Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria (202 Views)

No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria / Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Why do European countries have a single ethnic group dominating a country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria by banku: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
BNW Magazine: Biafra-Nigeria-World Magazine: Farouk Martins Archives
March 05, 2006

No Single Ethnic Group can and will Carry Nigeria

by Farouk Martins, Omo Aresa --- A tree can not make a forest. Nigeria has to be carried by each and every Ethnic group in our Country for the sake of Africa, for the sake of blacks in this world. I pride myself as a dedicated Nigerian but sometimes I find it easier to be an African.
I must confess that I was ticked off by the recent headline that Yoruba have betrayed the Igbo AGAIN. The fact is Yoruba have never betrayed any Ethnic group, have never sought territorial advantage or dominance on others’ soil and have never craved the ambition to rule others in their domain. Indeed the Yoruba, who coalesced from many African Ethnic groups by long tradition of accommodation and tolerance, has found itself in a position of fighting to retain its own in Nigeria.

The statement Awolowo made still stands today. Yoruba can not and will not carry Nigeria alone. If the Hausa or the Fulani or the Kanuri decides to leave Nigeria today, Nigeria has lost its meaning. If the Ijaw or Ibibio or the Idoma or Urhobo decides to leave Nigeria today, Nigeria has no relevance to the world. It has to be seen as the beginning of the end. As secondary school children we cried when we were told we would need passport to cross to Biafra. How could our brothers and sisters suddenly become foreigners to us? I watch with dreaded sympathy how families are separated by wars of demarcation all over the world. Right here in the Delta and North-East between Nigeria and Cameron, families cry and protest about separation

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/farouk_martins/
Re: No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria by DitariDisciple2: 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
banku:
BNW Magazine: Biafra-Nigeria-World Magazine: Farouk Martins Archives
March 05, 2006

No Single Ethnic Group can and will Carry Nigeria

by Farouk Martins, Omo Aresa --- A tree can not make a forest. Nigeria has to be carried by each and every Ethnic group in our Country for the sake of Africa, for the sake of blacks in this world. I pride myself as a dedicated Nigerian but sometimes I find it easier to be an African.
I must confess that I was ticked off by the recent headline that Yoruba have betrayed the Igbo AGAIN. The fact is Yoruba have never betrayed any Ethnic group, have never sought territorial advantage or dominance on others’ soil and have never craved the ambition to rule others in their domain. Indeed the Yoruba, who coalesced from many African Ethnic groups by long tradition of accommodation and tolerance, has found itself in a position of fighting to retain its own in Nigeria.

The statement Awolowo made still stands today. Yoruba can not and will not carry Nigeria alone. If the Hausa or the Fulani or the Kanuri decides to leave Nigeria today, Nigeria has lost its meaning. If the Ijaw or Ibibio or the Idoma or Urhobo decides to leave Nigeria today, Nigeria has no relevance to the world. It has to be seen as the beginning of the end. As secondary school children we cried when we were told we would need passport to cross to Biafra. How could our brothers and sisters suddenly become foreigners to us? I watch with dreaded sympathy how families are separated by wars of demarcation all over the world. Right here in the Delta and North-East between Nigeria and Cameron, families cry and protest about separation

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/farouk_martins/

. Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic whether you like it or not.

Ijaw Republic is our home.
Re: No Single Ethnic Group Can And Will Carry Nigeria by banku: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
. Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic whether you like it or not.

Ijaw Republic is our home.

How far did Jonathan go?

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know? / Terrorists Abduct Many Residents In Fresh Attacks in Katsina / Ezendigbo Ejigbo, Eze Nwoye Endorses Chief Michael Diji For Ohanaeze Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.