Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) (35350 Views)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Coronavirus: UK Returnee Causes Panic In Ondo Community, Self-Isolates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Kingpele(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nawaoh this one is too terrible
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Adisa89(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Stupid lies from amateur bloggers.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
MrCover:

There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without Coming Across One Bad News Or The Other In This Country.
do you normally love the sound of your own voice?

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Realists(m): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oblitz:
What is it with lightning and Ondo? Last time it killed cows

Since the herdsmen are gone, the gods are now attacking the boys.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by ekukeku(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
MrCover:

There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without Coming Across One Bad News Or The Other In This Country.

Angel of bad news niwon now

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by drololaaof: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
We are done for here what concern Sango worshippers with this nothing ,they themselves can become victims. Let them tell it to oyibo person they will laugh at us . The best is to erect thunder catcher, or at best do not touch metallic object when it is raining, switch off radio ,tv and phones
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by stasius: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mercychen:
In this age and time? Na wa o.

According to reports, the four men were together in a room". Doing what?

Have they tried to find out what the men were up to?

They were eating amala and Ewedu.
See question.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Kyrestas: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=Mercychen post=111566288]In this age and time? Na wa o.
According to reports, the four men were together in a room". Doing what?
Have they tried to find out what the men were up to?
it happened during the rainfall sister, were do you want them to hide the rain?
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=Kyrestas post=111570152][/quote]

Was it stated anywhere that it was raining? Awwnnn.. iff that be the case, then, it is so sad.

So, if it raining now, everybody will be afraid? Hian!
They should do something to prevent a reoccurrence.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by tobenuel(m): 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
Na play play we take dey talk this thing those days ' if I lie make thunder fire me', without knowing thunder could strike one dead. RIP to the dead.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Rajiolaade: 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
1.The victims home must be situated at a place relatively higher above sea level in the community.
2.The house lacks altitude metalwork or deep rooted tall trees around or properly grounded electrical earth wire.
3. The victims must be the tallest effective
electric conducting medium to earth in the house.
4.lightning strike (a high voltage electrostatic discharge) kills worldwide not spiritual phenomenon.

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Babagbengene79: 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
SANGO,,they must have done something bad
Sango just doesn't kill without a reason
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Awesometouch1: 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
What a waste of energy. Can't lightening be striking Russian cities and towns at the rate of 100 blows per seconds?

It pains me to think there is a God and what is happening in Ukraine is actually taking place.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by ransomed: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
Whoever is aiding and abetting Fulani marauders must die a mysterious death. Amen.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Shezzman: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
U crack me up with that last statement...
kokkubabboni421:
Anything can kill someone in Nigeria.
If it’s not bandit, it’s unknown gun men, if they are not at play, SARS would do the needful. If sars goes on holiday, Local vigilante can takeover
If they decide to rest, Ritualist parading as yahoo boys will follow suit
I think the average Nigerian deserves an Oscar for solely surviving
What we are battling now is heat. If this temperature doesn’t kill someone, what else will?
Let me intimate your guys on something, the hell fire the Bible talked about is Nigeria
And when Christ said on the cross, it is finished he was referring to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Brian47(m): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nobody turned to flash?
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Offpoint1: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
BigRocky:
I strongly believe science can give a more comprehensive explanation on while thunder struck people dead
All information you need is on Google...

It's same thing as being electrocuted, but this time a million-billion volts

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Thightman1(m): 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
https://twitter.com/OluwabukolaVic5/status/1508987581345714178?s=19
Pls kindly help a friend bring this home, she is contesting in a event on Twitter and she only needs your like and comments �
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by tjcare4u2005(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lightning Science: Five Ways Lightning Strikes People
Weather.gov > Safety > Lightning Science: Five Ways Lightning Strikes People
It is not always possible to know exactly how a victim has been struck, but here is a list of ways that lightning strikes its victims. Any of these types of strikes can be deadly. Immediate medical attention, including calling 911, starting CPR, and using an AED, may be critically important to keep the person alive until more advanced medical care arrives.

Direct Strike
A person struck directly by lightning becomes a part of the main lightning discharge channel. Most often, direct strikes occur to victims who are in open areas. Direct strikes are not as common as the other ways people are struck by lightning, but they are potentially the most deadly. In most direct strikes, a portion of the current moves along and just over the skin surface (called flashover) and a portion of the current moves through the body--usually through the cardiovascular and/or nervous systems. The heat produced when lightning moves over the skin can produce burns, but the current moving through the body is of greatest concern. While the ability to survive any lightning strike is related to immediate medical attention, the amount of current moving through the body is also a factor.

Side Flash
A side flash (also called a side splash) occurs when lightning strikes a taller object near the victim and a portion of the current jumps from taller object to the victim. In essence, the person acts as a “short circuit” for some of energy in the lightning discharge. Side flashes generally occur when the victim is within a foot or two of the object that is struck. Most often, side flash victims have taken shelter under a tree to avoid rain or hail.

3 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Bellerophon: 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2022
MrCover:

Do You Know Before Now?

If this nonsense scavenging for reported news is what you term blogging and really take it as your sole source of livelihood then you are in for a long walk to nowhere! Lol this is an apology for a blog and in your narcissism you have the audacity to think this is anything near or similar to profitable and professional blogging? Mumu, Facebook and social media are your primary sources of information yet you present your posts like you sourced for the event! I can’t wait for your arrest for plagiarism by the primary or source content providers since you in your stupidity don’t give credit to their reportage
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lamasta:
If you hear thunder my brother run o grin

RIP to the deceased

Lightning first, then thunder...

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by HEBEI: 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yoruba people and lightning sef sad shocked

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by MedicH: 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
They must be on their way to mine skull. As per afonja

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Lamasta(m): 12:00am On Apr 02, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

Lightning first, then thunder...
Correct bro cool
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by kkins25(m): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2022
Cokahot:
I was on top speedwith defroster by 9pm. Oh boy lightning scattered my rear spoiler, damaging the stainless steel design on it. I felt a big hit at the booth,thinking maybe it was something I climbed on,not knowing it was lightning.oh boy. Nawa o,I was scared, it was raining and there was mad lightning everywhere,fences got damaged,roofs got taken off and of cos some mofockaz had accidents. I love rain die no more driving inside rain,I park anywhere rain meet me
I remember one time there was a heavy storm in Kaduna.

It is a habit of ours to disconnect all electrical appliances during any heavy rain.

One particular day the lightning was mad gan. Fear catch me self(i dont scare easily), the next morning alot of people in the neighborhood had lost their TVs, and other electrical appliances to the lightning.

someone's house was left with burnt marks on the wall from the lightning strike.
I no dey near anything iron during lightning oh..

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Ruku87: 1:22am On Apr 02, 2022
Same thunder damage most of my electronics which were not on, including my bole hole sumo that the plug was not even connected to any socket that same Wednesday evening in Benin city. Almost cost a neighbour her house as the wire used to connect power to the house was set ablaze by the same thunder and then start burning the wood used in roofing the house but for timely intervention by them the fire was put off.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Dshocker(m): 3:13am On Apr 02, 2022
It was never the plan of God for man to die in a crucial way...People die from poison, accident,and other stupid ways as a result of their actions.

Trust me,if you keep your hands clean,no poison or any mysterious death will ever come your way.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Tomek09(m): 4:00am On Apr 02, 2022
MrCover:

Do You Know Before Now?
Oga rest.
Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Tomek09(m): 4:00am On Apr 02, 2022
HEBEI:
Yoruba people and lightning sef sad shocked
Sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / Orgasms Can Trigger Cardiac Arrest Or Stroke - Medical Doctor / Man Dies In South African Brothel Following Sexual Intercourse (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.