's story * I caused commotion in militants' camp

BEFORE he was finally released, Monday, July 30, a member of the militant group from Bayelsa State, which kidnapped the General Service Officer (GCO) of the Niger-Benue Transport Company, Ovwian-Aladja in Delta State, Urhobo-born Mr. Daniel Tishene, threatened to shoot his leader right inside their camp. What was the reason for the near breakdown of law and order in the militants’ den? Sunday Vanguard has the answer to this and more

I saw juju in their camp: “From there, they took me to a village, I don’t know the village. The first day they took me to their camp in the bush, I saw a shrine and juju in their camp. The boys are well armed. They were saying that they wanted money from my company,” he said. “I spent a total of 17 days in their camp and the militants work in the camp on a shift duty arrangement. What I mean is that a set of say about 15 boys come to guard the camp in the night from one village, they return the next day, and another set takes over. They changed duty in the evening and the ones that took over sleep with me.

Upheaval in camp: A bloodbath was, however, averted in the camp when one of the militants threatened to shoot the leader over the continued detention of Tishene, saying that he was bringing them bad luck and there was no reason for him to continue to be with them in the camp. Sunday Vanguard learnt that after one week of Tishene’s detention, most of the militants became unhappy that no money had come in, and instead of their ransom being paid, they were getting calls everyday to release him

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/august07/05082007/f405082007.html

(1) (Reply)

Cultism / Ibadan Money ''Doublers'': How We Tricked, Hypnotised Our Victims / Call For Papers(please Transmit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.