Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,859 members, 7,933,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 09:54 PM

2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo (444 Views)

Ghana Coach, Addo, Unveils Squad To Face Super Eagles / Super Eagles Bag Nervy Draw Vs Cape Verde, Reach 2022 WCQ Playoff Round / Solomon Ogbeide Is Dead (Lobi Stars Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo by solbase10(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Otto Addo says he felt pity for the Super Eagles after the Black Stars of Ghana beat them to the 2022 World Cup qualifying playoffs on Tuesday.

The Black Stars picked the ticket after holding the Eagles to a 1-1 draw inside the Moshood Abiola stadium.

The four-time AFCON champions qualified for their fourth World Cup on the away goals rule after the first leg ended goalless in Kumasi on Friday.

And speaking after securing the ticket, Addo: “I’m really delighted, exhausted, it was a tough match and we fought our way through.

“We had big problems especially in the first half, and through some changes, the players gave their tactics very well and still they [the Nigerians] had some good chances.

“Our goalkeeper was there when we needed him and we had a little bit of luck also, because if you see the chances the Nigerians were better.

“I feel a bit pity for them but this is football, sometimes and we fought our way through.”

Source: https://www.completesports.com/2022-wcq-i-feel-pity-for-super-eagles-black-stars-coach-addo/

Re: 2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo by decatalyst(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
You are just being gracious in winning.

We don't deserve it!
Re: 2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo by festacman(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
If you compare Otto Ado's coaching exposure and experience with Austin Eguavoen's exposure and experience you will see a remarkable difference. Eguavoen's appointment is a favor by high-handed Amaju Pinnick.

However, given that it was indigenous coaches that qualified Ghana, Cameroon Senegal, etc, it is important to say that Eguavoen's failure is not the failure of our indigenous coaches.

1 Like

Re: 2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo by Padipadi: 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks. But we Nigerians aren't proud of the team. It should be dismantled
Re: 2022 WCQ:’ I Feel Pity For Super Eagles’ —black Stars Coach, Addo by WibusJaga: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
cool

We were not defeated in the 2 playoffs. Anyone could have qualified.
But I wasn't too happy when I saw our lineup. Gave me the impression Eguaveon has tendency to succumb to publish opinions/pressure & that's not a quality of a good coach.

(1) (Reply)

Twerking To Become An Olympic Sport In 2024 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso: WAFU B Under 17 Finals On Friday, 24th Of June 2022 / WAFCON 2022 | Nigeria Vs Burundi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.