Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,153 members, 7,949,960 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos (1391 Views)

Why Are The Ibos The Only Tribe That Always Vote Correctly In Nigeria? / Why Nigeria Shouldnt Allow The Ibos Take The Name Ipob Abandon The Name Nigeria / Why The British Hates The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by GODPUNISHALABI: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
PressMyButton:

Ibos are economic refugees. When Iyaloja locked up Oyingbo market for two weeks, your parents were on the streets crying.
your hungry fathers were also crying that igbos are using their economic power to buy off ladipo and praying for tinubu to come and save them grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by PressMyButton: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
hungry Afonja I hope u know the population of igbos in lagos compared to Russians in UK? igbos are currently buying up who Atlantic grin grin take ur owomida hungry agberos there Nd seize their propertiez grin grin
No ibo man dead or living is worth the left leg of Roman Abramovic. It's not about the quantity of people running after vehicles while selling gala. And no matter the properties you think you have, the land is on lease and it expires after a certain period of time. In case of any eventuality, you lose everything entirely. In 1967, when you ran away, your properties in the SS were all gone till date - that's just a little reminder.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by GODPUNISHALABI: 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
PressMyButton:

No ibo man dead or living is worth the left leg of Roman Abramovic. It's not about the quantity of people running after vehicles while selling gala. And no matter the properties you think you have, the land is on lease and it expires after a certain period of time. In case of any eventuality, you lose everything entirely. In 1967, when you ran away, your properties in the SS were all gone till date - that's just a little reminder.
stop crying Kunle no matter what u type in this thread to discourage igbos from buying up lagos ,it's not going to work,thousands of igbos are heading to lagos right now as we speak,those thousands re future e moneys future jowizazaas they will come and buy what ever is left of no man's land grin
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by Goke7: 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
Conner44:

Your grandfathers once took over igbo peoples houses and lands over 60 years ago and look what’s happening today . . . Now those same igbo descendants have bought off your lands and overtaken your people in economic worth.

Do you plan a repeat of it all again?

Where are the statistics to back this?. Till now the largest enterprises and industries in Lagos are not owned by Igbos. Na wa for una.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by PressMyButton: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
stop crying Kunle no matter what u type in this thread to discourage igbos from buying up lagos ,it's not going to work,thousands of igbos are heading to lagos right now as we speak,those thousands re future e moneys future jowizazaas they will come and buy what ever is left of no man's land grin
Lol.. You witnessed what happened when Elrufai demolished many buildings in FCT, right?.. I'd advise you to sell your father's properties to come buy land in Lagos, when the need arises, we know what to do.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by PressMyButton: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Goke7:

Where are the statistics to back this?. Till now the largest enterprises and industries in Lagos are not owned by Igbos. Na wa for una.

Asking an average Ipob to produce statistics is like asking a stone to produce water. They lie to themselves to feel good, nothing but lies.
Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by colonelwealth(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
obaaderemi:
This is very good advice for the ibos. Yet, Some of them here are throwing insults at the man offering the advice.

I still wonder how the ibos feel safe in a country that once destroyed ibo lives and property in the sixties. I wonder how they can still have so much outside iboland. It's foolishness and risky. I am sure there were many who doubted that ibos could be attacked the way they were in the 60s. These are people who were a big part of Nigeria. But the attacks started even before the civil war. Ojukwu did a wonderful thing trying to pull his battered people out of Nigeria but the problem was the timing.

He should have retired from the Nigerian military to lead a renaissance of iboland first by building a strong economy and a secret armament sector before declaring biafra. That's why I see people like Sunday igboho and nnamdi Kanu as idiots and thieves. Any region that wants to break free must first harmonize it's industries and education, etc.

But the Igbos are the most outside -based tribe in Nigeria. They brag about owning other people's land and yet when war started in the 60s, how many of them stayed back?

Any sensible iboman will look towards home at a time like this.

Truthfully speaking your advice is very sound.
I like it when Nigerians speak the truth clearly without bias or tribalism. However this also applies to other tribes as well.. however Igbos are most affected.

I love Igbos but what you spoke is nothing but the truth including the Late. Gen Ojukwu& Biafra part.

Igbos must make it a matter of utmost urgency and national/regional policy to repatriate their wealth, achievements businesses and investments to SouthEast region.....this habit of wishfull thinking must be stopped.

No matter how you succeed outside your home, you are subject to your host's policies.
History must not repeat itself again.
It pains me greatly that this generation of Igbos are repeating the mistakes of their elders. For every investment outside Igboland make sure you have many backup investments in any state of your homeland (the 5 major states)
It is of no gain to rejoice in succedding in a other lands without reciprocating that in your success in your own house...Eko Atlantic city, Abuja, Lagos, pH, Kano, Kaduna, Dubai,j'borg can all be replicated in SouthEast if we mean business.
No need to rely on the politicians or government but every Igbo ndividual must play their own parts to build the SouthEast.
Respect to Ibeto, Innoson, Coscharis,Cubana,Anambra govt&many others leading the charge.

I understand Igbos make this mistakes because they are committed to nationalism in nature&open minded but it has exposed them however this attitude must stop.

The treatment given to Russians&their investments in the west this period should be an eye opener...let the wise take this advice.

Igbos wake up and think home first!!

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by OMENKAismad: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
PressMyButton:
You never would have thought that Russian oligarchs would have had their assets seized in Europe among several other financial and economic sanctions.
A host country or state holds the final say on all properties on her soil and does whatever they deem fit. They make the laws and can as well rejig the laws to suit their purpose. Any stranger who thinks himself above his host could be made to pay for his foolishness and go down as a pauper he once was before migrating to the host's state with a pair of slippers and a nylon bag.. Whatever you enjoy in your host region is a privilege not a right.

There are about 10 Russian billionaires in the top 100 Forbes list, it's no mean feat yet events have shown that they needed Europe more than Europe needed them. An instance of Roman Abramovic loosing his ownership of Chelsea fc in less than two weeks is a concrete proof that no stranger irrespective of influence is as powerful as the Government of the hosts.
The spurious claim that ibos have a stake in Lagos, parts of SW or Abuja is as preposterous as the claim that Lagos is no man's land. By the time it's dawned on you, it would have been a little too late.
I would advise that ibos begin to think home, so that you won't lose all in case of any eventuality.
If it's not home, it can never be home. If you start making your home liveable, more habitable and economically viable, perhaps, you might also have an increase in the number of strangers migrate to the region for economic opportunities.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.
good advice to my people we igbo don't have any business whit Lagos the only thing we have is to do our business and go home

Wee should not drag Lagos whit yeruba and Benin just like yeruba will not drag Onitsha and nnewi from Igbo

Lagos belong to yeruba if Benin want it it not our business simple

After God na government don't mind people who say power belong to people Power belong to the government

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Ukraine War; Lesson For The Ibos by PressMyButton: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
OMENKAismad:
good advice to my people we igbo don't have any business whit Lagos the only thing we have is to do our business and go home

Wee should not drag Lagos whit yeruba and Benin just like yeruba will not drag Onitsha and nnewi from Igbo

Lagos belong to yeruba if Benin want it it not our business simple

After God na government don't mind people who say power belong to people Power belong to the government
Lagos belongs to Benin but na Yoruba dey collect the money, Lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Should Decamp To APGA / Senator Ike Ekweremadu's Family Might Be Innocent / I Still Got 55k From Peter Obi Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.