Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,568 members, 7,921,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:57 PM

I Need Help Please ;-) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Need Help Please ;-) (796 Views)

I Need Help Please / Hausa In The House I Need Your Help, Please! It Is Urgent! / Help Please! Snow In Jos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Please ;-) by Katy86(f): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
Halo,

I would like to learn some edo.
my boyfriend teach me some words sometimes but thats not a good way to learn a language I think exspecially when he is always telling me that it is better to use english because it sound better.

He is even speaking with his own family english most of the time and not his own language. sometimes I think that he is ashamed of his language, but I would really like to know some basics in that language and maybe more.

i met a german woman one day and she told me that she could speak perfect igbo and I was ashamed a little bit because after 6 years with my boyfriend I do not know anything about the language or the culture

when I ask him he tell me little bit but he always tells me that this is not important and even he do not care about all this. I think thats a little bit sad. so I need help from you people to teach me some things about the language and culture of edo people, so I can tell our children something about the other part inside them wink

maybe you can give me some adresses where I can find something what can help us.

please I do not have time for fighting so haters stay away and people who would like to answer serios please help me grin

(1) (Reply)

[Topic Moved] / 10 Signs That You Are Back In Nigeria / Tomorrow Is Marijuana Day, Will You Celebrate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.