Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,107 members, 7,880,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:14 PM

EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu (17614 Views)

Amotekun Arrests 80-year-old Ekiti Man, Others For Vandalism / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 In Bwoi Mangu, Plateau Attack (Graphic Photos) / Suspected Herdsmen Kill 40 In Odugbeho, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by 96ACE: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Hdhdhd(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Dem dey Nekede for Owerri as I de type like this na men dey on de run

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by PharNEWS(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nothing suggests that arresting this people is a solution to this fraud!
There is a root cause and it should be tackled first!
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by bluefilm: 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's like these yahoo boys no dey ever finish o.

The more they are arrested, the more yahoo boys go still dey surface from every corner.

Does it mean that yahoo yahoo is such a lucrative venture or what?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Mooh247: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ibadan dey red
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Maleekspinzle(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
What's our government plan for us Work like machine and be paid like slave If there is enough provision of work I'm very sure this won't be rampant like this...
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Temptee101(m): 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
After getting arrested, what next?

They part with some sums of money, released and they get back to business.

Until a serious and practical punishment is metted out on these fraudsters to serve as deterrent to other intending thieves, will i take them serious.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by youcantcme: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
opera1:
Yahoo-Yahoo will continue to thrive in as much as no strict punishment for the fraudsters. They will soon be released.

There will always be fraud, no matter what is done.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by adeoba2008(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Why wouldn't the number increase when the maximum jail term is 6months . its stupid.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by youcantcme: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Xbolar777:

Wow, this is so serious ooo, but what is the government doing concerning this issue of yahoo boys?. Is there any strict punishments that will prevent them from going back to the act and serve as warning to others who may be planning to also engage in the business?,and finally I think the government is really sleeping on job creation.

Sane Countries like America can’t prevent fraud, ah Nigeria go prevent am ?
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by opera1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
youcantcme:

There will always be fraud, no matter what is done.

If there's a strict punishment for the offenders, it will limit it dramatically. Unlike now that jss1 students doing yahoo.

A 16 year old boy opened an estate at Uromi, Edo State.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Richvibes1997: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
And you think jailing them for 5 years will solve the matter? undecided
adeoba2008:
Why wouldn't the number increase when the maximum jail term is 6months . its stupid.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Lionnation: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
vabesew:
Kill them all
why, did they rape your mother or are they the cause of your poorverty

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Kayykayy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Na wa ooo,How many youth come remain for Ibadan now,d government needs to act fast about employment,we keep saying this everytime the government won’t do anything, I gave up on Nigeria long time ago,I haven’t seen anyone worthy enough to change the situation of this country,u parade yahoo boys and iPob,but protect Fulani terrorist and bandit.may God see us through

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Gkemz: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Surprisedly, the EFCC Enugu office is located in a secluded area of Independence layout where yahoo boys find solace as at the last time I visited the town.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by BJanta: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.facebook.com/100064596373289/posts/342256484604228/

Leave these boys alone, go and arrest the bandits. How many people have you arrested for this Internet fraud in the North? This is just an economic siege on the South.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by emmanuelnwekpa(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's well
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by holluwizzy: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
In my opinion, I believe the boys are looking up to their elders ( politicians ) who also help in securing their bail.

If the elders are taken away, the children will minimize or run away to neighbouring countries.

Xbolar777:

Wow, this is so serious ooo, but what is the government doing concerning this issue of yahoo boys?. Is there any strict punishments that will prevent them from going back to the act and serve as warning to others who may be planning to also engage in the business?,and finally I think the government is really sleeping on job creation.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by panpan(m): 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
The Supreme Court of Nigeria has ruled that Section 46 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act should be construed within the narrow confines of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption, the precursor to the establishment of the EFCC - to prevent illicit financial outflow from Nigeria.

EFCC is not supposed to arrest anybody unless the allegation is about "illicit financial outflow from Nigeria".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by HernanCortes: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
politicoNG:

Bandits/terrorists/kidnappers are getting their funds routed through somewhere within this financial system but EFCC will never go after those pathways.

The bandits even accept recharge cards as part of ransom payment, but useless EFCC will deliberately not track the phones that load such cards. The South isn't all stupid, as we shall all find out soon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by kayperry: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
opera1:
Yahoo-Yahoo will continue to thrive in as much as no strict punishment for the fraudsters. They will soon be released.

by strict punishment you mean cutting off there hands or sentence to firing squad abi ... if serving jail term is that easy maybe you should try not stepping out for six months

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by LillyandDaisy: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Why can’t we just address our problem one by one perhaps we can get a solution, let’s start from insecurity and then to poverty, then we can solve the problem of corruption within the civil servants then proceed to our politician, then to unemployment… that’s when we can proceed to all this fraudsters…
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by bjtinz: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
80 Kwa!! shocked shocked

Na wa oo☹️☹️
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Seredebe: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
uncleck:
I wanted to create a thread with the caption the political economy of yahoo yahoo, but I'm tired today. I'll do it within the week.

Quote me when you do
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Coronavirus1: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Arrest kaduna bomber not innocent yahoo boys that means no harm to Nigeria government

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by EasternSWboyz: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
politicoNG:

If this failing government can nab bandits the same way and with same vigour the pursue yahoo boys, I would have been amongst those that will clamour for their continuity in governance. Right now, I pray for the downfall of every member of this government tormenting this nation, by their in action or by their subscription to designed scripts causing these avoidable mayhem in Nigeria. If the fathers and mothers of these current aged leaders have ruled Nigeria like this, if the british had ruled Nigeria like this, would they be in the position they are today ? Curse be upon them, and upon their children, and upon their generations to come.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Abeebayo0106(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
politicoNG:

This is a billable offence.
The fraud in Yankee is fucking much than this.
Why they haven't arrested the stupid people call bandit.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by YeyeGbami: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
How do they treat these people's case when they are arrested?
Cause those around us for where I live after being arrested for some few days, you will see them on the street back to business.

No proper punishment for them, imagine the no of yahoo boys they are arresting every day.
Assuming they are put in cell, I'm sure thousands will be in cell by now but I'm pretty sure by tomorrow all those guys will be out and to their yahoo yahoo business.

Can the government feed them during the proposed jail term?
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by toujurs: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Its high time police to shoot them instantly dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASEMA Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Who Reported A Robbery Attack In His Area / LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic / Alaba Bakare's Death: Court Summons IGP, Others Over Alleged Cover Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.