Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,003 members, 7,946,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? (838 Views)

Warn Your Sisters And Female Friends Against This. / Would You Warn A friend Or Relative Against Getting Married To Your Ex? / Stop Hating And Insulting My Wife, Oyinbo Husband Of IG Ebony Lip Warn Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by illicit(m): 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
I had this friend who was also my coursemate and neighbor back at the Uni.

Good guy, sometimes generous and decent but he talks a lot especially to me but maybe quiet or shy when he is with new people.

I don't talk much even with people I know so we are kind of different in that aspect.

My friend may stay in my room from morning till night talking a lot even if I have to read. Not minding that I give one word answers. Most topics are not usually my thing but I have to play along so as not to embarrass him.

We go to school together most of the time since we have the same classes. The thing is my friend will start talking from when we left the house, talk in the taxi, talk till we get to class and the problem is that he likes to sit with me and still keep talking even when the class is ongoing.

He often attracts attention that way and some other noise makers will join him, what if the lecturer noticed, that's my greatest fear, I was a poor quiet guy, I don't like attention and distraction. The best time I can learn anything is while I am in the class not always by reading.

How do I warn him because he is very emotional and can keep grudges while still smiling at u?

Well I will just keep a straight face and keep mute. Can u beat that.

Even if he shared a joke , I still won't laugh.

If I changed seats, he follows me.... shocked

Education is my priority, I don't let anything distract me, not even my best friend.
I did this for almost two semesters before he got the cue.

When we enter a class, he finds somewhere else to sit.

I was relieved.

I don't mind him talking in my room but in the class is a no no for me....

How did you warn your friends without embarrassing them in similar or different situations
Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by Candidlady: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
As the moniker implies....

Idrop it like its HOT!!! you feel embarrassed, you don't feel embarrassed toh! As far ihave said the truth..
Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by illicit(m): 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Candidlady:
As the moniker implies....

Idrop it like its HOT!!! you feel embarrassed, you don't feel embarrassed toh! As far ihave said the truth..

To be candid if I had used words I could have damaged his ego, he looks up to me that's why he is always with me

I could have used words if it was another person.

But him, even if I used a plea he would still get hurt, I really have to use actions which they say speaks louder than words....

It cost us almost a session to come to an understanding

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by MadamVanessa(f): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
shocked

I don't know what is hard in you opening up to him and tell him what you really don't like. You're scared of losing him as a friend if you open up to him about your displeasure regarding his talking habit.

When you realize that you came to this world alone and you'll die alone, that's when you'll know that friends really don't matters.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by illicit(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I don't know what is hard in you opening up to him and tell him what you really don't like. You're scared of losing him as a friend if you open up to him about your displeasure regarding his talking habit.

When you realize that you came to this world alone and you'll die alone, that's when you'll know that friends really don't matters.

Ok

On a norms I would have

Share yours
Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by illicit(m): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
Who else
Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by GoodLord95: 5:45am On Jul 20, 2023
By laughing like this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Or like this 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Or this 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:04am On Jul 20, 2023
lipsrsealed
My friends already know me...That if I ain't comfortable with your attitude, I'll just tell you straight up....I will speak my mind and the same time mind what I speak.. Then it'd be left for you to use your maturity to adjust or stop it completely....But the main thing is that I'll always man up and speak my mind.....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Warn Your Friend(s)? by Guderian(m): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2023
I use different approaches, depends on the type of persona he/she has

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must You Suffer Before Making It? / Did U Just Know This ??? / Is This Why Men Kneel To Propose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.