Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,548 members, 7,972,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? (774 Views)

Snake And Cane Rat For Dinner (Photos) / Food For School Lunch In Nigeria And Other Countries (Photos) / See The Dinner I Prepared From My Garden Without Spending Kobo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Kenog4real(m): 1:28am On Apr 04, 2022
I have noticed for The fact that we were taught balanced diet right from primary has no impact on how majority of Nigerians put 2 or 3 things together to make a balance diet and also eat the said food at the right time. I don't know if it's a general thing in Africa as a whole; but it's something I've seen different families practice. I opportune to have seen how few countries tries to schedule/time their meals in such a way it's balanced and also taken at the right time. In Nigeria, alot of people find it exciting eating swallow for dinner which sometimes might be around 9:00-10:00pm. I feel a bit bad sometimes when I tries to make my people understand I can't eat again because it's already late especially if it was swallow.
Many have being trying to reduce weight and also look healthy but eating heavy food for dinner and also eating late has been a hobby for them.
It sometimes looks as if people just want to eat which is done according to how they see it.

Is this eating habits a general thing in Nigeria/Africa or its just something that's happening in my vicinity alone.?

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Kenog4real(m): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2022
BL
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by HarunaWest(m): 1:33am On Apr 04, 2022
Oga forget balanced diet lets just eat food. We eat, we die; we don't eat, we die. Which one come be eating heavy or light?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by pyyxxaro: 4:05am On Apr 04, 2022
because na Food when de ur belle u go carry go heaven

And food nor Heaven, Na only singing and dancing we go de do

If you nor get strength to dance , there go carry you go Hellfire cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by MMWandali: 4:49am On Apr 04, 2022
That "heavy food" is the only food some people may get to feed on for the whole day please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Ahmed0336(m): 4:52am On Apr 04, 2022
Truth is if I mistakenly eat light food, just expect me in the kitchen at most 11pm scattering everywhere, looking for what to eat.

I am not an European, please let me be. Thank you........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Elmojiid(m): 4:57am On Apr 04, 2022
Current situation
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Lamasta(m): 4:58am On Apr 04, 2022
That heavy food is what keeps us going

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by superCleanworks(m): 5:33am On Apr 04, 2022
All the witches and wizards and tiger and giant and bla bla bla Nigerians fight with in the dream... Where do you think all that energy come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Cutehector(m): 5:38am On Apr 04, 2022
Please eat and drink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by JaneYave(f): 5:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Thank you for enlightenment. Nothing works on tummy size reduction like controlling your dinner intake and the time you take it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by GOFRONT(m): 7:07am On Apr 04, 2022
because in this part of the world, we love doing out things the heavy and crude way
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
grin This a common practice in most Nigerian homes that has been there from the time of our forefathers and passed down over the centuries from generation to this present generation and its not about to change anytime soon.

We are used to it and so far it has not been a cause for concern or any emergencies.
Well you may attribute it to excess weight gain but remember, not every African is overweight and the so called whites you claim do it right have the highest case of obesity even with their being calculative and meticulous in their eating habits. So, what exactly is your point?

Abeg Ieave that heavy night food for us because its a life saver and we are not complaining neither is our stomach.

In this part of the world, hunger dey. anything you see, combine am together and chop! No time to check where calories and fibers should go. Lol....

However, if you want to join the western people to be selective about your meals, please feel free and leave the whole Nigeria out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Kenog4real(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2022
superCleanworks:
All the witches and wizards and tiger and giant and bla bla bla Nigerians fight with in the dream... Where do you think all that energy come from?

LOL grin grin grin.
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by meobizy(f): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2022
Where I live the nights are as hot as the daytime. High calorie foods are needed to maintain body mass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Kenog4real(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2022
MMWandali:
That "heavy food" is the only food some people may get to feed on for the whole day please

Well, I understand what you just said that's why I said the timing is also important even if that's the only thing one had to eat all day.
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Kenog4real(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Truth is if I mistakenly eat light food, just expect me in the kitchen at most 11pm scattering everywhere, looking for what to eat.

I am not an European, please let me be. Thank you........

LOL... But you can still eat the heavy food but not late in the night. Then complement it later in the night with the likes of fruits incase you later get hungry/there is need to take something.
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Gofwane(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
How I end my day.

* 5-9pm, drinking vodka, smoking AZ and Bohem.

* 9-12am, eating a wrap of Semo with 4 meats then surfing the Internet.

*12am, smoke a joint of AZ, pop another wrap of Semo and more meats, blow a stick of Bohem, plug my earphones then crash till 5am.

* 5am, I wake up, blow a stick of Bohem and get set for work.

I don tire for this we obodo naija.
Re: Why Do We Take Heavy Food For Dinner In This Part Of The World? by Atllanta: 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
YH heavy food at night makes it easier to sleep faster

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Will Like CALLING OUR AFRICAN FOOD FOOD FOREIGN Names / I Can't Stop Eating, I Need Help,it Is Affecting Me. / Any Idea On Asian Dishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.