Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,464 members, 7,897,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus (31692 Views)

Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep / Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus / Ukrainians Angry As Putin Offers Evacuation Routes Lead To Russia And Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by osazsky(m): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2022
AirFireEarthH20:

These are small countries that are dependent on others for survival. Russia is self sufficient in energy and food. Do the Maths and see who will suffer at the end.
the person that messed Adam's oshimole up wrote a petition under a tree in one small village..this singular act removed him as party chairman..expelled him from d party hence losing its battle with a lizard obaseki
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by emmaodet: 1:08am On Apr 05, 2022
pansophist:
Any one with a grasp of geography knows that you simply cannot isolate Russia, its just too vast. A country that borders fourteen other countries, bigger than half of Africa, and spread accross three continent (Europe, Asia and North America) can't be isolated.

The baltic states are feeling fly because they are in nato and EU. Three tiny countries that only Niger, Borno and Taraba state are bigger than, with a tiny population combined that is not up to 1/3 of Lagos. Closing their borders with Russia does not isolate Russia, it isolate them. grin

Go ask EU airlines, especially Finnair that is loosing billions due to Russia stopping them from flying across their country en route to Asia. You can't go to Asia from Europe faster without flying across Russia. EU airlines now are in tears, loosing billions due to Russian blockade.

bro, if what i have been reading is right, it is like Russia is really losing the war.
They have jammed their communication system thereby resorting to walking-talkie and Ukrainian telecommunication and the opponent eavesdropping their moves and killing many Russian colonels and generals in process.
Some issues like poor logistics, poorly trained infantries with low Morales, using outdated and obsolete weapons among others are a great concern about Russia.
The places they captured initially have been re-captured by Ukrainians with the help of NATO modern jamming system, use of rocket javelins to blow out Russian tanks, shooting down Russian planes

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by Appleyard(m): 1:10am On Apr 05, 2022
kushme:

I mean, I raise hand for you(in respect). I knew about BRICS countries and saw your points clearly. One of the BRICS mission is to reduce the use of dollars in global trading..

Like someone said, there is a something hooge(huge) beyond this Russo-ukraine war that people don't know..

Respect to you( toxtimmy) and BKayy and Appleyard.
Great contributions

Recognition acknowledged. We can do nothing but spit facts. cool

2 Likes

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by Appleyard(m): 1:32am On Apr 05, 2022
emmaodet:

bro, if what i have been reading is right, it is like Russia is really losing the war.
They have jammed their communication system thereby resorting to walking-talkie and Ukrainian telecommunication and the opponent eavesdropping their moves and killing many Russian colonels and generals in process.
Some issues like poor logistics, poorly trained infantries with low Morales, using outdated and obsolete weapons among others are a great concern about Russia.
The places they captured initially have been re-captured by Ukrainians with the help of NATO modern jamming system, use of rocket javelins to blow out Russian tanks, shooting down Russian planes

What you have been reading is propaganda.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by grandstar(m): 1:36am On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=Appleyard post=111655486][/quote]

I am not an economist, though I am a massive fan of the free market and have a love for economics in general. My favorite magazine since I was 17 has been the Economist magazine.

Trust me, no matter how much you cheer the Russian economy, it will be severely hurt by sanctions. The previous sanctions imposed in 2014 after the annexation of Crimea had limited damaging effect on its economy and slowed its growth.

Putin, then, chose to implement economic reforms that would insulate the economy from the effects of further sanctions in the future. It built massive foreign reserves of $600bn for example which was one of the cushions. Unfortunately for Putin, he did not know that the sanctions the West would heap on it in the wake of the invasion would be so draconian.

It is best you listen to professionals. There are also 2 university-trained economists here on Nairaland, omohayek, and 4play who can lecture you on the true effects the sanctions will have on the Russian economy.

I have also placed some links below

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/3/31/russias-post-invasion-political-economy

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/18/russia-central-bank-keeps-rates-at-20percent-but-warns-of-considerable-uncertainty.html

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by seunny4lif(m): 1:39am On Apr 05, 2022
emmaodet:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
help of NATO modern jamming system? Where did you get that from? Ukraine can't even fly their own jets as Russia military were firing S300 and S400 from Belarus.
Russia lost jets, are within first week of the war because Ukraine is a massive country and it easy to place air defense anywhere.

Russia and Ukraine operate same air defense systems apart from S400.
Ukraine has not recaptured anything, Russia withdraw from Kyiv has a part of negotiation deal broken by Turkish president.
Russia withdraw from those places on 31 March 2022 and even USA stated Russia have withdrew but it believe it moving the forces from there to east to cut off Ukraine from Odessa city.
If Russia take over Odessa city then its is finished for Ukraine to use sea ports.

The only mistake Russia did was not declaring full war of Ukraine, with that everyone will know its war unlike this operation to take Kyiv or make Ukraine landlocked.
Kyiv operation by Russia was a failure, as plan not to bombed Kyiv to stone age, goes bad for Russia, I think it was not planned well and that the reason they move to east.

Russia need to take over Odessa with everything before May Day in Russia

2 Likes

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by emmaodet: 1:51am On Apr 05, 2022
Appleyard:

What you have been reading is propaganda.

Well, i hope so because i am reading and following up from quora.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by emmaodet: 1:58am On Apr 05, 2022
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
help of NATO modern jamming system? Where did you get that from? Ukraine can't even fly their own jets as Russia military were firing S300 and S400 from Belarus.
Russia lost jets, are within first week of the war because Ukraine is a massive country and it easy to place air defense anywhere.

Russia and Ukraine operate same air defense systems apart from S400.
Ukraine has not recaptured anything, Russia withdraw from Kyiv has a part of negotiation deal broken by Turkish president.
Russia withdraw from those places on 31 March 2022 and even USA stated Russia have withdrew but it believe it moving the forces from there to east to cut off Ukraine from Odessa city.
If Russia take over Odessa city then its is finished for Ukraine to use sea ports.

The only mistake Russia did was not declaring full war of Ukraine, with that everyone will know its war unlike this operation to take Kyiv or make Ukraine landlocked.
Kyiv operation by Russia was a failure, as plan not to bombed Kyiv to stone age, goes bad for Russia, I think it was not planned well and that the reason they move to east.

Russia need to take over Odessa with everything before May Day in Russia

help of NATO modern jamming system? Where did you get that from? Ukraine can't even fly their own jets as Russia military were firing S300 and S400 from Belarus. - i am following up on quora and the comments are coming from people on ground both in ukraine and russia.
Ukraine has not recaptured anything, Russia withdraw from Kyiv has a part of negotiation deal broken by Turkish president. - En en. I hope so sha but NATo has been supporting Ukrainian govt. with first hand intelligence supports/informations about Russian moves e.g showing satellite video coverage of Russian camps, movements, logistic routes etc so as to counter it.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by LadiesForever(f): 2:05am On Apr 05, 2022
excanny:

Russia makes most monies from crude oil sales? Guess it’s biggest customer. A non-EU country called China.

These nonentities don’t buy any significant Russia oil. They can go to hell.

Says the Russian minister of Sales and finance

Funny little Nairlanders who know it all
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by seunny4lif(m): 2:09am On Apr 05, 2022
emmaodet:

help of NATO modern jamming system? Where did you get that from? Ukraine can't even fly their own jets as Russia military were firing S300 and S400 from Belarus. - i am following up on quora and the comments are coming from people on ground both in ukraine and russia.
Ukraine has not recaptured anything, Russia withdraw from Kyiv has a part of negotiation deal broken by Turkish president. - En en. I hope so sha but NATo has been supporting Ukrainian govt. with first hand intelligence supports/informations about Russian moves e.g showing satellite video coverage of Russian camps, movements, logistic routes etc so as to counter it.
NATO provided Ukraine with intelligence supports/information, I know that, but same NATO can't even tell Ukraine about Russia drones picking up Ukraine troops.
I followed many pro Ukraine accounts with some foreign fighters uploading videos on Twitter and Telegram.
Ukraine government even went as far as upload video games called ARM2, can't remember the name but that video games are so real if you don't look at it very well
Only 200 Russia troops controlled that Airport for 24 hrs and Ukraine could not get it back until Russia withdrew on 31 March.
Those towns and city mayors are always the first to post it.

Turkish drones was only managed to hit Russia troops in first 3days of the Operation.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by LadiesForever(f): 2:13am On Apr 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

wink
I’m not shocked because I already knew that Russia doesn’t have a monopoly on anything you named.
-Gold is not a necessity however Russia is nowhere near the US largest source of gold. Here are the biggest suppliers to the US:
Switzerland ($27.3B), Canada ($3.35B), Singapore ($3.22B), Australia ($2.75B), and Mexico ($2.29B).

-Wheat you said? The US is the world’s fourth largest producer of wheat. If needed, the US will stop exportation .The American people won’t suffer without Russian wheat. Fun fact: Ukraine is Nigeria and Egypt’s biggest source of wheat.

-Russia never had a monopoly on providing fertilizer, especially since the US produces more fertilizer than Russia. The US can stop exportation or import from China or India. The American people won’t suffer.

-There isn’t a dire need to build rockets. The Space program won’t crumble.
Do you really think leaders didn’t plan for loss mitigation before sanctioning Russia?

Did I say Russia had a monopoly on anything?

I didn't even add the word monopoly to rocket boosters and they have that...

Did you know even Ukraine is a top producer of wheat, fertilizer, oil and gas? A lot of those EuroAsian countries are low level oil producers
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by LadiesForever(f): 2:33am On Apr 05, 2022
RichMelanin:

And who says theys no more market, with India and China buying more presently
Even USA and the whole of Europe is still buying till the end of the year with ‘hopes’ of cutting of Russian energy supply ‘hopes’ and USA having no plans of stopping fertilizer importation from Russia
What kind of sanction is that cheesy

It's so funny how you sty in Nigeria to name drop 'the whole of Europe'

India is under pressure to stop buying Rusian gas.
China has refused to criticize Russia because it depends heavily on Russian gas

However, in Europe the case is different... one by one each of the EU countries are disconnecting themselves from Russia and turning to other alternatives. These things don't happen overnight because some of those nations have actually spent billions building pipelines linking them to Russia... especially Germany

Ukarine, Romania, Norway, Poland... all are top oil producers

In world order... Saudi Arabia is the largest oil prodcer in the world followed by Russia and the USA and Iran.

However, in countries with the largest oil deposits... the USA is number one followed by Saudi Arabia then Russia and Iran
what i am trying to tell you is that some countries have oil but are not producing and selling a lot of it... Iran and the USA for example. But with Russia now messing up the USA has already started producing more and Iran is fighting for sanction relief so as to follow... just watch
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:41am On Apr 05, 2022
LadiesForever:

Did I say Russia had a monopoly on anything?

I didn't even add the word monopoly to rocket boosters and they have that...

Did you know even Ukraine is a top producer of wheat, fertilizer, oil and gas? A lot of those EuroAsian countries are low level oil producers

So in other words, other countries can survive without Russian exports.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by emmaodet: 2:45am On Apr 05, 2022
seunny4lif:

NATO provided Ukraine with intelligence supports/information, I know that, but same NATO can't even tell Ukraine about Russia drones picking up Ukraine troops.
I followed many pro Ukraine accounts with some foreign fighters uploading videos on Twitter and Telegram.
Ukraine government even went as far as upload video games called ARM2, can't remember the name but that video games are so real if you don't look at it very well
Only 200 Russia troops controlled that Airport for 24 hrs and Ukraine could not get it back until Russia withdrew on 31 March.
Those towns and city mayors are always the first to post it.

Turkish drones was only managed to hit Russia troops in first 3days of the Operation.

Okay.
One thing i know is that if the US is the one in russia's situation, they would have performed worse, i mean worse.
Just imagine US fighting mexico and then placed on international sanctions, freeze their international account, cut off from SIFT or whatever, no other country to support them, remove dollars as international reserve currency so that they won't have the liberty to be printing more dollars to use for the war or to sustain their economy while other countries keep supporting mexico with funds, intelligence report and equipment.
US would have really really struggled alone.

2 Likes

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:57am On Apr 05, 2022
timesup234:
In your life don't you ever near Cuba again. We marxist out there and we fvcking kill American imperialists like you. Vagabond tapeworm

Typical Nigerian who resorts to insults and empty threats when someone doesn’t agree with him. Please channel your energy towards realistic goals that’ll benefit you and those around you. Marxism is failing you.

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by osazsky(m): 3:03am On Apr 05, 2022
emmaodet:

Okay.
One thing i know is that if the US is the one in russia's situation, they would have performed worse, i mean worse.
Just imagine US fighting mexico and then placed on international sanctions, freeze their international account, cut off from SIFT or whatever, no other country to support them, remove dollars as international reserve currency so that they won't have the liberty to be printing more dollars to use for the war or to sustain their economy while other countries keep supporting mexico with funds, intelligence report and equipment.
US would have really really struggled alone.
no country can give usa sanctions they control the worlds.its God's own country..sanction are given to small countries by bigger countries for misbehaving just like Iran.. russia ..and nigeria

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:05am On Apr 05, 2022
timesup234:
fvcking heroin addict jumping from one trend to another. Beggi beggi for bags, shoes and phone bills. Pvssy don't sell anymore, dumb lame $2 whoorrre

That’s a really evil way to talk about your mother who gave birth to you. I’ll be ignoring your stupidity from now on. Goodbye sir

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by JohnSP99: 3:14am On Apr 05, 2022
BKayy:

LOL countries of combined landmass of less than 500,000 km2 "completely isolating" a country of 17 million Km2.

Lol who was your geography teacher?

Russia is a continent. She is even bigger than the whole of Europe. Like almost times two
and so can that Russia survive on its own without external help

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:48am On Apr 05, 2022
JohnSP99:

and so can that Russia survive on its own without external help

According to the rest of the world along with Russian citizens who know that Putin is an evil, oppressive dictator? Absolutely not. Some of these Nigerians actually think that the sanctions were arbitrary and hastily handed out. Western countries pay analysts and government advisers large salaries for credible data, not wishful thinking.
Russia needs the outside world more than the outside world needs Russia. Russia is behind the rest of the world in medical research and development and almost all of the pharmaceuticals prescribed and used in Russia are imported from countries supporting the sanctions.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by styles2009: 4:14am On Apr 05, 2022
You are funny to believe everything you read online and quickly have the best opinion, ask anyone living in Germany foodstuff like vegetable oil and co are scares now.

Igbofam:

Ironically they are not out of sanctions. They are just holding back from placing the worst sanctions.

By the way Germany, UK and USA are currently putting together more sanctions.

Hey haven't even started yet with Russia

Food prices just jumped by 45% in Russia and so did car prices grin
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:45am On Apr 05, 2022
Appleyard:

The guy is just an emotional Ukrainian propagandist who think Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia has ''completely isolated'' a country the size of Russia. grin I wanted to help him see something but decided against it because he is always too pompous to accept his errors. cool On the contrary, it is Russia that has the capability to cut off the three Baltic states from the rest of Europe.

The guy is very funny.

Russia doesn’t have the capability to cut off the countries you named from the rest of Europe.
Russia wouldn’t dare try his bullying with those three Baltic states because they are ALL NATO members.
He picked on Ukraine because it is not a member and he thought it would be an easy conquest.

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by MrKaplan: 5:50am On Apr 05, 2022
RichMelanin:

For every action they is an opposite reaction, this would only have effect on their diplomatic relationship, both parties get to loose, but I see Poland and co loosing more, the things you use to get cheap from your neighbor would come at high cost getting it else where, Russia would only have to throw their abundant products out into the international markets at affordable cost and still boost its economy
Always defending Russia. Perhaps you haven’t heard that it’s possible for one to suffer in the midst of plenty. Such might be the fate of Russia.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by lexy2014: 6:28am On Apr 05, 2022
VictorUSA:
Go back and read my first comment and read then your comment you quoted me with.

What has that got to do with my comment about Americans going to Mexico to buy cheap fuel ?
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by RichMelanin: 7:08am On Apr 05, 2022
LadiesForever:

It's so funny how you sty in Nigeria to name drop 'the whole of Europe'

India is under pressure to stop buying Rusian gas.
China has refused to criticize Russia because it depends heavily on Russian gas

However, in Europe the case is different... one by one each of the EU countries are disconnecting themselves from Russia and turning to other alternatives. These things don't happen overnight because some of those nations have actually spent billions building pipelines linking them to Russia... especially Germany

Ukarine, Romania, Norway, Poland... all are top oil producers

In world order... Saudi Arabia is the largest oil prodcer in the world followed by Russia and the USA and Iran.

However, in countries with the largest oil deposits... the USA is number one followed by Saudi Arabia then Russia and Iran
what i am trying to tell you is that some countries have oil but are not producing and selling a lot of it... Iran and the USA for example. But with Russia now messing up the USA has already started producing more and Iran is fighting for sanction relief so as to follow... just watch

What are you saying
Why would European countries get involved in building a pipeline from Russia with billions when they have crude, or don’t you know natural gas deposit is different from crude deposit, and Russia has abundance of both at a very cheap rate, you claiming that Norway,Romania and Poland produces crude and gas, I don’t even know where you got that claim from, these are countries who buy, store and refine
Even the USA can’t even produce enough for their consumption due to the nature of their topography and ability of so of their oil marketer to ramp up production
India just like Hungary and Germany would keep buying gas from Russia theys no other choice as well as China that isn’t yielding to the pressure of the west
Saudi Arabia has started talks with China to use the chine yuan for oil trade with China

Any deal with Iran is death for now till next year, how would Europe survive the winter and inflation hiking economy presently on, hike in energy and food scarcity for a year

I believe those sanctions would be eased off very soon with Russia’s aim already achieved in reclaiming the Donbas region and demilitarization of Ukraine, Putin’s aim wasn’t to seize the whole of Ukraine hope you know that
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by Buliwyf: 7:18am On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=frankson1 post=111648990][/quote]

Another Russian bot yapping about research. You must think we are all like you guys who don't know what they are talking about but keep screaming western propaganda.

As at 2019, the last time I checked, over 40% of Russian economic activity was tied to fossil fuels. It will have probably even increased before this war. Natural resources owns about 60% of their economic output. So what are you talking about?

If you actually took your own advice and did research yourself, you won't be a Russian bot.

1 Like

Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by VirileNelly2420: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ll repeat myself. That’ll never happen, at least in your lifetime.
And that happening would have little to no impact on America or it’s people.

Lol... Taliban just expelled Americans from dia country in Afghanistan.

If Nigeria does same, I Know d impact wouldn't b significant. But den, it's big enough to spite Americans. It's more of an insult to d mighty.

Don't u think so?
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by Czario: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2022
plaindealer:

Putin is dumb and grossly overrated, but he's not suicidal.

His own generals won't hesitate to kill him before they let him cross into Poland.

Putin will be assassinated , that's a given.
But will run around eastern Europe like a mad dog before then.
Re: Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:20am On Apr 05, 2022
VERY GOOD. angryLOCKDOWN ALL RUSSIAN EMBASSIES ALLOVER THE WORLD.PUTIN BUSINESSES TOO MUST BE SHUTDOWN. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Multiple Deaths Reported In Orlando, Florida Shooting / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.