Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,621 members, 7,934,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 03:07 PM

Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? (13481 Views)

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
While growing up as child, anytime I and my siblings were ill, mum would squeeze ugu (fluted pumpkin) leaves and make juice out of it, she would then add malt and give us to drink, we enjoyed it though. She combines this drink alongside our medication until we fully recover. When asked, she told us that "it gives blood". So as an adult, I researched about the juice and discovered that my mum could be right, so I continued the trend, not just when I'm I'll, but equally after menstruation and any other time I feel dizzy or stressed up, and I must say that its a healthy drink, it tastes better when milk or malt, or any other healthy fruit is incorporated.

It can be taken fresh or heated up a little, but if you are sure of hygiene during it's preparation, I think it will be better of when taken fresh.

Here are some of the benefits of ugu juice
- it's rich in antioxidants
- helps in balancing hormones
- improves blood production
- Rich in iron and vitamins which helps in
blood circulation
- Treats iron deficiency
- Boosts immunity

In the video below, I have shown how to prepare a healthy ugu leaves juice, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncT2HpngR64

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Gentlerespect76: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nice
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Nice
Thanks
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 5:50am On Apr 01, 2022
Guys let me know what you think about ugu leaves juice, have you used it before?
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 9:09am On Apr 01, 2022
The last time I used it was With milk and I felt really refreshed and OK
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nobody is saying anything You people should talk mbok undecided
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by vinceyinnovation: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ufan, You have said it all. Wetin we go talk again.
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
Ufan, You have said it all. Wetin we go talk again.
Lols
Shebi them say nobody is an island of knowledge? I just want to hear other people's opinion
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by lifenajeje(m): 7:36am On Apr 13, 2022
Yes it aids in building blood ..

I know this based on research from Nigerian institute of medical research as an employee and personal experience ..

It's recommend the ugwu juice should be three times more than malt..

For instance if u can fill up three quater of a glass cup with ugwu juice top the remaining quarter with malt ..

There are two types of ugwu leaves..

The soft and hard one ..

The soft one which is called ugwu mouth produces more juice ..

Don't add water to the mix ..

Use the juice extracted..

Note : the juice is not effective when ones erythropoietin levels are low for that the patient wouid need the injection.

There are other vegetables that aids in blood building like the one Jehovah's witnesses call hospital too far .
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by lorhema(f): 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2022
It's effective. The last time I gave birth, I wasn't ready to take the risk of taking the blood transfusion I required. My doctor prescribed some meds that would boost my blood in about 3 weeks.

When a friend visited me at home, she advised me to take Ugu juice like her aunts made her do after each delivery.

I drank the juice regularly and my readings shot up.

It was so bitter that I had to be committed to taking it. I didn't know you could make it more palatable.
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2022
lifenajeje:
Yes it aids in building blood ..

I know this based on research from Nigerian institute of medical research as an employee and personal experience ..

It's recommend the ugwu juice should be three times more than malt..

For instance if u can fill up three quater of a glass cup with ugwu juice top the remaining quarter with malt ..

There are two types of ugwu leaves..

The soft and hard one ..

The soft one which is called ugwu mouth produces more juice ..

Don't add water to the mix ..

Use the juice extracted..

Note : the juice is not effective when ones erythropoietin levels are low for that the patient wouid need the injection.

There are other vegetables that aids in blood building like the one Jehovah's witnesses call hospital too far .

" Don't add water to the mix"
This is new to me, we learn everyday.
Thanks
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by lifenajeje(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Favour315:

" Don't add water to the mix"
This is new to me, we learn everyday.
Thanks

Yes you don't add water ..

That is why it's more advisable to get the part igbos call onunugwu( mouth of the ugwu) that part is soft and can.be replanted .
Re: Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? by Favour315(f): 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
lifenajeje:

Yes you don't add water ..

That is why it's more advisable to get the part igbos call onunugwu( mouth of the ugwu) that part is soft and can.be replanted .
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks / Kogi Advises Residents To Shun Cow Meat After 20 Die Mysteriously / Nigerian Swallow And Diabetes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.