Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,278 members, 7,881,043 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) (1385 Views)

Men Are Asking For DNA Test To Run From Responsibility - Actress Mary Njoku / Mary Njoku: Stop Criticizing My Fashion When You See Me, Just Don’t Greet Me / Jason Njoku Celebrates His Wife, Mary Njoku On 36th Birthday (Photos)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
‘Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup, It Would Have Been A Distraction’- Actress Mary Njoku.

Nigerian thespian, Mary Njoku has reacted to the disqualification of the senior national team Super Eagles from the Qatar World Cup 2022 after losing to Ghana in Abuja.

The 2022 World Cup Qualifiers between Nigeria and Ghana ended 1-1 on Tuesday night.

Reacting to this, Mary Njoku believes if the Super Eagles had qualified, the world cup would have been a distraction for many Nigerians.

In a post on her Instagram page, Mary Njoku expressed gratitude to God that the Super Eagles did not qualify for the 2022 World cup.

According to the wife of Iroko TV boss, Jason Njoku, there are problems in the country that needs fixing therefore the citizens must focus on them and put pressure on the federal government to do something.

Citing the attack on a train and the airport, Mary Njoku bemoaned the alarming insecurity in Nigeria and thus needs urgent attention by all.

In her words:

“Thank God we didn’t qualify for the world cup. It would have been a distraction. We need to focus on the real problems in Nigeria and pressure the Govt to do something.

An attack on a train! An attack at the airport. The insecurity in Nigeria is alarming. No more unnecessary distractions!!! This need everyone’s attention.”

https://glamsquadmagazine.com/thank-god-we-didnt-qualify-for-the-world-cup-actress-mary-njoku-tackles-government-on-insecurity/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Zonefree(m): 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
This woman seems to be one of the few sensible women in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
She’s very on point

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Zee0007: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Most Nigerians wanted to use the Qatar route to JAPA for life.

They wanted to go there as supporters. Then, run away.

God exposed them. tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Is there any way anyone wil disagree wit u without looking like a fool already? Huh?

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
African countries don't get pass the group stage at the world cup.The super Eagles will save Nigeria a huge funds that will be spent on bonus and match allowances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
She’s very on point

Very factually right!

There isn't any way anyone wil tryna fault her on dt point without looking like a thoughtless being already!

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Revolution2022:
African countries don't get pass the group stage at the world cup.The super Eagles will save Nigeria a huge funds that will be spent on bonus and match allowances.

U're irrefutably correct!

Only once Senegal interestingly made us proud by putting Africa on a conspicuous pedestal wit their nearly entry into d quarter finals at their World Cup debut dt year!
Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Zee0007:
Most Nigerians wanted to use the Qatar route to JAPA for life.

They wanted to go there as supporters. Then, run away.

God exposed them. tongue

U may think u're jst jesting wit what u hv jst said without realising d invariability of its veracity!

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Zee0007: 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gibberish!

FullBlastLight:

U may think u're jst jesting wit what u hv jst said without realising d invariability of its veracity!
Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by FullBlastLight: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Zee0007:
Gibberish!

Yeah, dt's d jibe of someone dt's void of knowledge & destitute of wisdom!

Go & reread dt stuff, I wasn't contradicting u, I was only buttressing what u said there!

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by sholay2011(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
She is right.

Nigerians are masters of masking their pains behind comic reliefs and sports, but they forget the pain would always remain there, and things may even graduate from bad to worse. We are too afraid to face important issues squarely, but would rather hide behind things that would only stimulate us temporarily.

God help us...and hopefully, we are ready to help ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wetin we wan go do for world cup self grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Rahkman: 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Zonefree:
she actually lost her sister to bokoharam

3 Likes

Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Zee0007: 8:02am On Apr 01, 2022
cry he just swooped my ass.

I typed "Gibberish" because there was no need typing in such language. The English was way too complex.

Simplicity is the code of life.

FullBlastLight:

Yeah, dt's d jibe of someone dt's void of knowledge & destitute of wisdom!

Go & reread dt stuff, I wasn't contradicting u, I was only buttressing what u said there!
Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2022
FullBlastLight:

U're irrefutably correct!

Only once Senegal interestingly made us proud by putting Africa on a conspicuous pedestal wit their nearly entry into d quarter finals at their World Cup debut dt year!

I ain't fighting her.....but Ghana almost reached the semi-final in 2010.
Re: Thank God We Didn’t Qualify For The World Cup! - Actress Mary Njoku (photos) by Foodqueen(f): 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
U make plenty sense.

Na Bbn de give me concern pass.

(1) (Reply)

Portable Zazoo Settles Old Beef With His Ghetto Friend And Gave Him Money / Talented Artist ASAKE Acquires Multi-million Naira Property (pics) / John Boyega Faces Backlash For Stating "I Only Date Black Women"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.