Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,703 members, 7,969,052 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:12 PM

Celebs React To Will Smith Slapping Chris Rock At Oscars 2022: Jaden Smith, Amy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebs React To Will Smith Slapping Chris Rock At Oscars 2022: Jaden Smith, Amy (507 Views)

Jada Pinkett Smith Wishes Will Smith Didn’t Slap Chris Rock At Oscars / Teni Predicts Liverpool 4-0 Win Against Barcelona Accurately. Celebs React / Eedris Abdulkareem Reacts To Jaden Smith's Look Despite His Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebs React To Will Smith Slapping Chris Rock At Oscars 2022: Jaden Smith, Amy by omgvoices: 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
The slap heard ‘round the world. Will Smith stunned the star-studded audience — and everyone watching at home — when he took to the stage and smacked Chris Rock across the face after the comedian made a “joke” about Jada Pinkett Smith’s hair loss at the 2022 Oscars on Sunday, March 27.

“Jada, I love you,” the comedian said from the stage, quipping, “G.I. Jane 2, can’t wait to see it,” referring to the actress’ buzzed head, as G.I. Jane star Demi Moore wore a similar style. (Pinkett Smith, 50, has often been open about losing her hair due to alopecia.)

Will Smith’s apology thereafter after receiving the Best Actor for the Night.
“I want to apologize to the academy. I want to apologize to all my fellow nominees,” he added. “Art imitates life: I look like the crazy father. Just like they said about Richard Williams. But love will make you do crazy things.”

He later apologized directly to the presenter the following day in a lengthy statement. “I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris,” Smith wrote via Instagram on March 28. “I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.”

Serena Williams
“I just sat down ’cause I was like, ‘I gotta put that drink down,’” the tennis star — whose father, Richard Williams, was depicted by Smith in King Richard — said via a since-deleted Instagram Story.

https://esiama.com/celebs-react-to-will-smith-slapping-chris-rock-at-oscars-2022-jaden-smith-amy-schumer-and-more/

(1) (Reply)

Dr JUSTIN DEAN And KORRA Saga Is Not Ending Soonest / Jada Destroyed Will Smith / Simi Shed Tears Over Composed Song And Gifts From Fans On Her Birthday (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.